Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

We could also finally book restaurants for our March 29 cruise. The first 2 reservations were free of charge (we have Premier), the others were charged $45 p.p. The only speciality restaurant we did not book was ‘Hot Pot’, because we have no idea what to expect and if it’s worth the $45 cover charge. There is not much information about this restaurant. Has anyone an idea of what to expect?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nekosabre said:

Not quite the same as you; I was able to book with dining credits just fine (I don’t remember the wording exactly, but it is made clear during booking that you have dining credit available).

However, I later wanted to change to a different dining venue and after cancelling one of the bookings the credit didn’t return to my account and wanted to charge my card.

Customer Services said there was an IT glitch affecting a small number of customers which meant dining credits weren’t being added to their accounts properly, so possibly this is what you are experiencing. Unfortunately the suggested solution was to book (and get charged) and sort out once onboard. 

In my case it seems I was just being impatient. A few hours later the dining credit had returned to my account and I was able to cancel the cash booking and rebook with my credit 🙂

Welcome to cruise critic.

Marty

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

Looks nice but it made me dizzy.

I was about to post the Signature Lounge link (currently driving around Florida post-TA).  This is certainly a vast improvement on the Royal class offering but it doesn't seem as bright and airy as the rendering. Maybe better when you see it in the daylight and can look out those windows. Didn't spot any food or beverage areas either. Gosh we are too needy lol

Edited by dides
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, dides said:

I was about to post the Signature Lounge link (currently driving around Florida post-TA).  This is certainly a vast improvement on the Royal class offering but it doesn't seem as bright and airy as the rendering. Maybe better when you see it in the daylight and can look out those windows. Didn't spot any food or beverage areas either. Gosh we are too needy lol

I agree that it is a vast improvement over the Royal class (or at least the Royal which is the only one we've experienced).  My reaction was that considering the number of full suites in the Sphere class, if the video covered the entire area on both decks, I imagine it will be very crowded at cocktail hour.

• Like 2

As I have grown tired of the continual back-and-forth regarding whether D0 has Signature benefits, I just fired off an email to the executive office at Princess to ask them to clarify the issue.  Will post back if I hear anything.

I imagine D0 would be a wildly popular balcony cabin class if it comes with Signature benefits.  Best return ever for a few dollars more per day.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Signature Lounge from crew member aboard:

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/ao1h7WwURCEudBvB/?mibextid=oFDknk

very nice, I can see my wife coming down the stairs in a long black evening gown and all heads turn looking upward. I rise from my chair to greet her at the base of the stairs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, dides said:

There's definitely beverage and food area, right at the 14/15 second mark, shows the counter, glasses, fridges..

Screenshot_20240226-154724.png

8 minutes ago, c-boy said:

very nice, I can see my wife coming down the stairs in a long black evening gown and all heads turn looking upward. I rise from my chair to greet her at the base of the stairs. 

But that's the crew entrance for servicing.

• Haha 3

So here we all are, waiting anxiously for one of us to actually board so then we will all know for sure…until we find out that the people on board in the same cabin category are still being given conflicting information and benefits! 😝 Then what?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

As I have grown tired of the continual back-and-forth regarding whether D0 has Signature benefits, I just fired off an email to the executive office at Princess to ask them to clarify the issue.  Will post back if I hear anything.

I imagine D0 would be a wildly popular balcony cabin class if it comes with Signature benefits.  Best return ever for a few dollars more per day.

I think that category was for 2 cabins on the aft of each floor so this, even if true, would affect 10 -12 people or so on the whole ship.

55 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

There's definitely beverage and food area, right at the 14/15 second mark, shows the counter, glasses, fridges..

Screenshot_20240226-154724.png

Thanks - good spot. Oh my, looks like they might have their sodas in glass-front grab n go fridges. The amount of times we had to show fellow lounge guests the secret of how to open those metal doors just to get a cold soda!

Edited by dides
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dides said:

Thanks - good spot. Oh my, looks like they might have their sodas in glass-front grab n go fridges. The amount of times we had to show fellow lounge guests the secret of how to open those metal doors just to get a cold soda!

And what is the secret to opening up those doors? 

10 minutes ago, Mary Kelly said:

10 minutes ago, Mary Kelly said:

Way too hard to explain. One of those thing to pass forward in person and to the next generation of cruisers lol

Edited by dides
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, dides said:

Hang on - are those fridges set behind a bar so staff have to serve us? Looks like there are staff terminals there as well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dides said:

Hang on - are those fridges set behind a bar so staff have to serve us? Looks like there are staff terminals there as well. 

perhaps there will be extended service hours like, 0700-2100 hrs

Just got an upgrade from ocean view to premium deluxe balcony for $215 pp on the 2nd sailing, 3/9. I was assigned a midship on deck 12.

So many cabin posts, was this a score? Do I get sig benefits?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1