Upgrading Internet pricing?

lvmypug

Several factors are involved. Are you a Captains Club member that would get you some discount as a loyalty benefit? And Are you wanting to do this ahead of the cruise or wait until you’re on the cruise?  Have you looked at your cruise planner to see what price they are quoting for you for your cruise?

The price to upgrade is the difference between the cost of the packages less any Captains. club discount you may be eligible for.  Wi-fi is discounted n the Cruise Planner so if you upgrade pre cruise it is slightly less expensive however you must call to upgrade and get the discount.

42 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I went into the cruise planner to upgrade internet on an upcoming Solstice TA sailing.  It stated the cost was $9.99 per package, not per day, so I jumped on it.  I'm sure it was an IT mistake, but I'm going to hold them to it.

I found that in my CP as well.
Was charged $20 per package per person.

22 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you read the full description below it say $9.99 per day.  Like you, I originally thought it was for the entire cruise but upon reading further it is per day, which is $5 per day less expensive.  

E03218F5-4840-49FE-ADB8-7E282F7FA07B.thumb.jpeg.99fe774b9e58dfbbe205d07970448692.jpeg

I hear you, but when I upgraded I got charged from Celebrity for $19.98 for the two of us.  The voucher didn't specify per day or which day.  It didn't charge me $9.99 X 17 days.  If they don't change anything between now and the time I get on board, I'll fight it out with them then.

• Like 1

I was very recently on the Edge, premium wifi was included in my fare.  I'd NOT pay for it going forward if I were to cruise with Celebrity again.  There was nothing premium about it, other passengers with basic, seemed to have just about seem level of speed as we did, which was spotty at best.  Now I also have to say, I did not use internet often.  Perhaps Starlink will be the game changer.

45 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you read the full description below it say $9.99 per day.  Like you, I originally thought it was for the entire cruise but upon reading further it is per day, which is $5 per day less expensive.  

E03218F5-4840-49FE-ADB8-7E282F7FA07B.thumb.jpeg.99fe774b9e58dfbbe205d07970448692.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I hear you, but when I upgraded I got charged from Celebrity for $19.98 for the two of us.  The voucher didn't specify per day or which day.  It didn't charge me $9.99 X 17 days.  If they don't change anything between now and the time I get on board, I'll fight it out with them then.

It seems clear to me.  The from $9.99 (33% off the regular $15) reflects one day for one person.  If you paid $20 for a voucher it would be for two people for one day.  Did you receive a voucher (via e mail) after you made the purchase?  The cost would be $170 a person for the 17 days.  Do you really think Celebrity is offering a discount of 94% off?  Why would they do that?  The per person per day is very clear.  It seems fairly clear that you purchased a one day package and you will have regular internet for the other days.  It does seem strange that they did not ask you to pick the day or charge you for all 17 days.

3 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

It does seem strange that they did not ask you to pick the day or charge you for all 17 days.

This sentence answers most of the questions you asked. Bottom line: something seems amiss. It's well worth $9.99 to find out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RichYak said:

This sentence answers most of the questions you asked. Bottom line: something seems amiss. It's well worth $9.99 to find out.

This is how my voucher reads.  It appears to me they upgraded me for the entire cruise.

Order # 21094632

Date 12/10/2022

Onboard credit

http://edocs.rccl.com/guestdocs/edocs/images/celebrity/hybris/confirmations/v1/check.png

$19.98

Order total

$19.98

View order details

Premium Wi-Fi Upgrade Voucher

Guests

M and M

Devices

$19.98

Order summary

Subtotal

$19.98

Order total

$19.98

Onboard credit

http://edocs.rccl.com/guestdocs/edocs/images/celebrity/hybris/confirmations/v1/check.png

$19.98

Total due

$0.00

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I take it, that was for 2 people.  I was charged $19.98 for the both of us -- per package per person.

$19.98 it is for both of us. (I rounded it up to $20). My voucher and confirmation reads the same as yours. Upgrade for the entire cruise (11 days, 8 days and 10 days).

If they don't honor, oh well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I didn't see anything in the order receipt that stated whole cruise.   Am I missing something?

I didn't see anything that stated it was for one day.  It says Premium Wi-Fi Upgrade Voucher, 2 devices.

Anyone remember when Royal made a mistake in pricing the beverage package at $18 a day?  They eventually honored the price.  It was unfortunate that we bought it on two cruises but both were cancelled due to covid.

We'll see. 

23 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I didn't see anything that stated it was for one day. 

It also doesn't say what you want it to say, so IMO it provides no validity to your argument. What you want is the following, which says "Reserved" and "Full Sailing":

wifi upgrade.JPG

• Like 1

I purchased this as well, but I believe it means that for the low price of $9.99 I get the opportunity to go to the iLounge and purchase an Upgrade from Basic to Premium for the low price of $9.99 per day. Am I hoping that it's for the entire cruise, yes, but I not going to hold my breath.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

This is how my voucher reads.  It appears to me they upgraded me for the entire cruise.

Order # 21094632

Date 12/10/2022

Onboard credit

$19.98

Order total

$19.98

View order details

Premium Wi-Fi Upgrade Voucher

Guests

M and M

Devices

$19.98

Order summary

Subtotal

$19.98

Order total

$19.98

What do you see when you click in the link and the order detail?

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

What do you see when you click in the link and the order detail?

When I go into my Cruise Planner and click on "Order History" it shows" Premium Wi-Fi Upgrade Voucher" and lists our two first names.  As far as I'm concerned, we're upgraded until someone tells me different.  

10 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

I went into the cruise planner to upgrade internet on an upcoming Solstice TA sailing.  It stated the cost was $9.99 per package, not per day, so I jumped on it.  I'm sure it was an IT mistake, but I'm going to hold them to it.

I wondered the same thing but a little further down the page it says per day per person

• Like 1

I feel silly for asking, but where do I find the cruise planner? I’ve been on the app and signed onto the website and don’t know where to look. I wanted to check my order. I bought the basic plan and the upgrade voucher last night. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, def0715 said:

I feel silly for asking, but where do I find the cruise planner? I’ve been on the app and signed onto the website and don’t know where to look. I wanted to check my order. I bought the basic plan and the upgrade voucher last night. Thanks.

The order should be on your original invoice 

Edited by Fortunatefew

9 minutes ago, def0715 said:

Sign into Celebrity website.  Click on Manage Trip/Manage Reservation.  Click on "Plan my cruise."   Click on to the icon next to the "cart" which will show you order history, etc.

• Thanks 1