Considering the Liberty or Vision of the Seas

Hi,

We have only cruised on R.C. once before and are considering a cruise on the Vision with ports that look good, or the Liberty, with ports we are not sure about. We are concerned that we may be bored on the Vision as it is older and there may not be much to do. We would rather be on the Liberty, but are not sure if we can easily get to nice beaches near LaRomana and Puerto Plata. Our other R.C. cruise was on the Grandeur, and we weren't thrilled with the cabin and bathroom size and lack of things to do...but it was in the winter so being able to be up on deck in the summer would help. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Edited by PAcruiser25
grammar

Liberty missed their amp and imo looks tired. The tv at the pool has been broken since before covid and apparently the satalittle for tv reception is pointed wrong as cabin TV rarely got the news. I was glad to see her leave Galveston. I know a lot of people love her. I just thought she needed attention. Every time there were elevators shaking or out of order. Etc.

I too was a little bored on grandeur food choice wise. 

2 not great ship choices imo ...good ports have older ships. It's always a trade off. Look at my signature, I love oasis class, but radiance is 10 days to go see Panama and Columbia and carnival dream 14 days also had 5 unusual ports.

It's how it is, newer oasis class but boring same ole ports, or older ships to see better ports. 

Edited by firefly333

6 hours ago, PAcruiser25 said:

... considering a cruise on the Vision [snip] Our other R.C. cruise was on the Grandeur, and we weren't thrilled with the cabin and bathroom size and lack of things to do...

Vision and Grandeur are the same class.  If you weren't thrilled with Grandeur you probably won't be thrilled with Vision.

I've been on both Grandeur and Vision and I personally had no issues with either.  I have not been on Freedom class (Liberty's class), but have been on two [slightly smaller] Voyager class ships and enjoyed both of them.

8 hours ago, PAcruiser25 said:

Hi,

We have only cruised on R.C. once before and are considering a cruise on the Vision with ports that look good, or the Liberty, with ports we are not sure about. We are concerned that we may be bored on the Vision as it is older and there may not be much to do. We would rather be on the Liberty, but are not sure if we can easily get to nice beaches near LaRomana and Puerto Plata. Our other R.C. cruise was on the Grandeur, and we weren't thrilled with the cabin and bathroom size and lack of things to do...but it was in the winter so being able to be up on deck in the summer would help. Any thoughts? Thanks!

We were on the Grandeur for B2B2B and I understand not being thrilled.  Liberty IMO is better than Grandeur.  Oasis & Quantum Class ships are our favorites.

If you are sailing for the ports the ship doesn't really matter that much.  We've sailed a couple of times on Vision.  An old-style cruise experience.  Much of the entertainment is in the atrium - fair number of performances by the crew members.  Much more interaction with senior crew than on the large ships and price is usually pretty decent.

We've sailed on both, will you be sailing with children?  If you are I'd go with Liberty as there is more for them to do, we recently sailed Vision for the 6th time, it was port intensive so was hardly on the ship, but it is still a lovely old style ship for sitting and watching the ocean or people and as it's smaller we met a lot more people and the crew seemed friendlier.  We just like to be on a ship and are planning to try the Icon class so itinerary not important with that as we don't plan on getting off!

We are booked in May on Liberty to Bermuda.

With all the poor reviews, primarily related to being very worn and beat up, now considering change to Norwegian Joy.

Is the poor condition of the ship negatively impacting the rest of the experience?

Thoughts?

We cruise on almost all classes every year. This year Oasis, Anthem, Adventure (almost Liberty) and Enchantment(almost Grandeur which we cruised before).

Enchantment was smaller, but we never felt bored. Pools (solarium and open) are there. Tones of music everywhere. And of course ports were the best (Southern Caribbeans). On Oasis pr Anthem we cruise for the ship, although we will be on longer, better ports cruise on Anthem soon.