Bed Headboard Facing Forward or Aft

Loracpin2

This is probably a crazy question but I'm hoping someone can help me ASAP.  We are trying to book a cabin on a June 2023 Oasis sailing. Current options are Cabins 10192 port side and 10592 starboard and Jr. Suites 10626 and 10636 starboard.   

I suffer from motion sickness and my body must face forward when lying in bed. If anyone can help me figure this out , I would be etremely grateful!!!!! 
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:
This is probably a crazy question but I'm hoping someone can help me ASAP.  We are trying to book a cabin on a June 2023 Oasis sailing. Current options are Cabins 10192 port side and 10592 starboard and Jr. Suites 10626 and 10636 starboard.   

I suffer from motion sickness and my body must face forward when lying in bed. If anyone can help me figure this out , I would be etremely grateful!!!!! 

Unless you look out a window you can't tell which way is forward unless the ship is moving.

Edited by cruisinfanatic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

If you can't find a photo for that cabin, find one near it. Then whatever bed configuration that one is, you can do the math to your cabin since they tend to alternate bed positions every other cabin.

I wish the Royal Caribbean Cabin Information Compilation on the RCI boards provided the same detail that the Celebrity board provides for each class of ships. 

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

Both 10192 and 10592 you will be facing forward.

10192 will have the bed by the bath and on the left side of the cabin as you enter while 10592 will have the bed by the balcony and the bed on the right as you enter the cabin. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I get seasick if I don't medicate on a ship, but I can't tell which way the ship is going when I lay down.  In fact, when I am seasick, laying down makes me feel a lot better regardless of which direction the bed is.   What confuses the inner ear is the motion not matching up to what you are seeing.  As in, seeing water and feeling movement but not able to process the perspective.  It's why people can watch the horizon while moving and not get sick.   I can ride a train backwards also with no issue or meds.  One thing they tell people to do when they feel seasick is to lay down and sleep.    Last time I was seasick in 30 foot seas, I went to bed and slept for 12 straight hours, which I never do otherwise.

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

Here is a video of 10636.  I couldn't find anything on the other cabins you listed.

47 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

10192 will have the bed by the bath and on the left side of the cabin as you enter while 10592 will have the bed by the balcony and the bed on the right as you enter the cabin. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One more question! Where did you get this info and for future reference are you able to share the link? Thank you again!

Just now, Loracpin2 said:

One more question! Where did you get this info and for future reference are you able to share the link? Thank you again!

There is no link other than several threads on here about bed placements.

Oasis class are all the same.

Cabins are built in pairs. If you find a connecting cabin that is a pair.  Also a cabin that holds 3 is 4 guests us the left cabin of a pair.

Once you find a pair you can work your way down the hallway in pairs until you get to your cabin. 

In the pair the cabin on the right will have the bed by the balcony and the headboard against the right wall as you enter.  The cabin on the left will have the bed by the bath and headboard on the left wall as you enter.

I'm not singling out anyone that has posted in this thread.  However, I believe that for some it may be more psychological than physical.  If I was hoodwinked, before entering the ship and taken to a cabin with the blinds drawn and told to lay in bed and tell someone which way the bow is and which way the stern is, once the ship was moving, I don't believe I could do it.  I'm sure some would say you can tell from the rocking motion of the ship, bow to stern.  But, what if it is following seas?  The stern raises before the bow?  

Once you enter the cabin, normally, you know which way the bow is and which way the stern is.  So, it is a know factor.  

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I'm not singling out anyone that has posted in this thread.  However, I believe that for some it may be more psychological than physical.  If I was hoodwinked, before entering the ship and taken to a cabin with the blinds drawn and told to lay in bed and tell someone which way the bow is and which way the stern is, once the ship was moving, I don't believe I could do it.  I'm sure some would say you can tell from the rocking motion of the ship, bow to stern.  But, what if it is following seas?  The stern raises before the bow?  

Once you enter the cabin, normally, you know which way the bow is and which way the stern is.  So, it is a know factor.  

That is exactly almost word for word the discussion that DH and I just had lol.  He's a retired US Naval Captain, so he has some experience.

• Like 2

Just now, BND said:

That is exactly almost word for word the discussion that DH and I just had lol.  He's a retired US Naval Captain, so he has some experience.

I'm a good friend with a retired U.S. Naval Captain.  He's never spent a day as sea, he's a dentist, spent most of his time in USMC bases.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Unless you have a compass in your head, no you can't

This.  The body does not detect speed or constant motion, only acceleration.  If the ship is moving at a constant speed, you can't tell which direction.  Just like being on an airplane at ~450 knots.  If you're not accelerating in SOME direction, you don't feel motion.

• Like 1