B2B pack yourself up, is this new?

firefly333

I'd asked my cabin steward and in the past they would say leave stuff on hangers, we will move everything. This time he said pack yourself up, I'm going on vacation  but will see your suitcase gets moved.

I thought his wording was because he was leaving the ship on vacation but just got my b2b letter. It clearly says please have your luggage packed and ready before 9 am.

I havent changed cabins since May, so may just not know new protocols but in may leave your hanging stuff, and they moved it.

Here is a camera shot of the b2b letter telling me to pack my luggage. I'm packed light so np, just surprised. 

I was talking to a cabin steward and they are already aware of the new policy coming service to your cabin once a day. Better than raising tips again so soon. 

20221209_202635.jpg

Edited by firefly333

I have moved cabins between cruises 3 times in 2022 (different ships, all suites) and I have never been told I could leave my hanging clothes on the racks. I have only heard that mentioned here. I was wondering why I wasn’t being offered that service. It would be nice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is the first I heard of them not moving items on hangars.   I would ask the Loyalty Ambassador or DL Concierge to see what they say.

I have found that the loyalty ambassador and DL concierge are useless. It seems that everytime I ask for a simple request they can't deliver. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On Wonder  of the the Seas in May we changed cabins  3 times and packed suit cases every time as instructed. 

Moving to the third  cabin, we had to transfer  our own cases  from the second  cabin.

Edited by sowhat

We were on the Brilliance in May on a B2B and moved cabins, but they moved our suitcases and all of our hanging items.  We were on the Grandeur in September on a B3B and they thought we were going to be changing rooms, we came back after checking out and back in and all of our stuff had been moved and stacked.  They cracked my iPad screen.  

Just now, ScubaCat3 said:

I have moved cabins between cruises 3 times in 2022 (different ships, all suites) and I have never been told I could leave my hanging clothes on the racks. I have only heard that mentioned here. I was wondering why I wasn’t being offered that service. It would be nice. 

We followed the letter not what we heard out here.  Plus the stewards are under major deadlne pressure that morning to clean all the cabins by 130.  

Just now, PhillyFan33579 said:

Sort of surprised that a lot of experienced cruisers would do a B2B without having the same cabin booked for both (or more) cruises. Having the same cabin is my first rule when booking a B2B. 

Having the same cabin is harder booking last minute, GTY fares or if RoyalUp is involved.  I do a lot of sniffing around in last minute, off season departures.  On the other hand, not going home is worth it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtSeaAlways said:

Having the same cabin is harder booking last minute, GTY fares or if RoyalUp is involved.  I do a lot of sniffing around in last minute, off season departures.  On the other hand, not going home is worth it.  

Good point. I usually book cruises at least a year in advance. From my experience this allows me to get the cabin type/location I want and with few exceptions, the lowest price for the cruise. 

Just now, PhillyFan33579 said:

Good point. I usually book cruises at least a year in advance. From my experience this allows me to get the cabin type/location I want and with few exceptions, the lowest price for the cruise. 

I usually shop when the  "Brochure Fares" on some lines come down say 120 days out.  But the off season deal fares (say early December- New Orleans) are out a year in advance?  I suppose the lines are aware it is not a great week?  

Edited by AtSeaAlways

30 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Sort of surprised that a lot of experienced cruisers would do a B2B without having the same cabin booked for both (or more) cruises. Having the same cabin is my first rule when booking a B2B. 

Booking the same cabin is absolutely the goal. In my three examples the first was a nice Royal Up offer for week 2, the second was a late booking and the third was when the second week of a B2B was cancelled by Royal and I had to scramble to book the prior week cruise to maintain my B2B. Sometimes you book the same cabin and have it pulled out from under you!

Edited by ScubaCat3
  • Like 1

I suspect that there really isn't a formal cruise line-wide "policy" on how B2B passengers' belongings are moved.  Or if there is, it probably is that passengers should pack their belongings back into the suitcases prior to movement.  

However, I think GOOD stewards will do as they usually do and try to go above and beyond to satisfy their customers.  So they offer to do whatever they can to help with the movement.  So they offer to move the clothes on hangers some (most?) of the time.  When I was in this situation, I actually preferred my belongings to be in the suitcase rather than on hangers going down the hall to my second room.  So when my steward offered to move them for me, I told him not to worry, I'd take care of it myself by putting them in my luggage.  And then he could move my suitcases when he was ready. 

That's just my theory.

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Well blame john and lala. It was on my bucket list to have the very end boardwalk cabin and I booked the day it came open for allure feb 27 2023 I think and dec 11 2022. John decided let's cruise together and call it the fans of Bella cruise. March 12 on oasis. This happened a while later so I decided to move feb 27 2023 to the week before but of course the end of boardwalk deck 10 cabin was taken. 

As it turned out double pts were extended to the end of dec so I'm getting double pts but  moving cabins.

Sometimes there are reasons. I still want to try the very last boardwalk cabin next week. I wasnt willing to give it up. 

The last place I want to see is the Panama locks, and booked radiance OTS to colon Panama and carnival 14 day dream and have to take a excursion.  Rcls excursions to see the locks dont focus as much as I've seen before, and I really am not ready to go thru the whole locks. Not while my parents are alive. I want to be able to fly home fast if I need to. 

And the cabin next week was a bucket list item. ... I know some would say no biggie. Might be a nothing burger but I love seeing the aft. So tomorrow I plan on walking myself down the hall and putting my suitcase in the closet out of the way with a note. I was just surprised how it was worded. I already talked to new steward and he knows I'm moving it down. 

Stewards are under pressure I agree.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

We didn't have to on the Anthem on our B2B2B this Spring. Only time we've been asked to do this was pre Covid when there were over 300 doing the B2B

Actually I think last b2b they had that many. Some are getting off that been on since allure came in, but we have a lot of b2b. Never seen this many pinnacles. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I suspect that there really isn't a formal cruise line-wide "policy" on how B2B passengers' belongings are moved.  Or if there is, it probably is that passengers should pack their belongings back into the suitcases prior to movement.  

However, I think GOOD stewards will do as they usually do and try to go above and beyond to satisfy their customers.  So they offer to do whatever they can to help with the movement.  So they offer to move the clothes on hangers some (most?) of the time.  When I was in this situation, I actually preferred my belongings to be in the suitcase rather than on hangers going down the hall to my second room.  So when my steward offered to move them for me, I told him not to worry, I'd take care of it myself by putting them in my luggage.  And then he could move my suitcases when he was ready. 

That's just my theory.

Just changed cabins this morning on a Symphony B2B. As usual, we packed all but clothing on hangers - which was a bunch. Our bags and hanging items were in the new cabin when we returned to the ship after processing and back on. This has been the process for us for many years of many B2Bs where we changed cabins. And yes, it's so nice if you can keep the same cabin.

14 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Did you ever think some might want to try a new cabin? Booking the same cabin is the easy way out. 

On our last two B2B cruises where we had to change cabins, we did this.  A day or two before turnaround we spoke with our current cabin steward and our new cabin steward.  We asked our current cabin steward if he/she was okay with us staying in the cabin a little later. We then asked the new cabin steward if they could turn over the new cabin earlier in their cleaning rotation (I tipped both as well).  We then found it easier to just move our stuff and get fully unpacked before we even had to do the off/on ship formalities, and had the rest of the day for the consecutive cruiser lunch and empty pool time. 

• Like 3

We  had 6 back to back this   year and only two required the change. One was only 3 cabins down and same attendant on both cabins   but other on another deck. Have seen when  a distance is required   most have moved hanging  items  by using the chrome clothes cart  like many hotels. Most attendants gladly grab up hanging items then wisk the cart down the corridor to the crew elevators and to the next cabin. Have seen many times silk type blouses and other items  that. easily slide off hangers laying in corridors. We ordered basis thin white plastic suit zip bags , I think 12 for $10.00 on amazon. On move day  use two or three for all hanging items , all items out of site ,secure from  dropping off cart. The plastic bags come in handy for  placing between items for wrinkles in suit case .  Bob & Nancy

Edited by villager70
  • Like 2

B2B are supposed to meet at 9 am.

Early imo as debark wasnt scheduled until 8 am thru 10:40.

I think boarding pushed back today too as last sunday I had a 10 am boarding time. Changing captains. Maybe some other reason but today everything is running later than I'm used to. 

I doubt there is any reason to run down there at 9 am except to grab a chair. I talked to people getting off at 10 .. a hour later than we are supposed to meet for b2b. Havent heard anything about a b2b lunch either. ..except a pinnacle told me there will be one.