Showing blue lane but filled out everything

envy4u

For those of us who are on standard fare & ordered medallion shipped to our home before it had a surcharge: my screen just flipped to GREEN 23 days before embarkation (16 days before flight). Suggest you do nothing and hopefully it'll flip for you too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Also, even though you are green again, sometimes a few days before sailing, you may go back to blue again, then about 3 days before, back to Green with a QR code.  Just ignore the IT changes back and forth.  

Agree, ours flipped many times but was fine when we got close to sailing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, walkingsoon said:

I was interested to read that choosing to pick up your medallion at the port changed you from blue to green. I'm picking up at the port and have everything filled out, including the option to pick up at the port, yet I still show blue on the app and "incomplete" on the website. I tried to delete and resubmit my medallion order but was unable to do so.

I called the Princess Ocean Medallion help line, a painfully long and slow conversation, and she told me that I would remain blue line because I was picking up at the port. She also said there was no way to delete and resubmit my medallion order request. Attempting to end the call politely, I was delayed as she then went on to try and sell me transfers, specialty restaurants and upgrade drink packages, all of which I declined. Though having helping me not at all, she then asked me to stay on the line and leave feedback. I declined, a kindness to her.

I had hoped to change to green to avoid the extra hour plus long wait that being blue caused me last in Vancouver. Hopefully FLL will be different. I might just lunch out and wander in about 3:00 pm to minimize the added aggravation; embarkation day luncheon simply isn't worth it, imo.

I've wasted enough effort on this. I know that arriving with appropriate documentation will get me on board, but I do have to say (repeat) that their app, their website, information inconsistencies and medallion program are simply annoying. To other folk with gray hair and perhaps marginal technical skills: the problem does not reside with you. It's with Princess. 

We remain in the Blue Lane, and apparently will continue to, due to the port pick up of our medallion, this was never the case on our previous cruises when filling in all the necessary information got you in there straight away. I’ve never been happy with the app but just when you think you’ve got it cracked Princess sees fit to alter the process.

As for boarding we decided against boarding early on our last cruise and showed up about two hours before sailing, no queue to pick up our medallions, no queue at security and access to the staterooms was announced as soon as we stepped aboard, we’ll be doing the same thing in January.

• Like 1

I live in Canada and have sailed several times with Princess using the Medallion app, and familiar with filling out all the information that then puts you in the Green Lane, including picking up the medallion at the port, because they did not ship it to Canada. 

I have booked a cruise out of Galveston with Standard fare, completing all the information, but this has only put me in the Blue Lane 

Since then, I booked another cruise out of LA, and purchased Princess Plus. They will now ship the medallion to my home and I am in the Green Lane. 

29 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

I live in Canada and have sailed several times with Princess using the Medallion app, and familiar with filling out all the information that then puts you in the Green Lane, including picking up the medallion at the port, because they did not ship it to Canada. 

I have booked a cruise out of Galveston with Standard fare, completing all the information, but this has only put me in the Blue Lane 

Since then, I booked another cruise out of LA, and purchased Princess Plus. They will now ship the medallion to my home and I am in the Green Lane. 

You should be able to order Medallion to home for the Galveston cruise and pay the shipping.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You should be able to order Medallion to home for the Galveston cruise and pay the shipping.

Thank you for the advice. I’m in the process of trying to purchase Princess Plus and have the medallion shipped to my home included, which should put me in the Green Lane. My TA is trying to sort out the fine print details and additional charges. 

15 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

Thank you for the advice. I’m in the process of trying to purchase Princess Plus and have the medallion shipped to my home included, which should put me in the Green Lane. My TA is trying to sort out the fine print details and additional charges. 

Is your TA giving you a discount off the standard $60/pp/day?  Otherwise, you can order your Medallion and order the package on board Day 1 if you want it.  You will get $10 OBC back for the shipping which is a good deal.  Also, any OBC you have can go towards paying for Plus.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Is your TA giving you a discount off the standard $60/pp/day?  Otherwise, you can order your Medallion and order the package on board Day 1 if you want it.  You will get $10 OBC back for the shipping which is a good deal.  Also, any OBC you have can go towards paying for Plus.

No discount from TA. I’m on an 11 night cruise with my wife. If I order Princess Plus from website the cost should be $60 x 11 x 2 = $1320. When I try to purchase on website the final cost says $1425.60. This additional surcharge might have something to do with additional premium for Princess Platinum Protection, already purchased. I’m past final payment date. But if go through my TA I’m told I can purchase it for the $1320, which Princess has confirmed with TA. 

22 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

No discount from TA. I’m on an 11 night cruise with my wife. If I order Princess Plus from website the cost should be $60 x 11 x 2 = $1320. When I try to purchase on website the final cost says $1425.60. This additional surcharge might have something to do with additional premium for Princess Platinum Protection, already purchased. I’m past final payment date. But if go through my TA I’m told I can purchase it for the $1320, which Princess has confirmed with TA. 

Yes, if you pre-purchase Plus/Premier and have travel insurance, you have to pay the premium on the Plus/Premier plan.  I see it's 8% here.  The insurance rate has gone up to 9%.

Of course there is another advantage to wait to order on board.  You don't pay the insurance premium.  Several members have posted on this forum about delaying until on board to save the insurance and be able to use some OBC.

Not sure why you are dodging the insurance.  Have not heard that before. 

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Not sure why you are dodging the insurance.  Have not heard that before. 

I’m not trying to dodge the insurance. I pre-purchased Princess Platinum insurance before final payment, but not Princess Plus. I’m just getting mixed messages between my TA and Princess when I try to add on Princess Plus now. Princess has told me TA that my cost will be $1320 with no apparent extra add on for insurance. I just don’t know what to believe. 

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Thank you so much for that information. I went back into the app, cancelled the order for the medallion that I had planned to pick up at the port. I then re-entered the same medallions for my wife and I, but then I now had the choice of having it shipped to my home in Canada. The charge was actually $15 US for my wife and I. Hey Presto, our Blue Lane status then changed to Green Lane. I will now buy the Princess Plus package on board Day 1 and hopefully save the $105.60 surcharge for the insurance premium. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redtop101 said:

Thank you so much for that information. I went back into the app, cancelled the order for the medallion that I had planned to pick up at the port. I then re-entered the same medallions for my wife and I, but then I now had the choice of having it shipped to my home in Canada. The charge was actually $15 US for my wife and I. Hey Presto, our Blue Lane status then changed to Green Lane. I will now buy the Princess Plus package on board Day 1 and hopefully save the $105.60 surcharge for the insurance premium. 

And you will get a shipping rebate.  It does cost 50% more to ship to Canada but IDK if you get $15 credit on board or just $10.  Some guests have been reporting getting back $10 EACH.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2023 at 4:03 PM, envy4u said:

Should it not show green lane if I filled everything out?

It seems that Princess has simply made it more difficult to cruise!  More and more people are having problems with the app, the website and the process of going on a cruise. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

The blue lane, green lane thing doesn't matter if you have everything completed.  No one will pay attention or care.

No when we boarded in Vancouver we we separated into blue and green lanes. This looks to be done differently in each port

• Like 1

11 hours ago, redtop101 said:

Yes and the crew member that sells it OB, usually around the IC/Piazza area will get commission on the sale.  Just verified that on the Sapphire.  As opposed to buying it on the App.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

The difference now is whether you paid to have the medallion ship or not.  Blue lane picks up at the port.  Now, could be different outside the US, not experienced that myself.

This is now a change made by Princess, without explanation I might add. On previous medallion cruises out of US ports I have always been in the Green Lane even when picking up the medallions at the port. As far as I remember Princess didn’t give you the choice to have the medallions shipped to Canada for a shipping charge, of $15 US in my case. Now they do, and by choosing that option you immediately get switched from the Blue Lane to the Green Lane, as long as all your other required information is filled out. This is also true if you pre-pay for Princess Plus/Premier which now includes free shipping of the medallions to Canada.  

• Like 3

On 10/30/2023 at 12:49 PM, walkingsoon said:

She also said there was no way to delete and resubmit my medallion order request.

Perhaps not for her, but the option to cancel the order is right there in the app.  It's under Choose Your Medallion Wearable > Order History.  Click on the order and it'll show the order summary.  Scroll to the bottom and there is a Cancel Order link.

IMG_3971.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pickels said:

It seems that Princess has simply made it more difficult to cruise!  More and more people are having problems with the app, the website and the process of going on a cruise. 

23 hours ago, Jimmys Chippy said:

As for boarding we decided against boarding early on our last cruise and showed up about two hours before sailing, no queue to pick up our medallions, no queue at security and access to the staterooms was announced as soon as we stepped aboard, we’ll be doing the same thing in January.

JMHO blue lane seems to be like embarking circa 2019 (pre-medallion or at least pre- medallion shipment as I got my two 2019 medallions at the port) whereas green lane is 2019-> with medallion in hand .... yeah I also got spoiled having it on embarkation. But if I flip to blue again or the medallion doesn't arrive in time I'll just spend more of the day in Rome & board after 4pm (all aboard at 7pm)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Perhaps not for her, but the option to cancel the order is right there in the app.  It's under Choose Your Medallion Wearable > Order History.  Click on the order and it'll show the order summary.  Scroll to the bottom and there is a Cancel Order link.

IMG_3971.jpg

Thanks, MK. My order history screen looks exactly the same as yours, except for the "cancel order" link. It's just not there.