No more discount on internet for Platinum and Elite?

chubbypiggy

33 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

I have updated. I think the problem is we are elite (76 cruises)and the appl shows us as Blue.  I  told my travel agent and she said she will look into it.This has been wrong for a year and calling in the past has done nothing. We have had six cruises showing us as Blue so that never changes. I did order Medallions this evening and the order is correct showing Black.So the appl only recognizes some thing correctly for us.

For our 10 day eclipse cruise with you on Discovery I now see the correct amounts after the recent app update however being 449 days out not purchasing it now.

01898C5C-FA23-4784-96DE-B0E6EAF1C260.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

I too can now see an Internet plan to purchase* on my Feb 20 2023 five day Cabo cruise. Previously it had shown the “no Internet plans to purchase” error.

The plan is showing at $125 for the five days, which is crossed out and a new total of $62.50: is being quoted. I sail the day of the price increase and I have the plus plan. $125 for five days without discount would indicate that they are charging $40 a day, then giving a $15 a day credit for plus (new price for 1 device after Feb 20) to make it $25 per day and then applying the Elite 50% discount to get to an extra $12.50 per day.

Significantly higher than the $5 a day I paid for the additional 3 devices on my Nov 22 TATL. For such a short cruise I’ll pass this go round and make do with disconnecting-reconnecting multiple devices. 

*I have not updated my android version of the medallion app since before the Nov 22 TATL and I still see the new plan info.

4 hours ago, san diego sue said:

I have updated. I think the problem is we are elite (76 cruises)and the appl shows us as Blue.  I  told my travel agent and she said she will look into it.This has been wrong for a year and calling in the past has done nothing. We have had six cruises showing us as Blue so that never changes. I did order Medallions this evening and the order is correct showing Black.So the appl only recognizes some thing correctly for us.

I can’t believe they never fixed this.  I would email IT and tell him you’ve had a blue loyalty status for a year on the App.  

Give your full names, dob, ship and sail date, type of phone you have.  He will want to look at your record on the App.

Just state what has been going on for a year.

A360ad7@carnival.com

I don’t qualify for a discount but I’m glad I checked this thread. It had not occurred to me that I could switch devices. I was a little bummed thinking I would have to choose between my phone and tablet. Thanks to those who mentioned switching and how easily and quickly it can be accomplished.

6 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

For our 10 day eclipse cruise with you on Discovery I now see the correct amounts after the recent app update however being 449 days out not purchasing it now.

01898C5C-FA23-4784-96DE-B0E6EAF1C260.jpeg

So, if you want to order a package for two people (two devices) what do you do?  Does each person need to access the app under their own name and purchase their own 1 Device package?  I had a lovely conversation with an 'Ocean Navigator' agent yesterday about the problems I'm having with a side-to-side this coming December and she assured me that everything has been properly arranged for both cruises and I have nothing to be concerned about.  She did say though, that I should check again about one month before departure.  Hmmm... I don't like to be negative but I am a wee bit sceptical about the 'everything is properly arranged' statement.

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I can’t believe they never fixed this.  I would email IT and tell him you’ve had a blue loyalty status for a year on the App.  

Give your full names, dob, ship and sail date, type of phone you have.  He will want to look at your record on the App.

Just state what has been going on for a year.

A360ad7@carnival.com

Funny I had contacted my travel agent about this. She just checked and she couldn't get discount on her device either. She updated her appl and still no discount. Oops she is also blue not elite on her appl. She has over 2,000  days with Princess.When will Princess  take care of this glitch. Would save a huge amount of phone calls especially now that we can't get our discounts on internet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Same for me.  Numerous calls and emails to Princess, including the medallion app team, has resulted in nothing.  Their answer is always to just pay full price and get the discount in obc.  Or that they're working on it and will get to it when they get to it.  Before the last cruise, I explained that I had a cruise coming up soon and wanted to purchase wifi and their response was we're aware of the issue but probably won't have it fixed prior to your voyage.  Lucking my husband's app suddenly started reflecting his elite status so we can purchase discounted internet using his app.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, d9704011 said:

So, if you want to order a package for two people (two devices) what do you do?  Does each person need to access the app under their own name and purchase their own 1 Device package?

I have no experience with purchasing two 1 device packages because my wife & I share one package. My guess would be that each person would need to purchase a package on their own app although I am not going to risk purchasing a package now to know if it’s possible for one person to purchase two 1 device packages & hopefully someone knows that answer.

Previously the cost for purchasing two 1 device packages was the same as the 4 device package. Now that isn’t true which for my 10 day cruise the 4 device plan is $200 ($20/day) or $150 ($15/day) for two 1 device packages. For us the 1 device plan we share has increased from $5/day to $7.50/day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Funny I had contacted my travel agent about this. She just checked and she couldn't get discount on her device either. She updated her appl and still no discount. Oops she is also blue not elite on her appl. She has over 2,000  days with Princess.When will Princess  take care of this glitch. Would save a huge amount of phone calls especially now that we can't get our discounts on internet.

Crazy.  This is the 3rd or 4th time they have updated the App and caused more problems for the loyalty status and the MedallionNet.

I did get a fix from the IT witb the email I gave you. This was on our Nov/Dec cruise. 

It would definitely help the phone line situation, you’re right.  The IT guy said he was getting a lot of emails about it. Hmmm

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

Same for me.  Numerous calls and emails to Princess, including the medallion app team, has resulted in nothing.  Their answer is always to just pay full price and get the discount in obc.  Or that they're working on it and will get to it when they get to it.  Before the last cruise, I explained that I had a cruise coming up soon and wanted to purchase wifi and their response was we're aware of the issue but probably won't have it fixed prior to your voyage.  Lucking my husband's app suddenly started reflecting his elite status so we can purchase discounted internet using his app.  

Do it quickly. 😳

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 4:08 PM, ldtr said:

I use 3 different devices and my wife uses one, but will still go with two plans because I only actually use 1 at any given time (My cell phone, An old cell phone that I only use for wifi and as an e-book reader around the ship, and a tablet).  Takes about 10 seconds to switch the account to another device.  for 27 days it is $135  so that $5 per day adds up.  In my case we have 92 days booked so it becomes $460.  For that I can switch when I pick up another device.  

It takes a few seconds to switch between devices - just off a cruise on Sunday and did it all the time. no big deal.  Give it a shot!

7 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Crazy.  This is the 3rd or 4th time they have updated the App and caused more problems for the loyalty status and the MedallionNet.

I did get a fix from the IT witb the email I gave you. This was on our Nov/Dec cruise. 

It would definitely help the phone line situation, you’re right.  The IT guy said he was getting a lot of emails about it. Hmmm

I will try the email. Thank you. My travel agent today was told by Navigator that they couldn't fix the problem.First she was on hold with Princess and the call back feature had them calling her back several hours later. Then they connected her with Navigator and same thing but they did call back in a bout an hour. All for nothing because couldn't fix it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

I will try the email. Thank you. My travel agent today was told by Navigator that they couldn't fix the problem.First she was on hold with Princess and the call back feature had them calling her back several hours later. Then they connected her with Navigator and same thing but they did call back in a bout an hour. All for nothing because couldn't fix it.

I will try too

thank you

9 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Interesting.  When you email them, please ask that question.  Can they fix that problem?  I know they can, because they turned mine back to black. 

On 1/10/2023 at 1:42 AM, san diego sue said:

I had the same issue. You have to open a ticket and it took over a week to fix. The regular Princess reps can’t help you.

I have called multiple times, did on-line chat and emailed the address posted on here.  The email was sent on December 7 and I received a reply December 12 telling me they have forwarded the information for them to figure out what was wrong and not to worry it would be sorted out by the time I sail.  Well I sail on Sunday and nothing has been done.  I finally purchased the wifi paying full price and just hope I will easily receive the 50% back once on board.  I have always had a package before so never worried about this.  I last sailed in October and to be honest, I don't know what it showed then.

34 minutes ago, mfanderso said:

I have called multiple times, did on-line chat and emailed the address posted on here.  The email was sent on December 7 and I received a reply December 12 telling me they have forwarded the information for them to figure out what was wrong and not to worry it would be sorted out by the time I sail.  Well I sail on Sunday and nothing has been done.  I finally purchased the wifi paying full price and just hope I will easily receive the 50% back once on board.  I have always had a package before so never worried about this.  I last sailed in October and to be honest, I don't know what it showed then.

It does state on the website, that you will get the 50% loyalty discount once OB.  Would you please report back on this thread, if they will refund the discount to you, or if it’s an OBC?  
TIA

23 hours ago, san diego sue said:

My situation is even worse than your travel agents....not only am I  now blue and not elite and my app is showing that I can purchase internet at full price like your agent, but  I had already purchased the 4 device plan before the price change with my elite discount!  The internet purchase  is showing on my travel summary and I have screen shots of everything so I hope that someone will figure out how to correct it. I sent an email to the address posted here and will wait to see if it gets corrected. Not happy!

45 minutes ago, LImom said:

My situation is even worse than your travel agents....not only am I  now blue and not elite and my app is showing that I can purchase internet at full price like your agent, but  I had already purchased the 4 device plan before the price change with my elite discount!  The internet purchase  is showing on my travel summary and I have screen shots of everything so I hope that someone will figure out how to correct it. I sent an email to the address posted here and will wait to see if it gets corrected. Not happy!

Don’t do anything, just hold tight.  It should correct itself.  I’m am counting on that. 😳 

Well, it has been reported anyway.

53 minutes ago, LImom said:

I would report it.

I did not have all that happening.  I also take a paper copy to show of my Travel summary & any other purchases made.

36 minutes ago, LImom said:

if you purchased before and it is on your booking confirmation you are fine. 

The problem with the status in the app is due to conflicting information in the various databases. for example medallion when I am off ship show me as blue, when I am on ship it is black, Princess main database shows me as black.

Back in December I used Chay and the person handling the call corrected my status. However, when I then went on a cruise, and once I got off ship it reverted to blue. Now onboard another ship it is showing blue. Problem is clearly one of data conflicts between the various databases. Probably caused when medallion account was first established.I did purchase all of my internet for 8 cruises this year. all show in confirmation. all has been fine on the cruises I have boarded after the increase.

My sister and I are both Elite.  My app shows correctly with the "black" status and my sister's app shows her as "blue" status.  So I told her to log off and log in again, maybe the status will change if the app has recently been updated.  Two days ago, she logged off.  When she tried to log in again, she kept getting the message "sorry, our server is down....".  Tried again this morning and still getting the same message.  

Anyone have the same problem when try to log in?   Thank you.