Princess raising prices of plus and premier packages

justafem

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

Where exactly did you see that option on the App.  I just went through my booked cruises (roughly 95 days worth) all of them show current full price, with no other option.  On the 5 previous cruises I have done this year, I have paid full price and gotten the discount in OBC on board.

The AP clearly shows me as elite, both customer service and the medallion support folks say that there is no other option on the ap, only the full price charge, with the discount given as OBC, same as with excursions.

All I can say is when the App showed me pricing, it had the full price with a line through it and  showed below that the discount price which I then purchased.

Why it does this for me and not for you I do not know. What I do know is that when I downloaded the App the App store said there were around 1000 reviews of it and averaged a 1 * rating.

12 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Princess removed the internet purchase from the Cruise Personalizer awhile ago. You now purchase internet through the Medallion App. If you go into the app you should have an option for Medallion Net. This is where you can purchase internet. I just checked on a November 2023 cruise and I’m able to purchase it for the current (lower) price.

Thanks, I'll go see ...

10 hours ago, caribill said:

The full content of the E-mail. (Makes it look like the best thing in the world since the last time they raised the price.) No mention is made of the increase in Internet rates.

Princess Cruise Lines logo
People enjoying Princess Premier benefits, cheersing with cocktails. Our packages are getting even better!

You'll be able to upgrade to the new or
keep the old at the current price

We wanted you to be the first to hear that we're adding brand-new experiences and offerings to our existing packages ❯. What's new:

Logo of Princess Plus

Princess Plus — now $60 per day per guest!

• premium desserts
  • Juice Bar (smoothies and juices)
  • fitness classes
  • free Medallion® device shipping*

Logo of Princess Premier

Princess Premier — now $80 per day per guest!

• premium desserts
  • Juice Bar (smoothies and juices)
  • fitness classes
  • free Medallion device shipping*
  • reserved theater seating
  • Medallion accessory

*Free Medallion device shipping to US residents only.

We'll share more details later, but for now know that you'll be able to keep your current Plus or Premier package at the existing price or upgrade to the new enhanced package. After all, we know you love options!

New packages go on sale starting December 14 and apply to cruises sailing February 20, 2023, and beyond.^

Crew member at Gelato bar smiling.

More for our crew

We're also increasing the daily crew appreciation for all cruises that depart on or after February 20, 2023. Our crew takes great care of you: we want to make sure they're taken care of too! Updated amounts will be:

• - $16 per guest per day for interior, oceanview and balcony staterooms
  • - $17 per guest per day for mini-suites (including Club Class) and cabanas*
  • - $18 per guest per day for suites
  • - applies to all guests in a stateroom, including children

Want to keep the current rates? Pre-pay before December 14

^The new Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages will be subject to full updated terms, conditions, and restrictions, which will be available here ❯ by December 14, 2022 (the terms on such site before the update apply to the original Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages for which you booked). If you would like to upgrade to the new Princess Plus or Princess Premier package for voyages sailing February 20, 2023 and onward, you can visit Cruise Personalizer ❯ after December 14, and pay the difference in price. By upgrading, you must agree to the updated terms, conditions, and restrictions.

Guests have up until 11:59 pm PT December 13, 2022 to pre-pay at current rates. Excludes new programs launching December 13, 2022, at new rates.

Also love how they made it sound like THEY are paying the crew more.  

All wrapped up in a pretty little bow. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ldtr said:

Where exactly did you see that option on the App.  I just went through my booked cruises (roughly 95 days worth) all of them show current full price, with no other option.  On the 5 previous cruises I have done this year, I have paid full price and gotten the discount in OBC on board.

The AP clearly shows me as elite, both customer service and the medallion support folks say that there is no other option on the ap, only the full price charge, with the discount given as OBC, same as with excursions.

It shows the discount in the App. this is how  I learned that my status was incorrect on the App. 
My Mom is Elite as well and as explained above hers shows the Elute discount directly in the  App. The displayed  price includes  a note about being Elite with a discounted price to purchase no OBC reimbursement needed. 

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1

The new packages are ridiculous and yesterday's email was misleading.  Princess must think all their customers are dumb. Yes indeed, give me a crappy dessert to make up for the lousy wine in the beverage package, that is a totally fair trade off.  How about they ask people what they want and give options to upgrade the packages with components that are important to the individual customer?  It's irritating that you can't upgrade the beverage package w/o adding the pictures, two dinners, etc...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, edspec said:

The new packages are ridiculous and yesterday's email was misleading.  Princess must think all their customers are dumb. Yes indeed, give me a crappy dessert to make up for the lousy wine in the beverage package, that is a totally fair trade off.  How about they ask people what they want and give options to upgrade the packages with components that are important to the individual customer?  It's irritating that you can't upgrade the beverage package w/o adding the pictures, two dinners, etc...

Best. Sale. Ever. was indeed the best sale ever.  You could pick the perks - drinks, grats, wifi in any combination.  I 'believe' that 'status' still got you wifi minutes back in that day, as we just did BEST2DG.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Asking for a friend...right:

I am also confused.

We'll share more details later, but for now know that you'll be able to keep your current Plus or Premier package at the existing price or upgrade to the new enhanced package. After all, we know you love options!

Later does no one any good.  Does the wording mean that your old plan will not include those wonderful extras (desserts/classes/etc)?

That is how I read it; keep the current pricing with current perks or pay the extra to top it off with the new deserts and classes 🙂

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, jwattle said:

That is how I read it; keep the current pricing with current perks or pay the extra to top it off with the new deserts and classes 🙂

mailing medallions 'before' was not a "perk" - Plus or not ... - so if we do not upgrade to the "new" PLUS, ( booked under 'old PLUS') - will we have to pay to have medallions shipped??

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

mailing medallions 'before' was not a "perk" - Plus or not ... - so if we do not upgrade to the "new" PLUS, ( booked under 'old PLUS') - will we have to pay to have medallions shipped??

Based on what I read, yes, no package=you pay for medallion to ship. I don't want to pay extra. In fact, I prefer to just pick up at the port, pay or not!  One less thing to lose or stuff in my already overstuffed purse for the flight, or Bart ride over to the port

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I must be "old".....really am...lol.....but for us  we just like the basic cruise price and pay for what we really want......in this day and age $$$$ are easy to blow and easy to save if you are savvy ......for both of us an extra $60  USA a day times 2... or 81 CAN times 2..is a silly waste of money.....but we are "light" drinkers..... a beer with lunch and one with dinner.....for me anyways....my wife a glass of wine.... and desserts are free in the buffet or dining room...why pay for a "special one"...heck they are all special as we do not make them....lol......

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Looks like they are trying to sell the sizzle without the steak.  I sometimes add the plus when the overall cost including the price of the cruise makes sense.  I'll really have to put the pencil to it now that ala cart is looking better.  I usually have a couple or three drinks a day and couldn't care less about wifi, fancy desserts, or specialty dining.  I can trade out my mini bar setup for chi chi coffees if I want to. Yes sir, ala cart is looking better.

Somebody let the kids sit at the big table on this one.

• Like 4

On 12/4/2022 at 4:00 AM, peterhof said:

Does that mean bookings made BEFORE December 14th don’t receive the extras and get the Aug 2022 drinks package beverage menu? Lot of extra work for crew and admin if that’s their plan

This is what I received from Princess via email.

image.thumb.jpeg.865afb9f8b3d13d57aa90d7255d7d738.jpeg

17 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

It shows the discount in the App. this is how  I learned that my status was incorrect on the App. 
My Mom is Elite as well and as explained above hers shows the Elute discount directly in the  App. The displayed  price includes  a note about being Elite with a discounted price to purchase no OBC reimbursement needed. 

Have you been able to get the status issue corrected?  I have found that in my case their seems to be some data that is not transferring correctly from the Princess system and the app. Such that the app works quite well for most things, but if a cruise is claimed and linked to my account on the app, it cannot be accessed on the web version. Instead it generates an error about booking already being claimed. Almost as if the system thinks that there are 2 different accounts. Even though both systems are logged into with the same information. That appears to be impacting the system not recognizing status during purchase of the internet products.

Going to work on it some more tomorrow.

Edited by ldtr

13 hours ago, voljeep said:

If you have already ordered the medallions, there will be no shipping charge.

If you have not ordered the medallions yet, there will be a shipping charge if you do not order soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, caribill said:

If you have not ordered the medallions yet, there will be a shipping charge if you do not order soon.

Thanks. I didn't think about future shipping until now. 

6 hours ago, ldtr said:

Have you been able to get the status issue corrected?  I have found that in my case their seems to be some data that is not transferring correctly from the Princess system and the app. Such that the app works quite well for most things, but if a cruise is claimed and linked to my account on the app, it cannot be accessed on the web version. Instead it generates an error about booking already being claimed. Almost as if the system thinks that there are 2 different accounts. Even though both systems are logged into with the same information. That appears to be impacting the system not recognizing status during purchase of the internet products.

Funny that you say this, while making a new booking yesterday I was told that it looks like I have 2 accounts. I am unsure how that happened, has to be an error on Princess. They opened a ticket to try and correct my App issue and match it to the web version, takes 3-5 days to get someone to resolve it.

Edited by Jadn13

18 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Funny that you say this, while making a new booking yesterday I was told that it looks like I have 2 accounts. I am unsure how that happened, has to be an error on Princess. They opened a ticket to try and correct my App issue and match it to the web version, takes 3-5 days to get someone to resolve it.

I called to get mine fixed also. They told me it would take 4-5 days to fix. It has now been a week and a half. I guess another phone call is in order. 

3 hours ago, caribill said:

If you have already ordered the medallions, there will be no shipping charge.

My guess is Princess got tired of paying the shipping cost per medallion from China.  More cost effective to get them in bulk and let those who want them earlier than boarding day pay the extra.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mfanderso said:

I called to get mine fixed also. They told me it would take 4-5 days to fix. It has now been a week and a half. I guess another phone call is in order. 

Ugh! I was hoping to purchase internet for a 20 day cruise before the price change which I need the App to do.

🤞🏻 

Hopefully  yours  is sorted soon 

7 hours ago, ldtr said:

Currently, the web version has updated my account with a new captains circle number 0 cruises and $0 FCD. 

I leave Friday for a cruise so hopefully this doesn’t effect discounts in the shops or excursions. I’m calling Princess when they open but doubt it will be fixed since everything requires ticket creation

47 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Currently, the web version has updated my account with a new captains circle number 0 cruises and $0 FCD. 

I leave Friday for a cruise so hopefully this doesn’t effect discounts in the shops or excursions. I’m calling Princess when they open but doubt it will be fixed since everything requires ticket creation

I suspect that when our medallion accounts were first created there was an issue with getting  our captain circle numbers so the app just created a new

one. No real problem in those days. Nothing that really showed up. Since there is a number, it will not access the correct one. Thus the 2 accounts the one the  app uses and the one the princess web version uses. This is just speculation based upon how the system is working or not working but my hypothesis matches what you were told.

4 minutes ago, ldtr said:

I suspect that when our medallion accounts were first created there was an issue with getting  our captain circle numbers so the app just created a new

one. No real problem in those days. Nothing that really showed up. Since there is a number, it will not access the correct one. Thus the 2 accounts the one the  app uses and the one the princess web version uses. This is just speculation based upon how the system is working or not working but my hypothesis matches what you were told.

I just got off the phone, someone from Princess went into my personalizer and made an update and misspelled my last name which caused a second account to be created. The misspelling was fixed and the new account will be deleted. 

The web personalizer is back to normal but the App is still wrong. I leave Friday so I’m not messing with it until after that. 

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

If not fixed pre-cruise, ask the on board Captain's Circle rep to help straighten it out.

• Like 1