The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday December 14th, 2022

richwmn

17 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think I will be starting the Fleet Report and Daily while both @richwmn and @kazu are travelling.  We may share it once she is back home.  There are also a few days in late April to Early May when all 3 of us are traveling.  I'm hoping @kochleffel  can handle some of those days.

Roy

Roy, I also emailed Rich that I would post it, if no one had posted it before I check. So I have your back. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good evening. I think the cold front has arrived, or at least the leading edge.  Depending on which thermometer we look at, the outdoor temperature is 46F to 50F.  I know that's not cold for many, especially those further north, but it is cold to thin bloodied Texans.

As far as the discussion about pitt bulls and other dogs, I agree a lot depends on the owner  I've seen sweet dogs being turned into holy terrors by their owners. I doubt if we'd take a chance on certain breeds.

Coyotes can be a problem anywhere, but definitely in Quartzsite.  Many winter visitors mistaking leave scraps in the washes for the coyotes.  In summer when food is scarce, they have been known to come into private property and carry small pets off.  When we had the dachshunds, we never let them out alone from dusk to after dawn.  With the draught of the past severao years, the coyotes have gotten bolder and will go after pets in the daytime.

When he was in rehab, DH had stuffed peppers of dinner once and raved about them.  I hadn't made them for almost 50 years, so tonight I tried a recipe I found on line.  It was different from what DH had, but was a hit.  We have enough for two more meals since this recipe calls for large peppers.  The filling adds diced canned tomatoes to the meat and rice mixture, which keeps it from being dry.  I already have some ideas for tweaks for the next time I made stuffed peppers.

I'm glad Jacqui @kazu made it safely to the US, and I hope her final flight is uneventful.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I am so glad that @kazu is almost to her destination.  Very exciting, and hopefully it will be a joyful cruise, and not one of any more accidents!  

I do know one thing about pet ownership.  A house cat is the most murderous animal in the world.  They kill for fun.  They get good meals, and if you let them out, they will kill birds.  I've even seen Fawn go after a hawk.  At that point I realized she had problems figuring out the actual size of things.  It was on the picnic table out back. She was too big for the hawk, but she didn't realize the hawk was too big for her. He looked down at her, spread it's wings, and she stopped cold in mid jump.  Pretty funny. Bubbles never hunts anything.  He hunts for places that will feed him.  He has his own blanket here, so he comes back to sleep here too.  Tonight with this awful rain, they are both on the porch, with the space heater.  

@ger_77I copied the recipe and printed it out. Was thinking I could swap out the inside for mince meat??  May be? Or that might make it too gooey.  

Stay safe everyone!  I was looking for angels who travel memes, and found these two-

9f68e8ac3aaba4e3f37aa923c4372151--travel-tips-fly.jpg

130d46550279e19b36817fe763a1adfa.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

The weather forecast has changed again. Now, s-n-o-w is expected to begin within an hour, with 4 inches falling today and 4 more overnight, but not much during the day on Friday.

The Junior Cat likes to help me fold laundry even though cats are not good at that. I have no gifts to wrap: my shopping is done, and it's all gift cards and Frangos, which come wrapped.

1840878072_Howtowrapagift.thumb.jpg.b1420627b52ec6cbf66cab588721d056.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

👋 here’s a wave back!  You know originally Volendam was supposed to be in Falmouth today but they changed our port before sailing date. Not sure what the reason was.  Usually they give the “operational reasons” excuse.  Enjoy your day there!

The port has one pier so just 2 ships at a time-Odyssey of the Seas was here when we docked and it’s HUGE-so that may be the reason for the change. Lots of people in a small town.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1