ODYSSEY vs HARMONY

bugtyler2

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Did the central park cafe not make specialty coffee at certain hours? I just did allure and the park cafe made specialty coffee, though I'm not sure of the hours. 

They did not have an espresso machine when we were on Harmony in September. I am fairly certain you could get regular brewed coffee but not lattes, cappuccinos, etc.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 8:30 PM, renza said:

I was posting on the person who said wonder is a whole other story. That wonder is so much wider. It’s a few feet difference on all oasis class. Nothing that will ever be noticed 

I originally compared Wonder to Odyssey after taking a picture of both of them side by side, which was the reason for my comment. I was not trying to compare it to Harmony at all, just that Wonder was very, very wide. When we cruised on Wonder, the Promenade felt a lot wider than the other Oasis class ships but it has been awhile since we've cruised an Oasis class ship; however, Wonder is a lot wider compared to Odyssey. Sorry for any misunderstanding. I know what I was thinking but probably didn't describe it very well. Forgive me, I'm getting older! LOL! Cheers!

https://cruisespotlight.com/compare/royal-caribbean-wonder-of-the-seas-vs-royal-caribbean-odyssey-of-the-seas/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2022 at 10:23 PM, Merion_Mom said:

I don't understand this desire to be able to "look from one end of the Royal Promenade to the other."

That's just me being a "Mrs Kravitz" (from the Bewitched TV series many, many moons ago)! Tom and I usually spend quite a bit of time at the pub and enjoy (at least I do) people watching. On the Promenades, you can see from one end to the other but on the Esplanade, it's cut up/jagged and walls get in the way. No big deal, just an observation. We'll be on Odyssey for my 70th birthday in February and I'm sure we'll both enjoy being on Odyssey again!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It just flows better, and the hot stations are at the entrance. More variety

Is the bread and or breakfast goodies station still in front at the entrance.  Did they have made to order omelet plus waffle station(s) for breakfast and made to order pasta and pizza stations for lunch.

Edited by nelblu

31 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

which ship is better for two grandboys, ages 4 and 6?

I would think either ship really; however, if they enjoy video games, etc., I would lean towards Odyssey for the techy/lazer light type shows that they may enjoy! Find videos for both ships and let them watch, so you can decide together! Plenty of fun stuff on either ship IMO! Happy cruising!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonthomas said:

which ship is better for two grandboys, ages 4 and 6?

At that age, it makes no difference. They are to young for all the "bells and whistles" and the kids clubs are basically the same across the fleet. 

We cruised with our kids every year from the time they were 6 and 7(20-22) they loved any ship we were on.

one factor I've not seen mentioned yet: for me smaller is better ...... on ODY in Nov we never felt the 'crush' so typical of OASIS class. Yes, I'm spoiled having discovered VIKING river and ocean as our now 'first choice' line but the Thanksgiving cruise was a family outing with each family paying their own way so it was a compromise . . . I REALLY noticed the lower pass' count in virtually every aspect as compared to our OASIS class cruises. AND BTW ... one of our parties was a single cruiser and ODY offers single person cabins! It was crazy small but a better choice as compared to 34' son sharing with parents or paying single supplement . . . my way of thinking anywho.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 5:55 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Harmony is 122 feet at the beam, Wonder is 137 feet at the beam.  Icon will be the widest at 213 feet. 

Yep, I'm fairly sure that each Oasis Class ship that came out exceeded the size of the previous one, BY A LITTLE.

There are some interesting stats, if you are interested, here:

https://cruisespotlight.com/compare/royal-caribbean-harmony-of-the-seas-vs-royal-caribbean-wonder-of-the-seas/

But, as usual, statistics are made for those who make them or want/pay for them.  Several sites show Harmony's Beam being smaller than Wander's.  But, you can't argue with Royal's own information, I guess.