Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

3 hours ago, valdean said:

D0 Premium Deluxe Balcony:  I have been reading the posts here about the D0 Premium Deluxe Balcony with great interest.  In January I noticed the statement "Enjoy Signature Upgrades and Benefits" on the D0 when clicking on the deck plan, as many here have stated. (In addition, one website calls them "Signature Balcony.") I asked my Princess agent about it; he responded that his boss said no and that the boss said he would report to the Princess web team and have them look into the wording on the description of those cabins. Like someone posted earlier, this back AFT section is full of Signature Suites so this lonely balcony room may have been caught up in the Signature labeling.  As of today that Signature wording still shows up when clicking on the D0 cabins on the deck plans.  I went ahead and booked a D0 (December 2024 cruise) starboard because I wanted the "bump-out" balcony facing forward and booked my brother in the DD cabin next to mine.  (If I had been told the D0 was Signature benefits, I would have booked him in the D0 on the port side of the deck.  But since I was told no Signature benefits on D0, I figured it was better to be side-by-side.) With Elite status, I was able to book my dining reservations earlier this week. Lo and behold, it came up as Signature Dining and a free Specialty Dining, both Signature Benefits.  I am not holding my breath -- that could all disappear in the wink of an eye if it is a glitch.  However, if it holds true, not sure what happens to my brother for dining! 

Signature Suites:  The Signature Suites seem to be the same size as Mini-Suites (looking at Deck 14 measurements in the AFT section with Mini-Suites and Signature Suites together in a row). Signature Suites are more expensive, and rightfully so with the Signature Benefits. So it appears that Signature Suites are Mini Suites with the extra Signature Benefits.  But until passengers report back, everything is speculation.

Privacy on the D0 balconies:  I had Mini-Suites with "angular" balconies on Sky Princess and Regal Princess.  When I went all the way out to the side rail, I could indeed see the balconies of the "bump-in" cabins, so anyone standing at their railings could also see me.  However, I could back closer to the cabin if I did not want to be seen. I did not see all that many people hanging out at the railings anyway.  So I'll see how this works with the D0 balcony.  My brother and I hope to have the little "divider door" opened between our balconies so we can enjoy more flexible balcony space.

I believe most of us are looking forward to seeing photos and reading reports! Not long now . . 

Thanks. For going the extra mile to Ask agent.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boreal said:

Sitting right now in the train to Civitavechia from Milano. I have booked cabin 17604. I will report back.  Plus pictures of course. 

Thanks for posting this!

Have the time of your life!

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, lgar88 said:

No it ends in 246

I am sure you will enjoy your trip.  The balcony is large and has great views.  Also, I expect cabana deck will be much quieter and more peaceful than the main pool deck.  BTW, with regard to the Cabana class rooms…C2 are Cabana class rooms on deck 9 that are adjacent to cabana deck (as opposed to C1 rooms, which open directly ONTO the cabana deck). I suspect/hope a C2 has a lot more privacy.

Edited by CatMom72
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

All this to and fro on the D0 with Signature dining and benefits - it does read to me that those cabins are not getting the full Signature package (whatever all that entails).  It surprises me a little that no one involved has reported speaking directly with a CVP about them (or at least that I noticed).  So, it also would surprise me if the inside sales reps (the US-based experienced ones I mean) are not fully informed about the cabins being offered - especially the premium ones that would be the ones to try and sell.  

Now that sailing is so close, it should get resolved.  I can see how either programming for information to fit a cell phone screen versus a PC screen could have variances with sloppy programming.  IDK if there is a cache issue involved as well.  I was all in the camp that this appears to be a PCL issue as not the first time there have been marketing errors in the booking process.  Not so sure now.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out as live reports come in.  But you would think SOMEONE at Princess will have the definitive knowledge about what the situation is SUPPOSED to be.  Surely Carmen Roig (VP Sales) or one of her direct reports would know.  Any TA's encountered this potential anomaly and inquired?

Have you tried calling Princess lately (other  than a CVP)?  It is not surprising that it’s been so hard to find anyone with “definitive knowledge.” 

Yes,  it all seems crazy with these AFT DO Premium deluxe balconies!!!!

And, we will know what is the real deal, very soon.

However,  at this time...  The APP shows these with Signature.

The Princess web-site on the computer is showing these with Signature.

And, there are those who are booked, and they are showing able to access Signature benefits.

That is all I am trying to say here....  

At this time, to say that these do not add in Signature benefits, that is what seems to be an assumption, that is not based on what we are all seeing.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WOW!!  Has this cabin thing taken a life of its own. I guess we have to wait and see from onboard reports what it's really like on the ship. I'm guessing Princess has no idea since this is a brand-new concept for them.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, CatMom72 said:

I am sure you will enjoy your trip.  The balcony is large and has great views.  Also, I expect cabana deck will be much quieter and more peaceful than the main pool deck.  BTW, with regard to the Cabana class rooms…C2 are Cabana class rooms on deck 9 that are adjacent to cabana deck (as opposed to C1 rooms, which open directly ONTO the cabana deck). I suspect/hope a C2 has a lot more privacy.

That is helpful info. At this point, if I put in an upgrade to a mini suite cabana, I probably don't have a choice of rooms. I'm probably going to stay in the balcony room I have now. It will be great!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

that's why I booked a C2...

• Like 2

Thanks "Dog" for being willing to settle this mystery.  We are on 4/17/24 sailing in cabin 16603.  By virtue of YOU, we will definitively know what, if any, benes are with this cabin.  I will not offer which camp I am currently in but...!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, summerlin 1330 said:

Thanks "Dog" for being willing to settle this mystery.  We are on 4/17/24 sailing in cabin 16603.  By virtue of YOU, we will definitively know what, if any, benes are with this cabin.  I will not offer which camp I am currently in but...!

Definitely not settled yet. Soon I hope.

So my cruises in Suites & this mystery D0- aft benefits are all in October 24 and in winter 2025.

Please report back.  I also anticipate changes well before I sail.

• Like 3

Oops!  I didn't catch that your D0 cruise was later in this year.  Maybe, just maybe, you could talk to an in-the-know-officer and get some information.  After 3+ pages on CC this is a current hot topic.  Actually, what we all would want is for you to walk up to a D0 cabin and ask,"Whatcha gettin'!".

Anyway, somebody will put this to rest sooner than later. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, summerlin 1330 said:

Oops!  I didn't catch that your D0 cruise was later in this year.  Maybe, just maybe, you could talk to an in-the-know-officer and get some information.  After 3+ pages on CC this is a current hot topic.  Actually, what we all would want is for you to walk up to a D0 cabin and ask,"Whatcha gettin'!".

Anyway, somebody will put this to rest sooner than later. 

I disembarked yesterday. I did speak to Future cruise staff last week. He sells cruises on board and should have some knowledge of what he is selling, right?

Wait and see- I am not locked into this D0- aft cabin, so I can easily rebook that cruise in a suite.  I certainly won’t be waiting until I board to see what benefits I get.

i posted on this thread in response to Leo’s question and leaving this old thread as I am about to board my flight!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

Have you tried calling Princess lately (other  than a CVP)?  It is not surprising that it’s been so hard to find anyone with “definitive knowledge.” 

I know what you mean, but no, I have not had reason to call them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Has anyone been able to get an answer from Princess as to what sort of guest capacity the ship is sailing at for any of the upcoming sailings?

You don't really find that out until on board.  It would be giving away marketing info.  Same idea as airlines don't really reveal how many total empty seats on a plane ahead of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lstone19 said:

Dining reservations have opened for more cruises. We're on Sun Princess starting Apr 27 and I was just able to reserve.

We have the premier package and have just tried to book 2 speciality restaurants and looks like we will get charged as credit card details came up when I clicked on reserve…anyone else come across this problem

1 minute ago, Shone216 said:

We have the premier package and have just tried to book 2 speciality restaurants and looks like we will get charged as credit card details came up when I clicked on reserve…anyone else come across this problem

Yes..Happened to us too. My brother called them and was able to book one reservation.

Just now, Shone216 said:

So do we and the same thing. But in the Dine My Way thread, someone said last year (but before the new app came out) that it goes so far as to authorize the charge but never finalizes it. I booked out two specialty dining reservations and it did do the charge authorization. I'll keep an eye on it and if it does actually charge us, deal with it on the ship. 

15 minutes ago, Shone216 said:

Not quite the same as you; I was able to book with dining credits just fine (I don’t remember the wording exactly, but it is made clear during booking that you have dining credit available).

However, I later wanted to change to a different dining venue and after cancelling one of the bookings the credit didn’t return to my account and wanted to charge my card.

Customer Services said there was an IT glitch affecting a small number of customers which meant dining credits weren’t being added to their accounts properly, so possibly this is what you are experiencing. Unfortunately the suggested solution was to book (and get charged) and sort out once onboard. 

In my case it seems I was just being impatient. A few hours later the dining credit had returned to my account and I was able to cancel the cash booking and rebook with my credit 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, suekel said:

that's why I booked a C2...

Yes, that is why I encouraged my mother to choose C2 as well.  It has the cabana, plus Reserve benefits like C1, but unlike C1 someone walking by on the cabana deck cannot just look directly into your room.  I feel like the C1 cabins would be a great option for people traveling in a large group, but not so much for a couple traveling alone...unless they were big-time extroverts.  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

WOW!!  Has this cabin thing taken a life of its own. I guess we have to wait and see from onboard reports what it's really like on the ship. I'm guessing Princess has no idea since this is a brand-new concept for them.

My mind checked out a long time ago. All I heard was “la..la…la…” gonna see some pretty pictures… “la…la…la!”

May all of the D’s, C’s, M’s and OH’s get everything they deserve and hoped for! 

🚢🎉🥂🍾🌈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2