Can anybody make any sense of this? - from Cunard website

bazzaw

• One (1) photo which shows all together the Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) negative test result, government issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license) a clock displaying the time (e.g. a watch, mobile phone, wall clock) and date of testing written on a piece of paper.

I think that's pretty self-explanatory. 

Take a sheet of paper and write the date on it.

Place the RAT, a watch or somebody's phone and your liscense/passport photo page on that sheet of paper.

Take a photo.

Email that photo.

(For such eventualities I briefly enable time and location stamp on my phone's camera as a backup proof).

Of course that doesn't proof that this RAT is actually current,  and not a old negative RAT that might have been buried in a drawer somewhere...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bazzaw said:
  • One (1) photo which shows all together the Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) negative test result, government issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license) a clock displaying the time (e.g. a watch, mobile phone, wall clock) and date of testing written on a piece of paper.

Which part are you having trouble with?

Do your RAT and take a photo of the completed test with something that shows the time, your driver's licence or passport, and a piece of paper with the date written on it.

Also, I would add on the piece of paper that you might want to write 'Brisbane' as the location of the photo as the time will be different from your boarding city.

I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

Edited by LittleFish1976
additional info

Not sure what cruise line but I thought we had to do all of those things AND make it a selfie. I have never written the date, always had the time and date visible on the other phone that was in the picture. I often see people have written the date on the actual RAT test.

All variations I guess of what has been requested above but I would never risk being denied boarding so I would do exactly what they have asked.

Where does it ask you to email the photo in? The OP's post doesn't mention having to email anything?

Given the current trend on data security I wouldn't be sending an image of my ID by insecure means to anyone, let alone letting someone store it unless it was an essential part of business (keeping in mind banks do not have any reason to keep your ID on file)

• Like 1

Haven't boarded Cunard yet, but Princess has the same requirement for the RAT (and no, not emailed anywhere). You just have to have proof of the test if required to show it. For what it's worth Princess has never asked to see the proof on the three cruises I have done this year, even though I did offer to show them. I understand that it was a bit of a random thing - with some people asked for proof and others not. 

And an old RAT won't cut it as they fade. 

Edited by Aussieflyer

6 hours ago, bazzaw said:

It makes sense, and is something all of the Carnival brands ask for here. In a photo, it is to provide "supporting evidence" for your self testing RAT. It identifies:

- The RAT was taken within 24hrs of boarding 

- It is identified as your RAT, not someone else's

- It shows the test result

- It identifies as your test photo, not an image found on the web

Govt protocols only require you to say you have taken the appropriate RAT and tested negative and you should be asked to confirm that at check-in. You may be asked to show your test photo, but unlikely. Seems many are disappointed that they don't want to see their photo.

I will add, having the passport/wife's phone lock screen for time & date/test strip arranged for the photo is easy enough, but avoid using the tests you get at Coles where you are also trying to point a blue light torch while taking the photo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer said:

Haven't boarded Cunard yet, but Princess has the same requirement for the RAT (and no, not emailed anywhere). You just have to have proof of the test if required to show it. For what it's worth Princess has never asked to see the proof on the three cruises I have done this year, even though I did offer to show them. I understand that it was a bit of a random thing - with some people asked for proof and others not. 

And an old RAT won't cut it as they fade. 

Not mine! I still have three negatives and two positives clear as day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

It makes sense, and is something all of the Carnival brands ask for here. In a photo, it is to provide "supporting evidence" for your self testing RAT. It identifies:

- The RAT was taken within 24hrs of boarding 

- It is identified as your RAT, not someone else's

- It shows the test result

- It identifies as your test photo, not an image found on the web

Govt protocols only require you to say you have taken the appropriate RAT and tested negative and you should be asked to confirm that at check-in. You may be asked to show your test photo, but unlikely. Seems many are disappointed that they don't want to see their photo.

I will add, having the passport/wife's phone lock screen for time & date/test strip arranged for the photo is easy enough, but avoid using the tests you get at Coles where you are also trying to point a blue light torch while taking the photo.

Yes - the first set of tests we had needed the ultraviolet torch - a right PITA.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

I have always disposed of my used tests - both positive and negative - but have been told they do begin to fade after about 15 mins. Maybe not though.

The warning with the tests states that the result is no longer valid after 15 minutes, but several of us on this forum have found that the result stays the same over a long period - hours, days, weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

No, these Hough kits are still available at Coles.

Absolutely are.  I asked my DIL if she wanted some kits just before Christmas as I got quite a few from school.  She wanted to make sure that they were not the ones that you had to use the UV light for as that was what the Coles staff had been given to use and they were a PITA.  I hadn't even heard about them until then.  If the parents at schools had been given those there would be no way that as many kids would have been tested as they were, and as it was we still had plenty of left over kits as once kids had tested positive they didn't need to test again for a while so didn't bother taking them home.

• Like 2