Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

52 minutes ago, pickypicky said:

Thank you. Is the personalizer on the App? I'm totally in the dark here and could be one of those with an assignment at the pier lol!

You need to go on Princess website to get to your personalized.  The app is good when your on the ship and the website is good is good before embarkation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at trying a cabana stateroom but after seeing some of the comments on here I'm a little more hesitant because I didn't realize that the balcony was exposed from above. Are there any cabana staterooms that aren't like that? Or should I just look into a normal mini suite or even a normal balcony cabin.

4 hours ago, greg898 said:

I was looking at trying a cabana stateroom but after seeing some of the comments on here I'm a little more hesitant because I didn't realize that the balcony was exposed from above. Are there any cabana staterooms that aren't like that? Or should I just look into a normal mini suite or even a normal balcony cabin.

Hmm.. I hadn’t seen that they were exposed except for maybe the ones that open on to the Reserve sun deck. Where did you see that they were all open to higher decks? It’s hard to find info on these new rooms. 

48 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Hmm.. I hadn’t seen that they were exposed except for maybe the ones that open on to the Reserve sun deck. Where did you see that they were all open to higher decks? It’s hard to find info on these new rooms. 

We’re booked into a cabana next October, so we did look into it a bit. Two ways show that the deck 9 Cabanas are exposed to higher decks. If you look at the deck plans on Princess for deck 9 you can see the fore and aft cabanas go right to the ship edge. Move to deck 10 and you can see the outline of deck 9 and that the deck 10 cabins don’t go that far out so they would see down. 

You can also see it on the ship renderings as well the deck 9 cabanas are the widest deck. Shown below.

IMG_3435.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, greg898 said:

The midship cabanas on decks 10, 11, and 12 would be mostly covered. These are the ones that are part of the “sphere”. They most likely would be a bit exposed as the sphere curves inward going up. Deck 10 would be most covered but it would be immediately above the piazza. We chose a deck 11 cabana to try it out. Balcony portion might be a little smaller due to the sphere curve. We’ll see.

These cabanas are not Reserve if that matters to anyone booking. 

Edited by tiggerrr

Also got a deck 11 cabana in the Sphere. Believe those shall be amazing. Really cannot wait to see animations or photos.

Not sure about the noise level though. As far as I know there will be loud performances in the Sphere up to deck 8.

It's all an experiment to leave Celebrity. We will see how it will go.

tiggerr,

Thanks. It's funny that I've seen that picture before and never thought about the fact that the balcony would be open to all the decks above. We are also booked into a Reserve Cabana MiniSuite next fall on deck 9. We generally have avoided the Dolphin mini suites on Grand class ships for this very reason. I guess I was so excited to have one of these rooms that I overlooked this. I do think that we will end up spending more time in the Cabana part especially during the transatlantic part. Hopefully the other perks of the Reserve room and location will make up for the open balcony. 

Hi,

New to Princess and looking at a Med cruise on the Sun Princess in April.

We would prefer a quieter location but we are a bit confused with some of the comments about noise near Domes, Sphere, etc. Any suggestions on a good location, ideally Mini-Suite but ok to try a Balcony given its our first time (we looked at Mini Suites but they are only available on Decks 16/17 which look as though they are in very busy locations)

Any advice welcome ...

57 minutes ago, petez said:

We would prefer a quieter location but we are a bit confused with some of the comments about noise near Domes, Sphere, etc. Any suggestions on a good location, ideally Mini-Suite but ok to try a Balcony given its our first time (we looked at Mini Suites but they are only available on Decks 16/17 which look as though they are in very busy locations)

Is that all that's available for your cruise? Mini Suites can be found on plenty of other cabin only decks. They are located here:

Category M1/M2: Reserve Mini Suite (Deck 10/11/12/14/15/16/17)
Category MA/MD: Mini Suite (Deck 10/11/12/14)

Agree it would be best to avoid the reserve mini-suites on 16 and 17 as you may hear Lido deck noise but you should be fine lower down as far as 11 (as deck 10 is over public spaces). 

Edited by dides

2 hours ago, Pixelskaya said:

Thank you so much for the pictures and plans! The Sun Princess is looking amazing.

We have booked the 14-night Mediterranean cruise in August 2024, can’t wait to see what’s behind the Misterious Black Door™️!

We’re on a 14 night Mediterranean on August 24th. Our cabin is located on deck 10 looking down on someone else cabin. It will be different. We enjoy looking straight down and seeing the ocean. 

Edited by DHP1

On 4/22/2023 at 8:19 AM, mlmbar said:

On Wednesday I was able to get a mini suite cabana midship for Oct 19, 2024 after contacting my PCP. I had not seen anything except forward guarantee when looking myself but she found otherwise.  It was also the same price as a regular mini suite. Very happy! Same as I am paying for mini suite on Sky March 2024   

Booked on the same date, same category and felt the price was in line with previous Princess cruises.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jangor said:

Booked on the same date, same category and felt the price was in line with previous Princess cruises.

Congrats!! Yes, I was surprised that the price was very reasonable. Cannot wait! 

12 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

Congrats!! Yes, I was surprised that the price was very reasonable. Cannot wait! 

I found it very expensive, but that’s because I was spoiled by last year’s Norway & Iceland cruise on Enchanted Princess that was crazy cheap (they had to fill the ship in a couple of months) 🥲

20 minutes ago, Pixelskaya said:

I found it very expensive, but that’s because I was spoiled by last year’s Norway & Iceland cruise on Enchanted Princess that was crazy cheap (they had to fill the ship in a couple of months) 🥲

Understood. My reserve cabana mini suite with plus package is only $450 more than mini suite on Sky. I don’t think that is bad 

• Like 1

Hi,

Question re cabin layouts for Mini-Suites. I am looking for a Mini Suite with the Sofa nearest the window (not the bed) but despite looking at the deck plans and Sun Princess – Staterooms and Suites Guide for the first Princess ‘Sphere’ class ship – Brits On A Ship I still can't work out which way they are.

In my image below, which one has the Sofa nearest the window 12624 or 12626 ?

Thanks

Capture2.PNG

Answered my own question - if you click on the cabin number on the Princess Deck Plans it gives you the exact layout of the respective cabin. In MS the sofa is always by the window - its the Bed and Wardrobes that swap over ......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, petez said:

In my image below, which one has the Sofa nearest the window 12624 or 12626 ?

Thanks

Capture2.PNG

I look for the same thing!  I prefer to have the sofa near the balcony when possible too.

12624 will have the sofa near the balcony.  How to tell is to look for the notch going out from the room.  That is where the bed goes.

22 minutes ago, ToplessPony said:

I look for the same thing!  I prefer to have the sofa near the balcony when possible too.

12624 will have the sofa near the balcony.  How to tell is to look for the notch going out from the room.  That is where the bed goes.

Are you sure it wouldn't be 12626?

12 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Are you sure it wouldn't be 12626?

Pretty sure.  🙂

If the deck plans are correct it definitely should be.  The notch pushing out from the room is so the bed can fit in the room and the sofa would go right next to the bed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToplessPony said:

Pretty sure.  🙂

If the deck plans are correct it definitely should be.  The notch pushing out from the room is so the bed can fit in the room and the sofa would go right next to the bed

Well, yes... all those cabins have a notch.  It appears as though the notch in 12624 is closer to the verandah/patio door than the notch in 16626 so the bed will be closer to the verandah and the sofa further away.

Edited by d9704011

17 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Well, yes... all those cabins have a notch.  It appears as though the notch in 12624 is closer to the verandah/patio door than the notch in 16626 so the bed will be closer to the verandah and the sofa further away.

The small square on the left of the image is the balcony.  For 12624 the notch out from the room (so to give extra room to put the bed) is not right next to the balcony.  However being a mini suite I think they always put the sofa near the balcony don't they?  On this new ship they probably swap the bed and what ever (dresser/storage?) is near the bathroom?

Who knows though until we start seeing some sneak peaks of the cabins.  Can't wait for that!  🙂

Capture2.PNG.366048611ea0d9be13f6295cd29f47c5.png.1b2622eb1d4a79ea2c897e8763728ea9.png

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ToplessPony said:

The small square on the left of the image is the balcony.  For 12624 the notch out from the room (so to give extra room to put the bed) is not right next to the balcony.  However being a mini suite I think they always put the sofa near the balcony don't they?  On this new ship they probably swap the bed and what ever (dresser/storage?) is near the bathroom?

Who knows though until we start seeing some sneak peaks of the cabins.  Can't wait for that!  🙂

Capture2.PNG.366048611ea0d9be13f6295cd29f47c5.png.1b2622eb1d4a79ea2c897e8763728ea9.png

I think you are correct.  The website shows mini suite with bed in the middle and with the bed closer to the bathroom.  The sofa is next to the balcony.

IMG_3632.webp

IMG_3631.webp

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2023 at 2:56 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Loving the new pics!

Seems like there isn't a lot of posting from those who have the Sun booked for next year?

We had booked Europe for next Spring, But, decided that it just wouldn't work out.

I have Feb 28th and Dec 14th booked and I'm getting a little nervous that there isn't more word on the build as of now.  Princess has been very quiet.

Marla

• Haha 1