Jubilee: Delivery Delayed, Sailings Cancelled

talkorpi

The email from Carnival doesn’t specifically say what the 25% FCC is based on. The email does say that all monies paid so far will be totally refunded including the deposit..even for Early Saver.  I’ve paid the deposit plus made equal monthly payments to the tune of about $1600.  I’m presuming the 25% FCC is based on the cruise fare only…not port fees and taxes. 
They are giving a $100 OBC for the inconvenience…..are they giving another $100 OBC for booking a future cruise by Feb 2023?  Shucks, when my cruise was cancelled in 2020…we got $600 OBC….that was nice!  Will Carnival inform us of the amount of the FCC, or does the travel agent do that?

Guess I’ll just have to wait for Carnival or my ta to inform me of amounts.

1 hour ago, ladysail2 said:

The email from Carnival doesn’t specifically say what the 25% FCC is based on. The email does say that all monies paid so far will be totally refunded including the deposit..even for Early Saver.  I’ve paid the deposit plus made equal monthly payments to the tune of about $1600.  I’m presuming the 25% FCC is based on the cruise fare only…not port fees and taxes. 
They are giving a $100 OBC for the inconvenience…..are they giving another $100 OBC for booking a future cruise by Feb 2023?  Shucks, when my cruise was cancelled in 2020…we got $600 OBC….that was nice!  Will Carnival inform us of the amount of the FCC, or does the travel agent do that?

Guess I’ll just have to wait for Carnival or my ta to inform me of amounts.

According to my PVP we are only getting $25 each as FCC ! Not nearly enough to offset the increase in pricing!

3 minutes ago, cruisingnana said:

So it must be based on what has been deposited. 

I hope your PVP is in error as that's a major slap in the face.

From my experiences with these kinds of things it is usually based on what ladysail2 said. Your cruise fare minus the govt taxes and fees.

Hope your PVP was wrong.

17 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

That sucks. It sucks for the people who have been cancelled, and it also sucks because the first voyage isn’t a unique one. 

I don't know, a Christmas cruise is pretty unique for an inaugural IMO. That's like a double benefit and is pretty sick IMO. I'd be pumped for that!  

We are booked 1/6/24 which I thought was going to be a good balance of brand new & working the kinks out. Now I am hoping that we won't get canceled with another delay and that a chunk of the the kinks will be worked out within the first two cruises. 

Just booked a new cruise today and found out how the 25% FCC works. It's 25% off the total (not including taxes and port fees) of whatever your base cruise fare for the cancelled cruise was no matter how much you had already paid on it. I had only paid my deposit so far for my cancelled Jubilee cruise but was credited with $350 towards the new cruise I booked today. My refund hadn't been processed yet so my PVP was able to roll it over to cover my new deposit, so I paid nothing today. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, xkritter said:

For those with cancelled sailings...are they still showing in your cruise planner? Mine is still there with excursions for sale, etc.

Yes, still there with everything for sale. I asked when they were going to officially cancel it so I can get my refund. I was told "soon." Since we booked it on a great deal $100pp balcony Jackpot deal we will only get $50obc so just want my refund.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:54 AM, talkorpi said:

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2022/12/new-carnival-jubilee-delivery-delayed/

Well this stinks.

Delivery delayed to Dec. 2023.  First six cruises cancelled (TA + first 5 Western Caribbean), will now sail directly from Germany to Galveston w/o PAX, maiden voyage will be a regular 7-day Caribbean from Galveston departing Dec. 23.

the only good thing is most likely very low chance of any hurricanes in Dec from TX.

still I feel bad for folks but every cruise line it seems has delays on early sailings of a new ship.

On 12/16/2022 at 4:25 AM, xkritter said:

For those with cancelled sailings...are they still showing in your cruise planner? Mine is still there with excursions for sale, etc.

Mine was still showing until I booked my next cruise a couple of days ago. My PVP canceled it so he could apply my Jubilee deposit to the new cruise.