Guarantee cabin - how do you find out what you are assigned

Shiba_Lover

We booked a guarantee IV cabin on the Beyond for late February 2023 about a month and a half ago and I logged into my booking a week ago and saw that the cabin had been assigned. I was also able to submit an offer for a higher category once our cabin was assigned. 

I've never received an email.   I just check my reservation and eventually a room popped in.   I've had Suite Guarantees that were unassigned for 1 1/2 year before finally having room assigned.   Other times I've found a price reduction where a S1 drops below or same price as a S2 Guarantee and just have my agent change and have select a room. 

I booked a GTY veranda while on the Equinox.  I kept checking my X app on my phone and after a few days the cabin number showed up.  Never got an email.  I had expected a 2D but got 1B under the bridge.  I called and changed it to a different 1B closer to midship. Then I requested an updated invoice by email and printed proper luggage tags.

On 12/24/2022 at 11:44 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I've never received an email.   I just check my reservation and eventually a room popped in.   I've had Suite Guarantees that were unassigned for 1 1/2 year before finally having room assigned.   Other times I've found a price reduction where a S1 drops below or same price as a S2 Guarantee and just have my agent change and have select a room. 

We will be in a suite - it's the Flora, which is why I did the "guarantee".  It was 4K cheaper than booking a specific cabin, so I figured that was a good deal given that I don't think there are any "bad" rooms - obstructed views, etc.  I'm pretty sure we'll wind up in the veranda room.  But I don't think I will book a guarantee again.  I don't like the not knowing which room, although I guess for this ship, I don't think it matters that much since I am fine with the regular veranda suite. 😁