Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

So some people are able to make dining reservations on Sun Princess? We're on it 4/27 and it still tells me "We could not find any reservations at this time. Please check back later." And I'm Elite (and my wife is Platinum) so from what I've heard, we should be able to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lstone19 said:

So some people are able to make dining reservations on Sun Princess? We're on it 4/27 and it still tells me "We could not find any reservations at this time. Please check back later." And I'm Elite (and my wife is Platinum) so from what I've heard, we should be able to.

Hold on.

Are you in a Suite on the Sun Princess 4/27?

I cannot book any other dining reservations except Love on the first night of my cruise.

And $0. Charge for 1st night Only in Love restaurant.

The message I get is Reserve guests do not need reservations.

1) Signature Suite

2) 5 night cruise

3) Standard fare- no packages

4) Elite

(poster on page 41 has premier package, and can book Love for 3 rd night of cruise.)

3 hours ago, lstone19 said:

Same here. I'm Elite, and on the 08Jun2024 sailing, and I still can't access dining bookings.

Having said that, I like to time my dining bookings around one of the two Evening Shows. Did I read correctly that this ship will be having THREE performances of the headline show each night? / Anyone know when the Sun's evening show timings will be announced please?

I'm in a standard balcony cabin for 4th May sailing and I don't have any loyalty perks,

I have the premier package and it was allowing me to book Love for any of the nights

The app was showing I had dining credit and I booked for 2nd night and was not charged

That's the only Speciality restaurant that was showing and I could not book any MDR reservations or

Explore any other dining options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, darzo509 said:

I'm in a standard balcony cabin for 4th May sailing and I don't have any loyalty perks,

I have the premier package and it was allowing me to book Love for any of the nights

The app was showing I had dining credit and I booked for 2nd night and was not charged

That's the only Speciality restaurant that was showing and I could not book any MDR reservations or

Explore any other dining options.

Explains a lot! Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I was not charged. I wonder if it is because I upgraded to Premium Package? 🤷‍♀️

IMG_4771.png

So far it seems to be those with premier package can use a dining credit to book any night for Love.

And suite guests on a standard fare without a package have a dining credit to use only on first night of cruise.

And without a dining credit Love can be booked for $149 pp.

Edited by dog
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dog said:

So far it seems to be those with premier package can use a dining credit to book any night for Love.

And suite guests on a standard fare without a package have a dining credit to use only on first night of cruise.

And without a dining credit Live can be booked for $149 pp.

Does this apply to short cruises? Because in that case, the difference between Plus and Premier pays itself just with the Love reservation!

2 minutes ago, Pixelskaya said:

Does this apply to short cruises? Because in that case, the difference between Plus and Premier pays itself just with the Love reservation!

I am a bit Leary because other Specialty restaurants are $35-$39. + 18% service, while Love is $149 pp!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Sorry if this been asked before, but what is so special about the Love restaurant to justify the $149 pp charge?

I´d guess the marketing for it is quite expensive and needs to be paid for...

https://www.princess.com/en-int/news/news-releases/2023/12/love-by-britto-first-artistically-inspired-dining-experience-celebrating-love-debuting-on-sun-princess

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Sorry if this been asked before, but what is so special about the Love restaurant to justify the $149 pp charge?

I would imagine that the collaborations with the artist AND the chef have cost a pretty penny.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, chamima said:

I would imagine that the collaborations with the artist AND the chef have cost a pretty penny.

and I'm thinking, the menu calls for some pretty exotic food items, and that has got to be costly.

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2023 at 5:46 PM, snoozecrooze said:

Me thinks those balcony chairs are going to be a huge talking point. At least the balcony seems nicely proportioned, though.

We are on an MSC ship right now with similar balcony chairs.  I’m 5 feet 8 inches tall and the top of the seat hits the middle of my back.   It is neither comfortable nor conducive to sitting for any length of time.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, capriccio said:

We are on an MSC ship right now with similar balcony chairs.  I’m 5 feet 8 inches tall and the top of the seat hits the middle of my back.   It is neither comfortable nor conducive to sitting for any length of time.  

That's what I was afraid of. 😞

They look like sit up straight and lean a little forward only. 😞

Not how we usually sit on our balcony. 😞

7 hours ago, dog said:

Hold on.

Are you in a Suite on the Sun Princess 4/27?

I cannot book any other dining reservations except Love on the first night of my cruise.

And $0. Charge for 1st night Only in Love restaurant.

The message I get is Reserve guests do not need reservations.

1) Signature Suite

2) 5 night cruise

3) Standard fare- no packages

4) Elite

(poster on page 41 has premier package, and can book Love for 3 rd night of cruise.)

No, not in a suite. Deluxe Balcony guarantee. We do have Premier. And I do see Love coming up as an option. But, when I try to book it says "An error occurred, Your table could not be reserved."

So, maybe they realized it was a bug and Love is not supposed to be bookable with dining credits and they're shutting it down. Or maybe it's the date. We're booked for 21 nights, marketed as such, but is really a B2B2B2B given Princess markets the Med cruises as 7 nights, 14 nights, and 21 nights (they're three seven-night one-ways that repeat every 21 nights - Rome-Athens-Barcelona-Rome). I was trying to book our anniversary which is also an embarkation day in Barcelona although mid-cruise for us. So perhaps that it's an embarkation day is also a factor. We'll see if anyone reports still be able to book Love.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

No, not in a suite. Deluxe Balcony guarantee. We do have Premier. And I do see Love coming up as an option. But, when I try to book it says "An error occurred, Your table could not be reserved."

So, maybe they realized it was a bug and Love is not supposed to be bookable with dining credits and they're shutting it down. Or maybe it's the date. We're booked for 21 nights, marketed as such, but is really a B2B2B2B given Princess markets the Med cruises as 7 nights, 14 nights, and 21 nights (they're three seven-night one-ways that repeat every 21 nights - Rome-Athens-Barcelona-Rome). I was trying to book our anniversary which is also an embarkation day in Barcelona although mid-cruise for us. So perhaps that it's an embarkation day is also a factor. We'll see if anyone reports still be able to book Love.

Hope it works out for you. I too expect there could be a glitch.  Seems too good to be true. 

• Thanks 1