Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

When I was coming back to my room, there was this lady standing right in the middle of a crowd coughing excessively over and over and over again, not even attempting to cover her mouth. It's crazy how some people are so oblivious to the World around them. Like "step right up and breathe in my filth!"... Of course I made my way in the opposite direction as quickly as possible.

I definitely don’t want to go back to wearing masks everywhere but I have noticed my kids getting sick more often now. It is back to the normal cold and flu season and that isn’t good. My kids both had Covid last year and the flu has knocked them out worse. People need keep covering thier mouths and washing thier hands! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I understand that there was quite a kerfuffle over the hours of the ice cream station... I'm telling you, some of the people I've seen could definitely lower their ice cream intake. Carnival could literally be saving lives by closing it.

PXL_20221205_151423982.jpg

I’m on a RCL Facebook group and the machines are only open from 11am - 6pm daily. It could be worse for the ice cream fanatics. 

• Like 1

Guy next to me at the bar (the one with the white card) says "oh, yeah, I've been on over a hundred cruises"... He said mostly Carnival, but all the other ones too. I asked if he's ever been on Virgin Voyages. He says "no, I hate Virgin Voyages. My son went on it for two weeks and he didn't like it"... I told him how awesome it was, but he wasn't buying it. He got all mad and stormed off... I wasn't trying to start anything, but sometimes I stir the pudding without even trying...

• Haha 19

6 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

On our Odyessy cruise in April,  it wasn't even self serve.  🤯

Same on my last RCL cruise but I assumed it would go back to normal as restrictions were lifted. I think it is now just a way to make you buy Ben and Jerry’s!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LindyWebb said:

Following along - Gearing up four our Celebration trip at the end of the month!  Do you have anytime dining? May have missed that earlier -  just wondering when you are booking where you eat dinner.

*For... I have anytime dining, but I might not go to the MDR all week.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

What does a white Carnival card mean? Beyond Platinum? Titanium?...

PXL_20221205_193824311.jpg

Diamond status, but I believe I have also seen white for anyone reaching a milestone.  For instance their 25th 50th cruises with Carnival. Though I think those cards will also state milestone on them?    

• Like 5

Lady and her husband (boyfriend?) comes up to the bar... Nikola asked what they want. She tells him her drink, then the husband (boyfriend?) tells him his order. She says, "no, he wants such and such"... He says "no, I want this"... She says "no, you're getting this"... Apparently she carries his balls around in her purse...

• Like 3
  • Haha 32

Just now, erikb923 said:

Love your trip report! What do you plan to do on St Maarten? Stay on the Dutch side where the boat docks or go to the French side?

At this point I'm just winging it... Whatever the West side of the island is what I've been looking at. Grand Case, Simpson Bay, ECT... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

Or Milestone.

I think it is 50 cruises cause a friend of ours had a white one and he had done 50 ccl cruises

I have a milestone (just being alive) on our Celebration cruise in April I do not know if 25 qualifies for a white card. We will see come April. Long time ago they put a little sticker on your card if 25 or 50 but can't remember.

• Like 2

Just now, vettprincess said:

I think it is 50 cruises cause a friend of ours had a white one and he had done 50 ccl cruises

I have a milestone (just being alive) on our Celebration cruise in April I do not know if 25 qualifies for a white card. We will see come April. Long time ago they put a little sticker on your card if 25 or 50 but can't remember.

Yes it does, I had the white 25 Milestone card in August.

• Like 4