I worry about Venezia being delayed June 19th.

ALSPAUGHDOLL

I am super excited to be sailing on the Venezia on June 19th.   This will be the 2nd sailing after coming out of dry dock,  I have started to think about the many times I have read about ships being delayed coming out of dry dock.   I am hopefully overthinking all of this.  However, there are still a lot of delays in product and labor shortages and I don't think it is that crazy of a worry.  This will be the 4th summer in a row we have taken a handful of extra kids on a summer vacation and this will more than likely be the last summer we do it as the kids start graduating this year.    I am sure we could switch gears if we needed to but I would be so sad if we had to.     Any thoughts/experiences? 

I think there has only been one ship that was delayed in a dry dock.  Most of the delays were in ships that were brand new like the Mardi Gras and the Jubilee.  The Venezia transatlantic is still on the website and showing on the port schedules so I think you are okay. Those of us who were worried were about a delay in a dray dock were concerned because the Pride sailing post-dry dock is not on the Carnival website, only showing up on SOME of the port schedules (albeit, some are not posted yet), and when asked if the sailing was going ahead, Carnival was being evasive. 

20 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I think there has only been one ship that was delayed in a dry dock.  Most of the delays were in ships that were brand new like the Mardi Gras and the Jubilee.  The Venezia transatlantic is still on the website and showing on the port schedules so I think you are okay. Those of us who were worried were about a delay in a dray dock were concerned because the Pride sailing post-dry dock is not on the Carnival website, only showing up on SOME of the port schedules (albeit, some are not posted yet), and when asked if the sailing was going ahead, Carnival was being evasive. 

Oh no that doesn't sound good.   This is more than just a dry dock for the Venezia.  I am probably overthinking all of this.

I'm not sure if you should worry.  We just got an email today to be sure to book our specialty dining for the Jubilee TA they canceled a few weeks ago.
I've never gotten a cancellation notice and it's still in my list of active cruises.
We've had so many carnival cruises canceled that I even wonder if our 15 day cruise on Venezia in September will actually go

June 19 is the third sailing, there’s a 4 day to Bermuda that leaves the 15th, two days after it arrives. With that said and mentioned above, the ship had been out of service since December 1, so it has plenty of time between now and the end of May to have dry dock work complete. 

I'm on this cruise too. (6/19)  Never even thought of this!  But this is a good time to give you a heads up: I booked steak house in October when I booked the cruise.  It wasn't showing up in my planner.  Finally called and any excursions booked via Magic were cancelled and refunded  which I was not informed about and didn't notice on my CC statement.  So if you booked anything on Magic, rebook on Venezia!

It currently has a Cucina del Capitano as the Italian option on Venezia, but I thought they were introducing a new Italian restaurant on Venezia.  Do you think reservations made at Capitano now would transfer to the new restaurant?  I am thinking no, as I bet the price for the new restaurant will be more than they charge for Cucina.

15 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

I'm on this cruise too. (6/19)  Never even thought of this!  But this is a good time to give you a heads up: I booked steak house in October when I booked the cruise.  It wasn't showing up in my planner.  Finally called and any excursions booked via Magic were cancelled and refunded  which I was not informed about and didn't notice on my CC statement.  So if you booked anything on Magic, rebook on Venezia!

thats very strange. that is now how it suppose to work. in the various emails they sent it said everything will be transferred over to the venezia

then again with the way how carnival handled this ship switch and from my experience with getting a cabin downgrade, nothing surprises me at all now

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

thats very strange. that is now how it suppose to work. in the various emails they sent it said everything will be transferred over to the venezia

then again with the way how carnival handled this ship switch and from my experience with getting a cabin downgrade, nothing surprises me at all now

Yea, I was never even informed they changed from Magic to Venezia!!!  I only learned from here.  I've been checking few times a day for steak house reservations to show up.  Finally called and they told me it was cancelled and refunded which I checked and saw they did on my CC.  So I rebooked.  But just making sure everyone is aware.  If you booked something that's not showing up in your planner, call them and check.  I thought my reservation would "eventually show up.'  Glad I double checked.  

We are on this Sailing as well 6/19. Have 2 rooms and driving to port. Best not be cancelled as this is our first sailing with Grand children. Looked at booking now and saw Green Egg's and Ham breakfast sold out already. I'll be in trouble if it real is.

On 1/5/2023 at 6:42 AM, shof515 said:

When I was switched over from another boat to the Splendor on a cruise last year, Carnival canceled me and I had to rebook excursions that were the exact same excursions on the same day.  

I'm not worried about it being delayed so much as the entire crew just having just joined a new to Carnival ship and service not being up to par as they find their rhythm. Most first revenue sailings have some rust to shake off until the crew finds their groove and the best way to do things.  We purposely waited until later in the summer to sail her the first time as we figured the first few sailings may not be optimal. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 9:21 PM, MaryZ said:

I'm not sure if you should worry.  We just got an email today to be sure to book our specialty dining for the Jubilee TA they canceled a few weeks ago.
I've never gotten a cancellation notice and it's still in my list of active cruises.
We've had so many carnival cruises canceled that I even wonder if our 15 day cruise on Venezia in September will actually go

We are on the 15-day in September as well.  Super excited!

On 1/4/2023 at 10:21 PM, MaryZ said:

We will also be on the 15 day end of September. We have zero worries that this cruise will be canceled. See you on board! 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We will also be on the 15 day end of September. We have zero worries that this cruise will be canceled. See you on board! 😎

I'll be on the 6 day Canada cruise before you leave.  I'll make sure they have some food left for you.

Edited by skywalkr2
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2023 at 3:00 PM, BroadwayGirl said:

I'm not worried about it being delayed so much as the entire crew just having just joined a new to Carnival ship and service not being up to par as they find their rhythm. Most first revenue sailings have some rust to shake off until the crew finds their groove and the best way to do things.  We purposely waited until later in the summer to sail her the first time as we figured the first few sailings may not be optimal. 

I didn't even think of that!  I am not fussy though, you will find me sitting on the side of the pool talking to anyone that will talk to me!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 1:48 PM, ALSPAUGHDOLL said:

I am super excited to be sailing on the Venezia on June 19th.   This will be the 2nd sailing after coming out of dry dock,  I have started to think about the many times I have read about ships being delayed coming out of dry dock.   I am hopefully overthinking all of this.  However, there are still a lot of delays in product and labor shortages and I don't think it is that crazy of a worry.  This will be the 4th summer in a row we have taken a handful of extra kids on a summer vacation and this will more than likely be the last summer we do it as the kids start graduating this year.    I am sure we could switch gears if we needed to but I would be so sad if we had to.     Any thoughts/experiences? 

I understand why you are worried and that's why I don't like to book on the first 2 cruises. However, in this case you will be fine. The ship is currently out of service and they can start work early if needs be. Just make sure you leave everything spanking new so when I go on it in July I can enjoy it 🙂

• Like 1