Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

On 11/12/2023 at 12:38 PM, beg3yrs said:

Thanks so much for the aft photo! I looks to me like the aft balconies in the center are not yet complete as there's no center dividers visible and no glass in place either. I suppose they've got lots more to do before February.

We're currently on the Sapphire and booked a cruise on the Sun.

I was told by the future cruises person that there are no aft balcony cabins on the Sun.

Is that accurate?

Also  any info on the regular Reserve mini suite balconies?

There are two cabins on decks 10-14 that are aft facing but they are set way in.  I don't even see them enjoying the wake.  The balcony on the two last Penthouse suites on Deck 17, extend to the back so they have a aft view but probably only wide enough for one person to stand on the railing.  At least that's what it looks like in the deck plans.  I'll let you know after April 8th!  🙂

They really screwed up with no aft facing cabins on this ship.  The best place to be!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

There are two cabins on decks 10-14 that are aft facing but they are set way in.  I don't even see them enjoying the wake.  The balcony on the two last Penthouse suites on Deck 17, extend to the back so they have a aft view but probably only wide enough for one person to stand on the railing.  At least that's what it looks like in the deck plans.  I'll let you know after April 8th!  🙂

They really screwed up with no aft facing cabins on this ship.  The best place to be!

Agree - I'm sitting on our aft balcony right now as I write this!

We had to book it the day the cruise came out - which means Princess should know how popular these balconies are! 😪

27 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

There are two cabins on decks 10-14 that are aft facing but they are set way in.  I don't even see them enjoying the wake. 

And note that these are all accessible Deluxe Balcony cabins. Having those elevators at the back makes it easier to have accessible cabins in this position unlike on most other Princess ships. 

Edited by dides
  • Like 5

@dides just realized I had a brain fart the prior day and totally confused Dan France's name with that of Dan Falconer so if anyone read what I wrote about Dan France probably going more "behind the scenes over time", scratch that because that would only make more sense with Falconer lol. Looking forward to seeing what Dan and Corinne do together!

8 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

@dides just realized I had a brain fart the prior day and totally confused Dan France's name with that of Dan Falconer so if anyone read what I wrote about Dan France probably going more "behind the scenes over time", scratch that because that would only make more sense with Falconer lol. Looking forward to seeing what Dan and Corinne do together!

ha I was none the wiser as never cruised with Dan France before!. However we do know Dan Falconer and he was ED level so what you said makes sense lol

Edited by dides

2 hours ago, dides said:

New pics posted by Princess, you clearly see the 'I Love This' slogan that was added during the Palermo dry dock:

18-nov-1.thumb.jpg.9a3d3c16201cc6e6a8e3045abc8fa69b.jpg

18-Nov-2.thumb.jpg.a47fea91ad3ff10b4eef8fa64673d889.jpg

Great pictures. I can just barely make out my cabin, deck 15 second cabin in the sphere.

• Like 3

On 11/17/2023 at 5:34 PM, dides said:

Corinne Steel (currently CD on Sky Princess) has told @Justpackingmybags that she will be moving to Sun Princess.

There is also a social media post saying there will be two CDs on Sun Princess - Corinne and Dan France.

Dan France posted a story with a picture of his laptop screen showing a guide to creating content on Sun Princess LED screens. Weird to see her working name also being used  "Hull 6310".

What do you think? Trivia in the Piazza? 😀

sunled.jpg?w=499

• Like 2

Now booked 14 nights aboard in August 2024. So looking forward to being on a new ship in its inaugural season again.

The last one was Celebrity Edge back in 2018 and there was loads of hype about it on CC. I'm somewhat surprised Sun Princess isn't receiving the same level of attention/debate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Now booked 14 nights aboard in August 2024. So looking forward to being on a new ship in its inaugural season again.

The last one was Celebrity Edge back in 2018 and there was loads of hype about it on CC. I'm somewhat surprised Sun Princess isn't receiving the same level of attention/debate!

Possibly because Princess cruisers on CC can be a miserable bunch and unreceptive to change 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I am really looking forward to the new ship...   Bring out the SUN!

I don't know if this has been mentioned here...  But one change  (among a few others) that I might wonder about is that PARK 19 is perched just above/overlooking the Sanctuary.

The Sanctuary is my Princess 'thing'.

If there is any awareness of this 'PARK' while enjoying the Sanctuary, this could be a design flaw.

It is bad enough that they could not find a way to have the Signature Sun Deck without taking wake view from the Sanctuary.

We had to cancel Europe, and will be on the first U.S. sailing.  With (hopefully) no numbers of Back-to-Back cruisers on this one, I am crossing my fingers that we will get the Sanctuary bookings that we want.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am really looking forward to the new ship...   Bring out the SUN!

I don't know if this has been mentioned here...  But one change  (among a few others) that I might wonder about is that PARK 19 is perched just above/overlooking the Sanctuary.

If there is any awareness of this 'PARK' while enjoying the Sanctuary, this could be a design flaw.

It is bad enough that they could not find a way to have the Signature Sun Deck without taking wake view from the Sanctuary.

We had to cancel Europe, and will be on the first U.S. sailing.  With (hopefully) no numbers of Back-to-Back cruisers on this one, I am crossing my fingers th't

I also had questions about how the Signature Sun Deck will work within or near or part of the Sanctuary. We're currently on the Sapphire and I've asked the future cruise person on here but so far no answers..

I haven't looked at the deck plans but when you say "wake view" - have they moved the Sanctuary to the rear of the ship?

We love the Sanctuary also. It is definitely a special place that we enjoy the serenity and of course the view. I had not heard anything about the Park 19 overlooking the Sanctuary. I’m going to have to go back and look again at the deck plans. 

32 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

.  But one change  (among a few others) that I might wonder about is that PARK 19 is perched just above/overlooking the Sanctuary.

You raise an interesting point. While it certainly looks like the main part of Park19 is midship it does look like there is a possibility of the running track and roll glider may come around the aft end and overlook the Sanctuary. So you could have noise and people overlooking you as you dose on your lounger. Unless they have awnings added etc.

parksanc.thumb.jpg.29d92a9890803acb886a1cbc12aa7472.jpg

Edited by dides

Deck 17 aft I believe is the Altitudes Restaurant. We are also at the Aft Deck 17 starboard side. 

and yes it does appear that sections of the Park will overlook the sanctuary. Hopefully they have taken this into consideration and protected the Sanctuary.