Did Anyone Else Receive a Cunard Survey?

LibertyBella

Just now, LibertyBella said:

The Cunard survey was asking me about my vacation interests and plans.  The cruise questions included dress, meals, costs, and activities.  Hmmm...I wonder what they are planning?

I have received similar ones from time to time. I’m not sure they are planning anything in particular, they probably just like to know they are on the right track. I haven’t had one in the last few months.

• Like 1

Got one this morning.  

What took my interest  . They asked about dress code in about 4 different ways. Also about all inclusive  in various ways.

Depending upon the answers they get ,  could be excuse for casual all inclusive  booze cruises.

Or if they listen to me , more formal nights and not all inclusive. 

• Like 2

It would not be unreasonable to presume that Cunard may try to satisfy whichever opinions they get as the majority view.  Who knows how many they have sent out - yes I had one too - but my humble opinion and responses will count as only one opinion of the possibly many thousand that they sent out. I also noted that the survey was designed for auto-analysis.  So Cunard will get percentages of each answer - if there is a high percentage of respondents saying that they like formal dress and Gala nights, then they will likely do more of that, but on the other hand if the majority opinion is for casual dress and not Gala nights then we may see such things being weakened.  Many more passengers will likely be respondents to the survey than who post on this forum, and it is that data that Cunard will likely formulate their policy around for planning how they manage future cruises.

We love the more formal dress and Gala nights - so what happens in 2024 may well depend on the answers they get to this survey.

Edited by ballroom-cruisers
typo
  • Like 1

Mrs Bear and I received a survey email in November, time stamped about disembarkation time from our last sailing.

Today's email had links to a survey [with a prize drawing for completion] and a note of another survey to come.

We will sit down after dinner to review and answer the current survey.

I got mine too but sad to report I'm going the other way.  I used to like to dress up but now I look at it as a packing problem.  On our crossing in October, we went to one formal and skipped the rest.  I just don't enjoy it like I used to.   I hope there's a happy medium so they can attract new customers without turning off their older base.

• Like 4

Yes I too got one this morning which was surprising since the feedback on my last cruise in September was poor.

I'm not sure what they do with the answers or whether they just ignore the results and carry on regardless but to me there is a slow walking back of the traditional aspects of a Cunard cruise, which is disappointing. I do worry when I see questions about asking if I want to pay extra for comfort and service. I am happy to pay extra for a QG suite but the retreat type concept on so many other cruise ships is somemething that I would not want to see on a Cunarder. I like that The whole ship is open to me whatever grade (except the grills and grill lounge which is perfectly fine).  The wording of many of the questions makes me thing they are considering going down the route of paying extra fees for more things, so more things like the Verandah grills.  I just hope I am wrong. 

• Like 2

@richard_london pay extra for “comfort and service” ?! I would hope that is part of every cruise for everyone. Comfort? Well, maybe a bed with no mattress or cold water only in the shower. Service. Come to think of it on Celebrity this summer we could elect to only have the room serviced once per day rather than twice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, techteach said:

@richard_london pay extra for “comfort and service” ?! I would hope that is part of every cruise for everyone. Comfort? Well, maybe a bed with no mattress or cold water only in the shower. Service. Come to think of it on Celebrity this summer we could elect to only have the room serviced once per day rather than twice.

I sail with Cunard and no one else because for the experience and the standard of comfort and service.  If they are going to start adding extra charges on top of the cruise price for additional things (which is the route P&O has followed) I would have to think again. So many of the questions were about whether I liked the formal evenings as has been pointed out above. I just fear a slow watering down of the Cunard experience and more additional costs on your cruise statement at the end of the voyage.

• Like 3

At the end of the day if the Cunard experience is what we like then we will book future cruises, but if the experience is no longer what we like or want then we will go elsewhere. Everyone has a free choice about the available options they are happy to accept as a holiday and also remain happy to pay the price. If it isn't what people want then bookings will go down. It's also possible the character of Cunard cruises will change and with it the kind of people who will be the future customers.

Edited by ballroom-cruisers
typo
  • Like 1

Yes, we also received the survey and took the time to complete it simply to stress our preference for formal nights and traditional dining. If this matters to you please complete the survey. Who knows, it may make a difference (but doubt it).

• Like 1

I also received and completed the survey, emphasizing formality and defined dining times - about 50/50 on all inclusive because of the question wording. However, I have no expectations as to Cunard doing what I want, regardless of survey results, if their market research says they can sell more cabins without those things I prefer. 

• Like 1

Filled out my survey and pushed formal nights and timed dining, I am not into the anytime dining of the Club, or Grills. I did also push the all inclusive having been on many all inclusive cruises and holidays in the past and have yet to find anyone drink to excess. No different to the purchase of the drinks package really, just added to your bill 😅

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Got one this morning.  

What took my interest  . They asked about dress code in about 4 different ways. Also about all inclusive  in various ways.

Depending upon the answers they get ,  could be excuse for casual all inclusive  booze cruises.

Or if they listen to me , more formal nights and not all inclusive. 

Exactly the same responses from me, Windsurfboy!

4 hours ago, ExArkie said:

I also received and completed the survey, emphasizing formality and defined dining times - about 50/50 on all inclusive because of the question wording. However, I have no expectations as to Cunard doing what I want, regardless of survey results, if their market research says they can sell more cabins without those things I prefer. 

Isn’t their survey market research?

The survey I received was all multiple choice - 'pick up to 5' for some categories. 

There should be an additional survey - the email contained :

"During the next few days you'll receive an email invitation to take part in another survey about future Cunard voyages and destinations." 

• Like 1