Multiple Appetizers in Main Dining Room

Sherry84

Hi there, we are sailing Royal in February for the first time in about 5-6 years so it's been a while. In the past we would order multiple appetizers (like 3) in the main dining room and wanted to know if anyone experienced any issues with doing so recently. We are sailing Freedom of The Seas. Thanks in advance!

On our recent Rhapsody cruise, every night our waiter always gave DH 2 appetizers. Just DH - nothing extra for anyone else on the table.   It was annoying tbh - DH didn't ask for 2 appetizers and DH was embarrassed when the waiter came to collect the uneaten extra plate.  The waiter didn't take the hint. DH said it was like the waiter was trying to gain praise (and extra tips) for this.  Our DD's were also targeted in a similar way with 2 deserts.  It was all a bit crínge.

11 hours ago, shellunderwater said:

One trip a person at our table ordered every app.  Got them all.

Issue was we all had to sit and wait for her as they didn't bring the main courses until the apps were done.

that's when it's time to speak up and tell the waiter to bring your main course. 

• Like 4

If I am not interested in any of the entrees, I will sometimes order all appetizers for dinner.  Also, the vegan menu has great offerings some nights. Also, I almost always order the fruit and cheese plate as a "floater" appetizer, meaning I nibble on it throughout dinner.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, pcur said:

If I am not interested in any of the entrees, I will sometimes order all appetizers for dinner.  Also, the vegan menu has great offerings some nights. Also, I almost always order the fruit and cheese plate as a "floater" appetizer, meaning I nibble on it throughout dinner.

Same here on several occasions.   Eat what you like.  🙂  

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 6:22 PM, shellunderwater said:

One trip a person at our table ordered every app.  Got them all.

Issue was we all had to sit and wait for her as they didn't bring the main courses until the apps were done.

This is why we always go two top tables. I dont mind that they are a foot away from the next table. We order whatever we want and dont have to wait for others to get served. It like a table for 6 as we chit chat with people at the tables either side if they are receptive , but when food comes , we eat.