An 'important' question from my 7 year old - Grand Princess

My 7 year old is very keen to know if we will be able to order Escargot Bourbignon on the upcoming cruise.  Has it been on the menu this season on grand at all?  Kids are very keen on trying new things, and for the 7 y.o., that is top of the list 😅

• Haha 1

Ahh, a man of taste.

Take him on Celebrity.  Escargot are on the every day menu,  as far as I know.

A great excuse to mop up garlic butter.

(The photos are from our local French bistro)

20220922_203333.jpg

20220922_202039.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RobinBancs said:

That's a very impressive looking plate of snails!

I wouldn't say he has taste when he turns down any form of potato that hasn't been fried 😆

Oh, I do baby potatoes, boiled, halved, then scoop out some of the potato, put an escargot inside, too with herb and garlic butter and baked under the grill...

• Like 2

I remember a French restaurant in Bangkok where they had FauxScargot. 

Bits of braised beef instead of the snails. 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Goes to show that the garlic butter is the important thing 

2 hours ago, buchhalm said:

Oh, I do baby potatoes, boiled, halved, then scoop out some of the potato, put an escargot inside, too with herb and garlic butter and baked under the grill...

Oh yum! That would be delicious. I must try that.

40 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I had them on Coral princess twice in August. I thought they were better than Royal caribbeans snails.

No mushrooms in mine. Both times on 2nd formal night.

They started adding the mushrooms in September. The ones we had on our June cruise were lovely, and the first lot we had in September were yummy too. The next time I thought I tasted mushrooms but they were still quite subtle. However the time after that there was a very strong mushroom flavour so I stopped having them from then on.

38 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

I remember a French restaurant in Bangkok where they had FauxScargot. 

Bits of braised beef instead of the snails. 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Goes to show that the garlic butter is the important thing 

It certainly is. Actually if Princess had put more garlic in the mushroom escargots they wouldn't have been too bad but the mushroom flavour overpowered whatever garlic there was. 

On 12/10/2022 at 7:40 PM, Tripmode33 said:

Second formal night on Grand coming up in 2 days.  Will report back. I'm looking forward to them too.

Recently had them on Carnival Luminosa, but not up to standard of Princess pre-covid. I hope their standard hasn't dropped.

We'll, we had the promised escargot. Excellent as usual. Enough garlic oil that we couldn't taste mushroom (by the way we love mushroom).

Strangely though, we expected it on formal night (second formal of cruise) but the traditional formal menu was offered on the night before second formal. This also happened on recent Majestic cruise.  Escargot, beef Wellington, etc. night before formal. Ordinary menu formal night!  

We asked 'white Coat' if Lobster ever served in MDR and he said ':Alas, No!' but we've substituted giant grilled prawns . And I must say, we probably enjoyed the prawns more than lobster.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

Alas, No!' but we've substituted giant grilled prawns . And I must say, we probably enjoyed the prawns more than lobster.

Must agree - if you have eaten Tasmanian lobster, it hard to find another that compares 🦞

But Aussie prawns are just the best 👍

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Must agree - if you have eaten Tasmanian lobster, it hard to find another that compares 🦞

I’ll take either, been eating a lot of prawns lately, seem to be a good supply and price is pretty good too at the moment, can’t say I have seen good lobster at a good price so far this year,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

NZ crayfish (rock lobster) is a tad better IMHO but Tassie  or Bass Strait crays are my favourite Australian choice.

• Like 1