Transportation between 2 terminals @ Port Canaveral

tinykygal

BTW, I did post this on the P Canaveral page.

We want to cruise out of Port Canaveral, disembark and board another RCCL ship same day for a back-to-back cruise.

According to the port map the Jewel docks at C1 and the other ship docks across the bay.

How does a person travel between piers?

I am aware that if your ship disembarks @ a terminal different from the one where your cruise began that transportation is provided to the parking area.

Thank you.

I have heard that now RCCL will transfer you. Contact guest services once on board.  Some report they are notified by guest services, and others have been proactive and have contacted guest services mid cruise.  

Otherwise, you can take Uber.  We just got off the Jewel and Ubered back to our hotel for our car. (Shuttle was not running for another 30 minutes). The  Uber area is very clearly marked. 

We have done a side to side in Port Canaveral several times. Years ago we were on our own. It is nice to hear that Royal Caribbean will transport you from one ship to the other.

Enjoy 

Edited by cruisegirl1

Last month we sailed Jewel (T5) followed by Wonder (T1) at Port Canaveral.  During our Jewel cruise we received a voice mail message that they recognized that we were sailing Wonder and would provide special tags and a transfer. It was basically the last tag number.

It was nice, though I wish they asked if we wanted the service rather than assume we did.  We drove to port, parked the car in the T5 garage, and wanted to make the transfer ourselves instead so we could make a stop in Cape Canaveral and park the car in garage 1.

The port map you saw sounds questionable if it has Jewel at T1.  I do’t know if this schedule goes far enough for your cruise, but maybe it will help

https://www.portcanaveral.com/getattachment/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules/CPA-Website-Schedule-Nov22-Mar23.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Last month we sailed Jewel (T5) followed by Wonder (T1) at Port Canaveral.  During our Jewel cruise we received a voice mail message that they recognized that we were sailing Wonder and would provide special tags and a transfer. It was basically the last tag number.

It was nice, though I wish they asked if we wanted the service rather than assume we did.  We drove to port, parked the car in the T5 garage, and wanted to make the transfer ourselves instead so we could make a stop in Cape Canaveral and park the car in garage 1.

The port map you saw sounds questionable if it has Jewel at T1.  I do’t know if this schedule goes far enough for your cruise, but maybe it will help

https://www.portcanaveral.com/getattachment/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules/CPA-Website-Schedule-Nov22-Mar23.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

did you end up taking the transfer?  we are going on the Indy next week, then the Mariner (I believe T5 and T1), if you did transfer, did they shuttle back to the original terminal for parking?  we are thinking of parking at the first terminal, debark and drive and park at the second terminal.  

2 minutes ago, Lisa&Neb said:

did you end up taking the transfer?  we are going on the Indy next week, then the Mariner (I believe T5 and T1), if you did transfer, did they shuttle back to the original terminal for parking?  we are thinking of parking at the first terminal, debark and drive and park at the second terminal.  

Check the linked schedule carefully as I don’t know your exact dates.  Indy has been at T1.  Mariner has been at T5 but will transition to T1.  Be sure you check where your Mariner cruise will return.  

No, we did not use the transfer.  We returned the transfer tags and optioned regular tags.  Our plan mirrored yours (with a stop on turnaround day in Cape Canaveral).  Wonder’s return was delayed a day due to a medical emergency, so we drove to the hotel provided by Royal, then back to returned to board Wonder the next day.  I hope that does not happen to you.

Do you want to hit the road early after your second cruise?  If so, you probably want to move the car to the correct garage.  If not, leaving it in T1 garage might save some $.  One prepays for parking in garage 1, so you will only pay for your Indy cruise; not the extra days you are on Mariner.

6 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

I’m going from an msc ship to the WOS.   
I was thinking an Uber for myself.    

We did that earlier this month, but the other way — Wonder to MSC Meraviglia.  Worked perfectly.  The Uber was around $21. 

Edited by LadyZolt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pcur said:

Thanks for the information:  I have an Oasis to Grandeur transfer to make at the Port of Miami.  I will ask Guest Relations.

FYI

We did Grandeur to Oasis this month.  Asked at guest services, they said to check outside with Royal (blue top) people.  No provided transportation.  They are about a mile and a half apart and not walkable.  We had to wait in a taxi line and pay $20 for the transfer.  We paid a mandatory pick up fee plus it took a while in traffic and then a line to get dropped off.   Not a deal breaker but disappointed there was no service for a S2S.  

PC may be totally different but don’t expect it in Miami.  If you’re going from FLL to Miami or Miami to FLL there is a free bus.  Just ask at GS.  

11 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

FYI

We did Grandeur to Oasis this month.  Asked at guest services, they said to check outside with Royal (blue top) people.  No provided transportation.  They are about a mile and a half apart and not walkable.  We had to wait in a taxi line and pay $20 for the transfer.  We paid a mandatory pick up fee plus it took a while in traffic and then a line to get dropped off.   Not a deal breaker but disappointed there was no service for a S2S.  

PC may be totally different but don’t expect it in Miami.  If you’re going from FLL to Miami or Miami to FLL there is a free bus.  Just ask at GS.  

Thank you.

I'll call Uber for the Oasis to Grandeur.  I am going from Port Everglades to POM in March, so I will ask about that transfer.

We are on the Mariner for Jan 6 and also btb for Jan.9th. Jan.6 will leave at terminal 5 and return to terminal one on Jan 9th. Royal will offer  transfers  from terminal 1 to 5 that morning. Have done this twice before on Mariner since aug. and went very well. They had  many large buses to take people and luggage and only took about twenty minutes for entire operation. We will get our car and drive back to terminal 1 and park.    Nancy & Bob

Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 10.17.45 AM.png