I am Elite, Daughter is Not - Sharing Same Cabin - Elite Benefits Extend to Her Also?

SeaDayLvr

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  My adult daughter and I are traveling together, and sharing a cabin.  I am Elite, and she has never been on Celebrity.  Will the benefits I have extend to her?  Specifically the 5-7 happy hour and breakfast for Elite and above?

Thank you!

• Haha 1

Your daughter will be able to attend Captain's Club events with you, but I'm thinking this won't apply to accessing drinks at a bar during the 5-7 Happy Hour, as they no longer have a special venue for this event. Your daughter should be permitted into the Elite breakfast and will be able to attend the Select and above event, the Elite and above Officers event, and the Captain's Club Wine Tasting event if these are held. Sometimes there is a Sail Away event and/or a backstage tour, which your daughter will be able to attend with you. 

Edited by kathynorth

Like everything on X, there aren't hard and fast rules.  I was on X during the HH event and some people sat with me on their first X cruise.  They had a note in their cabin to please attend the event.  I guess there were very few people with status on that cruise but who knows.  So the answer is, you never know. 

8 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

Like everything on X, there aren't hard and fast rules.  I was on X during the HH event and some people sat with me on their first X cruise.  They had a note in their cabin to please attend the event.  I guess there were very few people with status on that cruise but who knows.  So the answer is, you never know. 

Hello. To which "event" are you referring?

1 hour ago, SeaDayLvr said:

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  My adult daughter and I are traveling together, and sharing a cabin.  I am Elite, and she has never been on Celebrity.  Will the benefits I have extend to her?  Specifically the 5-7 happy hour and breakfast for Elite and above?

Thank you!

As mentioned before, there is no longer a dedicated venue for the Happy Hour event.  I don't see them turning your daughter away at the Elite Breakfast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

I've had non-elite family members who shared my cabin go to the Elite Breakfast and they were welcomed there, even after the restart. 

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

As mentioned before, there is no longer a dedicated venue for the Happy Hour event.  I don't see them turning your daughter away at the Elite Breakfast. 

The OP asked about the Happy Hour drinks.  As @kathynorthsaid, her non-Elite daughter would not be able to receive free Elite Happy Hour drinks but would be welcomed to attend events with her, including the Elite Breakfast.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The OP asked about the Happy Hour drinks.  As @kathynorthsaid, her non-Elite daughter would not be able to receive free Elite Happy Hour drinks but would be welcomed to attend events with her, including the Elite Breakfast.  

Evidently my post was poorly written, but that is what I was trying to say.  That's what I get for working on my reports here in the office and then throwing in the occasional Cruise Critic post.  I guess I better proof read my report.

Although this was not asked, the OP's daughter should be able to attend almost every other event that Elite status grants: backstage tour, etc--even the helipad sailing--if the OP was invited because of Elite status.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Evidently my post was poorly written, but that is what I was trying to say.  That's what I get for working on my reports here in the office and then throwing in the occasional Cruise Critic post.  I guess I better proof read my report.

Are those TPS Reports, perchance? 😉

• Haha 1

Thank you everyone!  I am happy to hear it sounds like my daughter can go to the elite breakfast with me.  I learned on another thread that the mimosas and bellinis are free, even if you don't have a drink package, that is nice.  I assume my daughter would be able to have a drink with breakfast too?

6 minutes ago, SeaDayLvr said:

Thank you everyone!  I am happy to hear it sounds like my daughter can go to the elite breakfast with me.  I learned on another thread that the mimosas and bellinis are free, even if you don't have a drink package, that is nice.  I assume my daughter would be able to have a drink with breakfast too?

Yes, she can, plus Bloody Mary's, cappuchinos, lattes, etc. 

• Like 1