Pullman in deluxe balcony

mamashamiller

I’m on the regal this summer and looking at the pictures of my room and it looks like the Pullman is over couch making it impossible to get to balcony. 
so my question is that stored back up during the day in order to use balcony and what about couch will it be left as a bed for a week (I hope not but I don’t want to be the jerk to ask for it to be put back as a couch during the day)

thanks to all you experienced cruisers!

Edited by mamashamiller

The 3rd berth is the convertible sofa. The 4th is a pull down berth over the sofa. The cabin steward will store both during the day. This is normal. Of course, this assumes that those using these berths are not in the room and leave their belongings in closets and drawers not stored on the bedding. 

Does your cabin take up to 4 guests?

How many will be in your cabin?

Yes, that 4th berth will be up in the ceiling.  So no worries there.

Yes, either a 3rd person with the little sofa  pulled out, or a 4th person using the pull down berth will be in the way.

Most of the time, Princess has flagged all of these Deluxe Balconies to show for 3 or 4 passengers.  Which makes it hard for a couple traveling together to book one.

You can check to see which cabins are flagged for 4 passengers, or two or three, by clicking the number of passengers on the pull-down when looking at the deck plans.  Click on your deck, then click on Staterooms (not Public aeas)  then put in 4 passengers.   This will show which Deluxe Balconies will have that 4th pull down berth.

You also might want to look and see if your cabin is an adjoining cabin,  if you are not booking with a cabin next door.

Of course, if you want to change to another cabin with the exact same category, you should easily be able to do that.

11 hours ago, mamashamiller said:

I’m on the regal this summer and looking at the pictures of my room and it looks like the Pullman is over couch making it impossible to get to balcony. 
so my question is that stored back up during the day in order to use balcony and what about couch will it be left as a bed for a week (I hope not but I don’t want to be the jerk to ask for it to be put back as a couch during the day)

thanks to all you experienced cruisers!

We were in Royal in a deluxe balcony with four guests - the sofa bed/pullman did not obstruct access to the balcony (usually the description when booking tells you if it will). The sofa bed and bunk were both put away by the steward in the day and made up at night. Here is a picture with the night time set up:

thumbnail?appid=YMailNodin&page=1image.jpeg.903819bf0c4bf5d77665eeb2a463d6c4.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking at that picture (thanks for that, BTW...I've never seen the bed lowered from the ceiling) it looks as though all of the support is against the wall...I can't see any support hangars near the corners.  The mechanical engineering part of my brain is screaming at me "Don't put anybody more than 50 pounds in that bed!"  Maybe it's just my old eyes that can't see any supports...it *HAS* to be stable...doesn't it? 🙄

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

We were in Royal in a deluxe balcony with four guests - the sofa bed/pullman did not obstruct access to the balcony (usually the description when booking tells you if it will). The sofa bed and bunk were both put away by the steward in the day and made up at night. Here is a picture with the night time set up:

thumbnail?appid=YMailNodin&page=1image.jpeg.903819bf0c4bf5d77665eeb2a463d6c4.jpeg

That is not a Deluxe Balcony.

That is a photo of the mini-suite set up.

The Deluxe Balcony has a 2 person "love seat" type sofa and is a pullout sofa bed, not a flip over as shown above.

The sofa bed in the Deluxe Balcony does obstruct access to the balcony when it's pulled out, as does the Pullman berth which pulls down over the sofa bed, oriented the same way - not as shown above but aligned with the sliding door . 

I'm depth description here (yes, an old review but nothing's changed)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2000561-pics-needed-regal-deluxe-balcony-with-4-persons/

Edited by reedprincess

This video shows exactly what the set-up will be for 4. As you can see, very different from the Mini-suite photo above.

Yes, this is enchanted, but the set-up is exactly the same for all Royal class ships.

The only thing different is the color scheme. Regal will be golds with some navy blue.. 

https://youtu.be/76qsqMA-f5I

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

That is not a Deluxe Balcony.

That is a photo of the mini-suite set up.

The Deluxe Balcony has a 2 person "love seat" type sofa and is a pullout sofa bed, not a flip over as shown above.

The sofa bed in the Deluxe Balcony does obstruct access to the balcony when it's pulled out, as does the Pullman berth which pulls down over the sofa bed, oriented the same way - not as shown above but aligned with the sliding door . 

I'm depth description here (yes, an old review but nothing's changed)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2000561-pics-needed-regal-deluxe-balcony-with-4-persons/

Oops - you're right. We started in a deluxe balcony but then upgraded to a mini!

Sorry OP

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

The sofa bed in the Deluxe Balcony does obstruct access to the balcony when it's pulled out,

it does indeed

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

as does the Pullman berth which pulls down over the sofa bed, oriented the same way - not as shown above but aligned with the sliding door

that I have to disagree with - the Pullman berth doesn't obstruct it anywhere nearly as much as the sofa bed. As long as you can duck under it a little bit (and there is no sofa bed opened up), balcony access is a whole lot better than with the sofa bed unrolled. That is, if you are not using the unrolled sofa bed - we travel as a group of 3....

We have been in both Deluxe and regular balcony rooms so we had experienced both... I like some RCI's sofa beds a lot more - they don't unroll way out for the 3rd person.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Yes, I was wondering how that could be showing a Deluxe Balcony!

And, yes, if the loveseat is pulled out it would be blocking access.

If the love-seat is not pulled out, then I suppose you could bend over and walk under it.  So that could be an option for three in the cabin, if the third person did not mind climbing the ladder.

6 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

it does indeed

that I have to disagree with - the Pullman berth doesn't obstruct it anywhere nearly as much as the sofa bed. As long as you can duck under it a little bit (and there is no sofa bed opened up), balcony access is a whole lot better than with the sofa bed unrolled. That is, if you are not using the unrolled sofa bed - we travel as a group of 3.... That's personal. The berth does obstruct the balcony - no one was discussing degree of obstruction.               Sure, you can duck under it as needed - but it does still block access, thus the need to duck. If it didn't obstruct access, you wouldn't need to duck/ensure you don't hit your head, etc.  🙄

We have been in both Deluxe and regular balcony rooms so we had experienced both... I like some RCI's sofa beds a lot more - they don't unroll way out for the 3rd person.

😉