Mardi Gras Pig and Anchor for dinner

RoperDK

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Does it still have the daily specials?  Thought I read somewhere that they are now gone and there is a new dinner menu.  If so, does anyone have a copy of the new menu items? Thanks! 

NO they have a new menu which I see someone else has posted below. This menu does not change nor are they offering the daily specials now. If you order the Fundertots make sure you realize it’s a very small portion although tasty! Also note the ribs are no longer free and have an added charge as does one of the desserts. We just got off the ship Saturday, 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

I'm reading that too.

One of the more recent Mardi Gras reviews here had a copy of the menu along with pictures.   didn't spark any salivating.

Definetly agree with you on this. The Mac n cheese has changed and is no longer the smoked version they had earlier this year and very basic. The beans were lacking flavor. The pulled pork was quite tasty but not much else. The desserts we tried were blah. The apple dessert was canned apples with a few crumbs on top of it. We only are dinner there once. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UpstateCruizer said:

Definetly agree with you on this. The Mac n cheese has changed and is no longer the smoked version they had earlier this year and very basic. The beans were lacking flavor. The pulled pork was quite tasty but not much else. The desserts we tried were blah. The apple dessert was canned apples with a few crumbs on top of it. We only are dinner there once. 

We were there in August... at there once and feel we never have to again.  Food was average at best and service was very slow.  It was out least favorite restaurant by far although we never had dinner in the MDR.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

That's really a shame. last April during our B2B we ate there three times and loved it. Don't think we'll eat there three times on the Celebration.

That's why I didn't eat there. With the daily specials I was going to go once or twice. With the same menu as Panorama...not at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were once-and-done on the Mardi Gras in October 2021.  Some of our items were mis-plated, and my friend John's ribs were so burnt you couldn't stick a fork into them.  The host came over, saw them, and took a photo of them so he could shame the chef.  😮   

MY food was okay and was plated correctly, but we went back to eating dinner at the MDR and the Cucina after that experience.  

The place can also be pretty loud with a band performing there.  We opted to sit over on the Hero's Lounge side to avoid the loud horns, which might have thrown things off a bit.  

Edited by Pellaz
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Can you order more than 3 meats at one time?

You can always ask but they may have you fill out a new slip. I asked if they had a smaller sized Fundertots so our table could “sample” them. The girl was hesitant but then handed me a new slip to circle them on. I’m guessing they aren’t supposed to allow it.  

The daily specials are gone and that was truly the highlight of the place.  It is a great concept but the execution simply misses the mark if you compare it to the many BBQ restaurants at home.  The last time we went the portion size of the sides was down to what I would consider a condiment container.  It was truly 2 bites of each.  We wrote it off for dinner unless something changes and I hate to say they because that concept is as exciting for me as Guy's and Shaq's.

The "old" sea day BBQs were great.  Wasn't Skylight Inn or Haywood Smokehouse or even Arthurs or Gates, but decent meats and generous portions.  P&A is just another example of why Guy's things on land seem to fail.  Maybe they need to serve Hawaiian Bread.🙃

• Haha 1

We had it one night back in April.  It was the first night and I had the filet and my wife had different meats.  We were not impressed. The filet was okay, but nothing to brag about and we've had much better barbecue.  We had planned to go another night, but didn't.  Definitely won't go back with this new menu.

8 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We actually like the free lunch buffet on sea days.  Has that changed, too?  At least you could have them plate you a regular side serving size! 😁

It hasn't changed appreciably that I've seen (MG in Oct. 2021; Horizon in Oct. 2022).  Same options as they've had in the past.  I like the pulled pork butt and the beef brisket the best.      Note that it IS open for lunch on embark day as well as on sea days; something which a lot of people seem to overlook.  

• Thanks 1