If your Latitudes level changes during a cruise, do you get the benefits?

sacteach

I have a few cruises booked (Dec 2022, March 2023 and June 2023). At the end of the March cruise, I will have 40 points and be at the "Silver" level. At the end of the June cruise, I'll have 50 points which is "Gold" level - I will earn that status halfway through the cruise. My friend changed levels on a Carnival cruise and he got the new perks from Day 1 of the cruise. Is it similar for NCL or will my Gold perks start on any cruises taken after June 2023?

6 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

No, your points don't get added until after your cruise has been completed.  

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/latitudes-rewards-program

Thanks, I looked in there first, but must have missed it! I was hoping to get double points with my December cruise which would have got me to 45 before the June trip, but they weren't offering that promotion.  Oh well, guess that just means I need to book another cruise to get the benefits from Gold.

Edited by sacteach
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

No you will not because on NCL you don't actually earn the points in your account until the cruise has concluded.

Sorry. 

@All-ready2cruise beat me to it 😁

Makes sense and that's what I thought, but when my friend moved up on Carnival, I figured it was worth a shot... 

1 hour ago, gmbhardy said:

I will move to a different level after the first cruise of a B2B. Will I move up for the second cruise?

In researching it further, I read that if you book them separately, then it will go in effect for the second cruise. But, if you book it as one reservation, it won't. 

3 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

I will move to a different level after the first cruise of a B2B. Will I move up for the second cruise?

As above, yes you will as long as it is two separate reservations.

It won’t necessarily happen automatically though. Speak to the CruiseNext rep on your first leg to make them aware.

We needed 10 points to go platinum when we cruised in November. To our surprise there was an envelope in our cabin with the platinum awards certificate in it which included the 2 speciality dinners, in addition to the two free for sea, an additional bag of laundry and a couple of other things. So maybe it can happen to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fun4Us2013 said:

We needed 10 points to go platinum when we cruised in November. To our surprise there was an envelope in our cabin with the platinum awards certificate in it which included the 2 speciality dinners, in addition to the two free for sea, an additional bag of laundry and a couple of other things. So maybe it can happen to you.

Same for us.  We were 5 away on a 7-day and we were even listed as Platinum on the app even though the points clearly showed us as Gold.  We didn't say a word and just enjoyed the bonus.

5 minutes ago, Sugar0802 said:

Same for us.  We were 5 away on a 7-day and we were even listed as Platinum on the app even though the points clearly showed us as Gold.  We didn't say a word and just enjoyed the bonus.

When the points required to change levels changed many people were grandfathered into the old requirements, so you are one of many who had this happen.

As it is a positive thing there aren’t hundreds of threads on here going on about it.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2022 at 4:47 AM, CptBoatface said:

Come to WA state our teachers make great money 

I actually make good money (I teach in CA and am maxed on the salary schedule), but as someone that travels solo usually, the Haven would cost me double. From what I've seen it would be at least $7000 for a one-week cruise when I can be in a Studio for about $2000 - it's cheaper to do two cruises to get the 10 points than to book the Haven for 10 points. It's just not worth it to me, I probably should have said "as a solo traveler" as opposed to "on a teacher's salary". It was just the implication of "Just book the Haven..." as if that was the easy choice. 

• Like 1