CCL Share OBC documentation.

kayelbee

I have 100 CCL shares and am aware I can get OBC because of this.

I understand I have to send/email Princess with a document showing I own these shares.

I get a monthly statement (online) from my broker however my name and address do not appear on the same page as my holdings, is it as simple as I just email a copy of the  two pages of the statement to Princess, one showing my personal details and the other my holdings, will they accept that they are one and the same account?

I also understand the submission has to be done within a certain time frame, i.e. a set time from sailing, is this correct and what is that timeframe?

Many thanks

There is a shareholder benefit request form you can get on line, just query Carnival shareholder benefit request form. Email to sbpcl@princesscruises.com along with your broker statement with account number redacted. You will receive a confirmation email it was received. My credit showed up within a week. Easy peasy. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, kayelbee said:

I have 100 CCL shares and am aware I can get OBC because of this.

I understand I have to send/email Princess with a document showing I own these shares.

I get a monthly statement (online) from my broker however my name and address do not appear on the same page as my holdings, is it as simple as I just email a copy of the  two pages of the statement to Princess, one showing my personal details and the other my holdings, will they accept that they are one and the same account?

I also understand the submission has to be done within a certain time frame, i.e. a set time from sailing, is this correct and what is that timeframe?

Many thanks

Mine is over 2 pages, and I just create a PDF of the 2 applicable pages (print to PDF page 1 and 4 - the address page, and USD holdings page).

Princess is inconsistent on when you can apply.   I have received the OBC 9 months in advance, and then again received an email asking me to re-apply 1-2 months before the cruise.  I try to send it in about 4 months in advance and it is credited sometime before the cruise (anywhere between 2 hours and 21 days).

Edited by Valiamo
  • Like 1

Yes, make a copy of the statement showing your name and the ownership of the shares blacking out everything else. Attach it to an email with the required details. The email addresses and specifics are here 50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Do your reports have the account number at the top of each page? Mine does. What I have done in the past is include the page with my name and account number and the page showing the stock. I redact all information not relevant to Carnival.

Sadly it doesn't. My name and address are on the first page and then my shares are shown on page three. There's nothing to connect the two

1 hour ago, kayelbee said:

Sadly it doesn't. My name and address are on the first page and then my shares are shown on page three. There's nothing to connect the two

You need to redact your account number...I have NEVER included account number (at least 10 cruises) and have NEVER been questioned about it.

• Like 1

Yes redact anything irrelevant to CCL shares ownership - like account number. 

I recently submitted Carnival form with  second page of monthly statement as proof  , no address just name of the institution, my name, statement date and  account number ( redacted) on the page without any issues. I’ve done the same many times before.?Turn around time was 1 day, no e mail notification.  

A few years ago I spoke to the shareholder benefits dept, the representative told me they prefer you don’t send in any irreverent personal information! At that time the preferred method was fax so they don’t have to be responsible for your personal  information. 

Just applied for stockholder credit yesterday for our March 4 cruise.  Same situation...our names are on first page and stock info on page 4.  I view mine in a pdf viewer, delete pages 2 & 3, redact account numbers and save as a  different pdf.  I just sent an email to sbpcl@princesscruises.com with my name, booking number, ship name and sailing date and attached the revised pdf document with the two pages from the brokerage statement.  Account was credited today!  Very easy peasy!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 9:31 AM, kayelbee said:

Does your broker's online site allow you to generate custom reports that allow you to filter for shares and in a way that shows your address?

9 hours ago, brisalta said:

Does your broker's online site allow you to generate custom reports that allow you to filter for shares and in a way that shows your address?

That's an interesting possibility...I'm going to go check for that right now, though I've never had an issue with them accepting what I've sent in.  I have to go through some manipulation with a graphics editing software package to get to what I've been sending.  A custom report would be MUCH easier!  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 9:23 PM, Valiamo said:

Mine is over 2 pages, and I just create a PDF of the 2 applicable pages (print to PDF page 1 and 4 - the address page, and USD holdings page).

This is what I did, too.  I also redacted any dollar figures such as the month-to-month comparison and the names/symbols of other stocks on the page with the CCL stock info.

On 1/2/2023 at 7:53 PM, pklein9747 said:

Just applied for stockholder credit yesterday for our March 4 cruise.    Account was credited today!  Very easy peasy!

Princess staff is doing great.  I applied on Friday of a three day New Years weekend and was credited on the very next business day (today)!

15 minutes ago, tampabrat22 said:

I forgot to submit mine for my cruise next week!😧 Going to submit that now and keep my fingers crossed they get to me in time. 🤞

Good Luck! I just submitted ours for our Jan 16 cruise as we only just purchased the shares. If it’s too late, that’s fine, but nice if it works out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Good Luck! I just submitted ours for our Jan 16 cruise as we only just purchased the shares. If it’s too late, that’s fine, but nice if it works out.

Hoping for the best for both of us. They seem to be on top of things so I am optimistic!😃

10 minutes ago, zukecruiser said:

Submitted mine via email yesterday (1-03-23) and had the credit on my account this morning.  Fastest it's ever been.  Have a March cruise on Emerald Princess.

Wow, that's great! Hopefully they keep up that efficiency!🤞

43 minutes ago, zukecruiser said:

Submitted mine via email yesterday (1-03-23) and had the credit on my account this morning.  Fastest it's ever been.  Have a March cruise on Emerald Princess.

Guess it is hit-and-miss.  I emailed my information on 1/1/23 and still nothing yet.  I'm on the Royal in April.

7 hours ago, damiross said:

Guess it is hit-and-miss.  I emailed my information on 1/1/23 and still nothing yet.  I'm on the Royal in April.

I’m finding it hit or miss on the same bleedin request!

I have a 5 day Cabo cruise in Feb and a 10 day Alaska cruise in Sept. On Dec 19 22, I sent an email to have the OBC added to both cruises. Sod’s law was truly in action and the Sept cruise was credited that very morning, but the Feb cruise wasn’t. I had held off on booking shore excursions for the Feb cruise until I have the OBC credit applied.

I waited a few days and sent a follow up request for the Feb cruise and so far, it’s been crickets. 

I’ll follow up with a 3rd request when I get back Stateside next week. 

18 hours ago, tampabrat22 said:

Hoping for the best for both of us. They seem to be on top of things so I am optimistic!😃

Well, luck (and efficiency) was on our side. We purchased the shares Tuesday, and submitted for credit to Princess yesterday. I got an email asking for proof of shares as my attachment hadn’t gone through properly. I resent yesterday afternoon and got the credit last night. Our cruise is in 11 days so we are pretty happy it was so quick.

• Like 2