Weather travel disruptions

Magicat

Originally I only well wished anyone headed to a cruise and I did not want to offend anyone that was not traveling to a cruise.  Trying to be all inclusive is tough.

So a change in direction... Who is worried about missing your cruise because of the weather and what alternative plans have you put in place?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Magicat said:

Originally I only well wished anyone headed to a cruise and I did not want to offend anyone that was not traveling to a cruise.  Trying to be all inclusive is tough.

So a change in direction... Who is worried about missing your cruise because of the weather and what alternative plans have you put in place?

I was worried because I originally had a late flight out the night before and was worried if it got canceled or delayed I might miss the cruise.

Rebooked to an earlier one in the morning, got there uneventfully but had to book a hotel room for overnight stay instead of crashing at the airport. Though, guess it was worth the extra cost, since I had a good night sleep. 

My earlier fears were mostly unfounded, my original flight was delayed 1hr and half, but made it. The ship had to delay departure until the next morning, so currently on the Enchatment of the Seas still in the harbor.

I wonder if I could've still checked in if I was late.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Teeboner said:

I was worried because I originally had a late flight out the night before and was worried if it got canceled or delayed I might miss the cruise.

Rebooked to an earlier one in the morning, got there uneventfully but had to book a hotel room for overnight stay instead of crashing at the airport. Though, guess it was worth the extra cost, since I had a good night sleep. 

My earlier fears were mostly unfounded, my original flight was delayed 1hr and half, but made it. The ship had to delay departure until the next morning, so currently on the Enchatment of the Seas still in the harbor.

I wonder if I could've still checked in if I was late.

We were booked on an 8AM flight for our last cruise and we always arrive a day early.  Called Southwest to check for a delay and discovered our flight was cancelled.  Luckily there was an 8 PM flight with some openings and the reservation clerk was very helpful.  Didn't get to our Miami hotel until 1AM but still had a good nights sleep.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Magicat said:

Hello, for all those travelling to catch a cruise or just going to visit family, I wish you arrive safely and on time to your destination.  Safe travels everyone!  Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

So many moans but still post.

• Thanks 1

Going to try to reshape this conversation. 

I can't but help think that there are many people who will miss their cruise this weekend due to the terrible transportation issues people are facing. I would not expect people to come on any of the CC forums to talk about how disappointed they are because there's no fun in that and those people are probably really down about missing their cruise and don't want to talk about it. I'm sure plenty of people are trying to drive to make their cruise if they can, but would assume plenty of people, RCL or not, are going to miss their holiday sailing this week for the typical 7 day ships that leave on the weekend. I feel for the people in that situation and can only imagine the disappointment and frustration experienced right now my many travelers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just read that cozumel closed at 3 pm today because of high winds. If ships are docked, stay docked.  No more allowed to dock. I think closed tomorrow too.

This will be interesting to monitor in terms of what itineraries end up changing from events like this.