disembarkation day - latest time to leave the ship

Taykee1

Hi,

Cruising in June 2023 arriving seattle from Alaskan Cruise. We are training it to Vancouver on day of disembarkation. I have been looking at catching the 10.45 am train. Now considering catching the later train at 1.45pm so we can relax in the morning and have a nice breakfast. What is the latest time we can leave the ship. I was thinking if we can stay until around 11am and just take our time might be a nicer way than rushing brekky and getting to Amtrak station for 10.45 am train.  Thanks for any advise. 

Last call depends on how full the ship is.  I have managed to be one of the last off at 10 - 10:30 AM.  That would be about the latest call.

I have also scheduled 9:30 departures that have a last call at 8:30 since the ship was sailing at 60% capacity.  

But you are wise to have a leisurely morning and walk off after the crowds.  Easier to find your luggage.  No rush to get to the train.  Maybe even have time for a quick lunch.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Taykee1 said:

What is the latest time we can leave the ship. I was thinking if we can stay until around 11am

New guests will be boarding at 11am ! You will be booted off the ship long before then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Taykee1 said:

Hi,

Cruising in June 2023 arriving seattle from Alaskan Cruise. We are training it to Vancouver on day of disembarkation. I have been looking at catching the 10.45 am train. Now considering catching the later train at 1.45pm so we can relax in the morning and have a nice breakfast. What is the latest time we can leave the ship. I was thinking if we can stay until around 11am and just take our time might be a nicer way than rushing brekky and getting to Amtrak station for 10.45 am train.  Thanks for any advise. 

Last call is usually by 930 am.  Out of the rooms by 830 am.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also are you hoping to ride the train or will you settle for a bus.  Pre Covid there were only two actual trains, one in morning the other in the afternoon.  The rest were all buses. Not sure what the mode is now.

• Thanks 1

Probably around 9:30. Any later would delay the boarding process for new passengers. There really is no relaxation that day. Breakfast times are normally moved earlier and service comes fairly quickly. The goal is to move you out. You then wait in one of the crowded waiting areas.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Breakfast usually closes by 0830.  Nothing relaxing about the last day.  EM

Unless you're in a suite...you still are off by 9-9:30 but if you're in a royal class ship you can wait in the peaceful concierge lounge and have the concierge take you down when you're ready, avoiding the hustle and bustle.

• Thanks 1

Latest I have gotten off is around 9:30AM. Never go to any of the lounges and just work a deal with the stewart/tip him to allow us to enjoy the balcony while he makes up the room. We always request the latest time and roll down shortly after that and straight off the ship.

• Thanks 1

As all the others pointed out, the morning of debarkation is not a relaxing and mellow time after maybe around 6:30am.

The ship is not a good place to kill time waiting for your later travel plans. Your kicked out of your room early, every open space inside ship is packed, and food service is cut short.

They really need everyone off the ship for turnaround in order to get ready for all the incoming passengers (try to remember how ship was when you first boarded).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1