Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

Time for my walking so had an opportunity to check out decks 14 and 15 

We have Princess shadowing us and will share Cabo with us.   She got the berth and we will be tendering. 

0C4A817E-B6BA-478E-A37C-EB0078BA26D7.thumb.jpeg.c01b3733cab3227920f750d057d0f1ce.jpeg

First went up to the forward sunbathing area

DAA1A4DE-6CBD-4BA3-871A-39999EC95B30.thumb.jpeg.d5a922b48841f3af52e5cb693dda9e89.jpeg

08ED3231-73D3-4CDC-8A4E-964B78AAD103.thumb.jpeg.56d55067a719b4acb2af1c48d7dd669e.jpeg

5AAF49A1-A2BD-4F15-9173-4B28DB1B6745.thumb.jpeg.3c240ec85b9011146f4ad05c329586a4.jpeg

Sundeck on 16

576D6CA4-1BDC-480E-B4BF-22CBDEF2A13C.thumb.jpeg.a4bfb7681b652f3b2ab80f11ad9ecfa9.jpeg

Lots is nice loungers.   This is the area that was consumed by The Retreat Sundeck.  Can certainly understand the angst that those that lost access to this area. 

79168021-55B8-43C9-B3D4-7251F16FE44E.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Happy to report the Lemon Rarts with the chocolate dot (my favorite) are available in the afternoon   

I got 4 so Iain can have two when he gets up from his nap. 

Psst: I have it on good authority that Iain never reads CC. 

He'll never know if you sneak and eat his. 

• Haha 4

Comment on StarLink.  Still mixed opinion.  I called our daughter.   The call VOIP was choppy.  May have been I was walking laps and being passed between routers. 

last night watching Jeopardy had a bit of buffering.   

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Went to Michael’s club for our light breakfast. 

Menu

0D84635E-C91F-4C44-9E46-BFA0C5A283F3.thumb.jpeg.0139a6c53192fd57aaf6241d966b4ab9.jpeg

I had 2 Almond Croissants, Greek Yogurt, Berries, Cappuccino and an OJ

18CBFD86-6DA8-47A8-A422-65D97A63E172.thumb.jpeg.f46dbbc9f513a24b629280a47e53787b.jpeg

the retreat was empty

EE7AEA8C-6EF5-4561-8C25-C0461085CFB5.thumb.jpeg.31495561e28227ab4f39722741973a07.jpeg

Love the old style Michael’s!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We have Princess shadowing us and will share Cabo with us.   She got the berth and we will be tendering.

Uh, no.  All ships tender in Cabo.  There's no dock big enough there.  So Princess will be tendering as well.

Edited by abbydancer
  • Like 1

Hi Jim. What a lovely surprise to see you and Iain back on the high seas!  I must have been off Cruise Critic for several weeks. We were on a 14 day cruise from NY to Caribbean on Enchanted Princess a few weeks ago - Wi-Fi was terrible - and when I logged in this afternoon, I was delighted to spend time catching up.  Love that itinerary, by the way.

Can’t wait to follow along with you. It’s not only fun but I learn quite a lot from your posts.

Thanks so much. 

Carole

37 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Comment on StarLink.  Still mixed opinion.  I called our daughter.   The call VOIP was choppy.  May have been I was walking laps and being passed between routers. 

last night watching Jeopardy had a bit of buffering.   

I am very curious how you stream live shows. I am have tried to read through but can't figure out it. Can you do a "for an idiot" version of how to do this. I am of the age I watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune every night along with ABC7s and my Golden Girls at bedtime. Would love to figure out how to do this. I don't love the programs available on Celebrity. 

Just saw you are back on board!   Glad to hear you're doing well and hope you both have a great time on this cruise.   We've been on the Silhouette.  Lovely ship but we still like M-Class better.  Heard that they're moving the Summit from Miami to Alaska in Spring 2024 and sailing an S-Class ship from Cape Liberty!  If you have time, could you please check if Celebrity is planning any M-Class ships out of Cape Liberty in 2024 or 2025?  Thanks so much. 

Looking forward to following your cruise.  Your insights and photos are wonderful!   Bon Voyage.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

OK.. I'm about to go down for my after nap cappuccino.   Have to check on the Lemon Tarts.   Yesterday they only had chocolate.

Hope that you enjoyed your nap. We’re just getting up for ours. It was a little too chilly to nap on the balcony even with a blanket. So far we have enjoyed the ship. Still looks very good to us and the crew has been great. Especially in Luminae. 

53 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I’ve read so many posts on pickle ball.  It was amazing there was a line of 20 to play the winner.

I saw that also on our NE/Canada September Summit cruise. Not sure of the number waiting but I was surprised when I was watching others play. Glad to see pickleball being played on the ships. Maybe someday I'll give it a go. 

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I noticed in some of the pics that people are wearing light jackets or long sleeves...some even have lap blankets.  So have to ask, is it chilly on this itinerary?  Not sure what to expect for our early March sailing as I am used to the warm Caribbean weather.

I guess it all depends on each of us.    I was out walking and had a long Sleeve T shirt over a regular T and ha to remove after 2 laps.   Virtually no winds and temps around 60-65. 

I guess if you are sitting and not generation body heat as I was if could be chilly.   I almost came back early to put on my shorts.    I think they come out tomorrow as temps are suppose to be 70-75 for arrival at 2PM in Cabos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abbydancer said:

Uh, no.  All ships tender in Cabo.  There's no dock big enough there.  So Princess will be tendering as well.

Didn't realize that.   I thought that was what was mentioned at the toast.