Why Aren't There Meet & Greets Like Before

mcrcruiser

35 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Celebrity once hosted all Meet & Greets  . Why are they not doing this any longer ?

These were stopped when sailings were resumed post COVID.

It was in an effort to keep mingling at bay.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, upwarduk said:

These were stopped when sailings were resumed post COVID.

It was in an effort to keep mingling at bay.

as well to deploy the staff to the benefit of ALL crusiers on-board rather than catering to just the CC people that think this is a all that

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

as well to deploy the staff to the benefit of ALL crusiers on-board rather than catering to just the CC people that think this is a all that

Not sure about that.  I think they liked to cater to CC people because we are the ones spreading information far and wide about Celebrity.  If we are happy, we are good brand ambassadors.  That's one way to keep us happy.  I think it is more about $$ than anything.  Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Not sure about that.  I think they liked to cater to CC people because we are the ones spreading information far and wide about Celebrity.  If we are happy, we are good brand ambassadors.  That's one way to keep us happy.  I think it is more about $$ than anything.  Just my opinion.

Honestly, I think you are correct about the intent, at least the original intent.  The demographic they are primarily marketing to now is not the CC demo, our ship has sailed so to speak.  TikTokers, Tweeters, FBers, Instas and whatever other social media is out these these days.  CCers are a very very small percentage of folks that sail on ships, I hve no idea what the actual percentage is but I'd hazard a guess and say it is in the 1% range. 

8 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Celebrity once hosted all Meet & Greets  . Why are they not doing this any longer ?

Bye the way, did CCers have to wear a name tag with their " real " name at the Meet and Greet ?

My guess--- No or they didn't put their " real " name on the tag , just in case " someone " didn't agree with their posts. 

Arguments could ensue--- leading to name calling---etc,  all over the fact that " someone " could care less who the Captain is on their cruise in 2024 or, what they should do with the $17 OBC that " needs" (?? ) to be spent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think X is probably happy not to have to do the Meet & Greets.  Several times I went to them and 40 people had signed up, but 12 actually showed up.  Many times, there were more officers there than CC members.  I think the M & G ship has sailed.   

• Like 4