Purchase Full Bottle Spirits

Los_Pepes

2 hours ago, Los_Pepes said:

Is there a way to purchase a bottle of spirits onboard a Celebrity boat to keep in my cabin?

Yes you will find it under the Drink Package section of Cruise Planner -  It's called Bar Setup.

They have a Premium and Classic Selection -  only difference is the selection.

It includes 1 Liter Bottle of your choice plus mixers.    We often book a package.

FYI,

The last three X cruises we did this year we were surprised that we could bring back bottles of booze from our shore excursions to our rooms.  We assumed they would be held until departure but they were allowed through. No attempt was made to conceal them or sneak them through.  Two cruises we had drink packages, the other we didn't so that didn't seem to be an issue.  Don't know if X changed their policy, we didn't ask.

BTW, the booze we bought was stuff we can't get back home which is why we bought it, not to drink it. Though we did open one bottle to taste since we'd never had it before,

Edited by mac66
  • Like 1

You can also do this through Celebrity Gifts if it's for someone else or you want to keep it a surprise: https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-gifts/items-results?category=SPIRIT&collection=LIQUORPKG

I ordered a bottle of Grey Goose for my parents on Millennium ahead of time. It became a comedy for days to locate the bottle as the bar dept blamed guest services and guest services blamed the bar dept. Note, oddly it was a 750 mL bottle which you never see on ships normally. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, swjumbo said:

Just decant a bottle of your favourite tipple into a water bottle and pack it in your suitcase.

Whats the worst that can happen?  You get it back at the end of the cruise! 
Simples.

Do you always encourage people to break the rules?   Where do you draw the line? 

16 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Do you always encourage people to break the rules?   Where do you draw the line? 

X broke its own rules.

during our last sail, we brought beer and liquor from two different ports and both times we took them back to the cabin. We didn’t plan to do so and tried to hand the bottles to the crew but no one wanted to take them. 

3 minutes ago, Moochi said:

X broke its own rules.

during our last sail, we brought beer and liquor from two different ports and both times we took them back to the cabin. We didn’t plan to do so and tried to hand the bottles to the crew but no one wanted to take them. 

That is significantly different than encouraging someone to try and sneak it aboard.  

If you put a bottle in your belongings and bring it aboard and they do not collect it, that is on them. But re-bottling in an effort to circumvent the rules is totally different. 

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

That is significantly different than encouraging someone to try and sneak it aboard.  

If you put a bottle in your belongings and bring it aboard and they do not collect it, that is on them. But re-bottling in an effort to circumvent the rules is totally different. 

My apologies, I thought you quoted the post that shared the experience that X failed to collect liquor at port.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, swjumbo said:

Just decant a bottle of your favourite tipple into a water bottle and pack it in your suitcase.

Whats the worst that can happen?  You get it back at the end of the cruise! 
Simples.

No, they do not give concealed alcohol back.  They confiscate it and dispose of it.

On 12/31/2022 at 3:56 PM, DaKahuna said:

Some of us might consider one of your hobbies, shooting, rather distasteful but I prefer not to judge therefore please do not judge my light hearted comment.

17 hours ago, swjumbo said:

Some of us might consider one of your hobbies, shooting, rather distasteful but I prefer not to judge therefore please do not judge my light hearted comment.

Anyone encouraging breaking the alcohol rules helps give X an excuse for stricter enforcement of rules, which can inconvenience everyone. For example, your example, if followed by many, could result in X disallowing sodas and water in suitcases and carryons. Just as on RCL sharing of drink packages led to requiring everyone in a cabin to buy a package.

So, yeah, others have the right to weigh in on ill-considered ideas.

On 12/31/2022 at 8:22 AM, DaKahuna said:

let me take a swag....Your rank in the Navy was O-?...??

Edited by mpdog42

On 1/3/2023 at 3:53 AM, swjumbo said:

And emoji or some other indication that you are being facetious would help. It looked like a serious recommendation

• Thanks 1

Renting a cabana first port day is a good way to get a bottle of booze for your room for the rest of the cruise...the prices are usually in the $100 range...and we have always asked for and gotten a liter of Grey Goose...the cabana attendant will handle this...deliver it to your cabana with your choice of mixers..you can take it to your room whenever you choose.  

These are usually found in the cruise planner, in the dining section I believe.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Renting a cabana first port day is a good way to get a bottle of booze for your room for the rest of the cruise...the prices are usually in the $100 range...and we have always asked for and gotten a liter of Grey Goose...the cabana attendant will handle this...deliver it to your cabana with your choice of mixers..you can take it to your room whenever you choose.  

These are usually found in the cruise planner, in the dining section I believe.  

For the Equinos, would this be the Alcoves - At Port? I see that in the dining section of the planner, but it does not appear to inlude alcoholic beverages. See copied info from website below. Am I misinterpreting? Thanks, everyone!

Includes:

Complimentary amenities - four bottles of water, a fresh fruit plate, hand-held fans, and chilled towels.

Important details and advisements

Additional items such as beverages, menu supplements, food and wine pairings and gratuities are not included.