Less and Less for Mariners

jhannah

10 hours ago, Dallas Glenn said:

Do you have to be a certain Mariner level to get the tiles?

9 hours ago, KroozNut said:

No

Didn’t it used to be that you had to be a “Mariner” ( meaning had sailed previously with HAL or another CCL brand) to be invited to the luncheon? And the tiles were given at the luncheon.

I remember asking what tiles people were talking about when I first came to CC and we had only sailed once.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Aitchgeye said:

Hey fellow HA cruisers,

Just wondering, do any of you have any creative/practical ideas on how to use the tiles?

Someone posted a picture of a tray table fitted with the tiles. 

I use them as coasters outdoors. I have one box with tiles and the little rubber drink/bug off umbrellas in another box.

There was a very nice late morning party for the 5 Star and Presidents Club Mariners on the Koningsdam California Coast cruise last month.  Everyone had a photo taken with Capt. Draper and the Hotel Manager...appreciated touch!

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Didn’t it used to be that you had to be a “Mariner” ( meaning had sailed previously with HAL or another CCL brand) to be invited to the luncheon? And the tiles were given at the luncheon.

I remember asking what tiles people were talking about when I first came to CC and we had only sailed once.

Yes, this is how I remember it also. 

• Like 1

@jhannah, I'm sorry to hear HAL is treating you this way.  I remember you from a wine tasting party in our PS many years ago, and even then your enthusiasm for the HAL brand was obvious!  I'd be upset, too, if they had promised to send me tiles (repeatedly) then abruptly changed their tune and told me to just get them on board my next cruise.

I get that the tiles may not be a big deal to some people.  But to others it is, and it doesn't seem like it would be that hard for HAL to grab a couple of tiles from their inventory and send them to a loyal brand ambassador like you even if they're not able to do it for everyone.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 2:02 AM, Aitchgeye said:

Hey fellow HA cruisers,

Just wondering, do any of you have any creative/practical ideas on how to use the tiles?

On 12/7/2022 at 9:05 AM, Seasick Sailor said:

Someone posted a picture of a tray table fitted with the tiles. 

I use them as coasters outdoors. I have one box with tiles and the little rubber drink/bug off umbrellas in another box.

I made the serving tray - and have enough tiles to make several more, but don't have room to store many more trays!

1101616233_HALServingTray.thumb.JPG.2ec23a01080269748e18eeb0c55b5931.JPG

@jhannahI agree, there does seem to be less and less for mariners.  We weren't invited to a mariner's lunch while on our last TA in November, but only learned there was one when someone mentioned they had received their latest medallion.  There are cutbacks everywhere; we were in a Signature Suite and you no longer get even the teeny little flower vase on the table, nor do you have personalized stationery.  When we dialed for the phone concierge, it rang through to the front desk.  It won't stop us from cruising HAL, but it will lower our expectations for the next one.

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 5