Carnival military Benefit

Can confirm.  Carnival has made that decision for the AU market not US.

Thus when they had a Military Appreciation Day on Carnival Splendor I made sure the sickeningly gushing Cruise Director knew just how appreciated I felt.  Her response was nothing more than spin.

I only found out after I had booked, I will not be back purely based on the principle of the matter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Off google

The total value of the Carnival military can be around $20 to $200 per person. However, the total discount depends on the price of the cruise.23 Aug 2022

Yes - it has always depended on the length of cruise - my question is - has it been cancelled here in Oz?? 

4 hours ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

Can confirm.  Carnival has made that decision for the AU market not US.

Thus when they had a Military Appreciation Day on Carnival Splendor I made sure the sickeningly gushing Cruise Director knew just how appreciated I felt.  Her response was nothing more than spin.

I only found out after I had booked, I will not be back purely based on the principle of the matter.

The US market never had it for Carnival Cruises. Yes, I was surprised about that too. Uncle Les thought he would stir the pot about it on the Carnival board when we found it had been taken away here, only to find out they weren't upset at all about us missing out on what they never had. 

13 hours ago, arxcards said:

To follow-up. US military can get a discount on selected Carnival cruises, but never OBC. Now we get neither.

Frankly, although I have received the benefit many times over the last several years, I have always been surprised about it. Why? - because Carnival Corp are an American Company and American Society is not Australian Society. I served in the Australian Military for 20 years RAAF and RAN  and am not recognised by Australian Society as a "veteran'. I am only a mere Ex-Serviceman - big difference!!!!  😞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubbeh said:

Mr Bubbeh will be annoyed!  He's a veteran from the marble drop of 1970.  Anyone remember those days?

I do, I was in the Nasho lottery in 1968.  My birthday marble did not come out but I was exempt anyway having just done 3 years in the British Army. The policy was if you had served with other Commonwealth forces you were exempt from Nashos here. But I did 6 years in the CMF (Army Reserve) anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbeh said:

Mr Bubbeh will be annoyed!  He's a veteran from the marble drop of 1970.  Anyone remember those days?

I was too young for that.

Mum has always said my older brother missed out by being born 3 hours into the next day.

Of course, we would be patriotic and fail the medical.

• Haha 1

I am much too young but I am  glad conscription is a thing of the past here. I feel that if they offer discounts or OBC for military service, it should apply to anyone who has had service, and if not all, then especially in the countries where they are home ported. I.e, if sailing out of Sydney then Ausies should get it too.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I am much too young but I am  glad conscription is a thing of the past here. I feel that if they offer discounts or OBC for military service, it should apply to anyone who has had service, and if not all, then especially in the countries where they are home ported. I.e, if sailing out of Sydney then Ausies should get it too.

At least Princess is still giving it to us, but for how much longer?

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

At least Princess is still giving it to us, but for how much longer?

Agree, and who know how long for ... but the original question was about Carnival.

So lets just stick the boots (pun intended) into em here and leave Princess for their own thread.

On 1/3/2023 at 12:09 PM, bazzaw said:

Frankly, although I have received the benefit many times over the last several years, I have always been surprised about it. Why? - because Carnival Corp are an American Company and American Society is not Australian Society. I served in the Australian Military for 20 years RAAF and RAN  and am not recognised by Australian Society as a "veteran'. I am only a mere Ex-Serviceman - big difference!!!!  😞

You most definitely are a Veteran.  image.thumb.png.cce15d2d4c0568c58119ced962390de3.png

12 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

You most definitely are a Veteran.  image.thumb.png.cce15d2d4c0568c58119ced962390de3.png

Perhaps there have been some changes regarding this ? Will check it out later today - thanks for the input. I am "suspecting" that these will turn out to be just words - it is what is offered that counts. Gold Card , etc ?? I am not actually looking for anything - as I have no negative physical effects from my 20 years of Military Service. 

3 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Perhaps there have been some changes regarding this ? Will check it out later today - thanks for the input. I am "suspecting" that these will turn out to be just words - it is what is offered that counts. Gold Card , etc ?? I am not actually looking for anything - as I have no negative physical effects from my 20 years of Military Service. 

Good luck with your enquiries. 

DVA Website states that the new Veteran Card is available to anyone who has  served in the ADF with at least one day of continuous full time service.