How to book club class?

Lillith80

I recently booked my first Princess cruise for fall 2023. I booked a mini-suite, but I just read about the "club class" mini-suite option. It was not an option for the cruise I booked (and i just double-checked that). Is that normal? Is "club class" only available on certain cruises? 

There are Club Class mini suites on all Princess ships—but only specific cabins are designated as Club Class.  They are generally in a preferred location on each ship.  But as previously posted, Club Class mini suites often sell out quickly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lillith80 said:

I recently booked my first Princess cruise for fall 2023. I booked a mini-suite, but I just read about the "club class" mini-suite option. It was not an option for the cruise I booked (and i just double-checked that). Is that normal? Is "club class" only available on certain cruises? 

You may have an option, after final payment to do an upgrade to a club class mini.  Usually, they send out upgrade offers about 85 days before sailing, or about 5 days after final payment.

Or, watch your cruise to see if a CC mini opens up before your final payment.  You never know.

Update: I went ahead and contacted Princess (via chat) and they were able to upgrade me to club class. As some of you mentioned, it is a different cabin (midship rather than the forward cabin I originally had).

Thank you all for the input. I was totally clueless on this topic! 

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Great!

I hope you do understand Club Class.  The dining perks are the biggest thing.

Which ship and cabin?

For me, I would love a CC Mini,  but be aware, on the Royal Class ships, of those on the upper decks, just under the sea-walk bump outs.

Yes, beware! They have larger balconies! 😂

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Glad you got it straightened out!  We've done CC just once, on the Sky.  Really liked it but now we're leaning toward booking a bit more frugally in order to squeeze in more cruises!  Our money tree fell victim to drought a couple summers back! 😄

we got a fantastic deal on a CC on the SKY 2 years ago. This year we did regular Mini on the Regal because the CC was what I thought way to expensive. I doubt we will do CC again

10 minutes ago, dave_k58 said:

We have done Club CLass on the Riviera deck on the SKY.  The balconies were NOT larger - they were very tiny

We're discussing the ones under the Sea Walk...?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

We have done Club CLass on the Riviera deck on the SKY.  The balconies were NOT larger - they were very tiny

Club Class has nothing to do with the size of the balcony.

• Like 2

Was the club class dining experience and food choices much better than regular service?  What were other benefits of Club Class that made it special for you?   We are booked on Club Class mini on Enchanted May 6, 2023.   I didn't feel we needed to go CC but my husband insisted.  I am looking to understand what to expect.   Our last cruise was 6 years ago.   

3 hours ago, LPG27 said:

Was the club class dining experience and food choices much better than regular service?  What were other benefits of Club Class that made it special for you?   We are booked on Club Class mini on Enchanted May 6, 2023.   I didn't feel we needed to go CC but my husband insisted.  I am looking to understand what to expect.   Our last cruise was 6 years ago.   

The best part about CC dining is the ability to stroll into the CC dining area at any time, normally to roughly the same area,  have the same wait staff, and eat as slowly as you wanted. Service was more personalised ( my extra large glass of Merlot was delivered without me needling to order it affer the second night) plus "tweaking" the menu in terms of mixing and matching items was easily done. 

However, much as we enjoyed the experience,  and are glad we did it once, in our opinion the price premium for CC is too high for the additiinal benefits.  

• Like 2

CC dining is much better than standard MDR. Better service, no wait and some of the “extra” entrees are really excellent. On different ships they are different. On the Majestic we had a steak Diane and another beef dish stuffed with blue cheese. On the Ruby there was a lamb chop dish that was even better than the one at the Crown Grille

• Like 2

We recently sailed on the Enchanted.  Club class, Suite, and General dining are all in the same Capri dining room with a section or two of the dining room dedicated to the CC / Suite passengers.  That's all. There is no separate CC dining room as in our previous experience.  However CC and suite passengers will be seated immediately. Similar to the "priority boarding line" at the airport, the General seating line is right next to the cc/suite line at the door.

As far as the menu and service go, it is no different.  We were not required to stick with the same waiter the entire trip.  We preferred a window table and some days we had a different waiter but still in the cc / suite area.

We loved a separate CC dining room.  The decors were much more elegant there i remember.

Edited by CeCe_