3 appetizers and 3 entrees on day specific menu

TrueCruiseaholic

2 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Wow!  How could one be expected to get by with only 3 starters and mains?

It's down from five each.

Just trying to share the information.

It is quite possible, though, that the preferred appetizer or entree for certain guests were removed from various menus. Just saying.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

A cruiser currently on Apex posted on another site that the MDR menu that changes every day is now 3 appetizers and 3 entrees. The everyday menu is not changed.

Will you kindly post the one menu.  Thanks

So is that 3 every day, 3 rotating ones on all four dining room menus, plus 3 unique to each dining room?  Assuming you can order off the menus for the different MDRs, isn't that still 18 different appetizers and 18 different entree choices every day?  If so, that still sounds like a lot of options.  Or am I not understanding the Edge menus correctly - we haven't yet sailed on an Edge class ship?

48 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

A cruiser currently on Apex posted on another site that the MDR menu that changes every day is now 3 appetizers and 3 entrees. The everyday menu is not changed.

Not happy but OK with that.

• Like 1

Objectively, a reduction in choice. 

Amazingly, the first response is mocking of paying guests / openly thankful for the reduction in choices.

45 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

20230107_172428.jpg

I thought each dining room on the Edge class had its own "theme". Do you know which one this is from? Is there some signature themed dish on the other page not seen in this photo?

So with the every day Classics,  Celebrity Signature and the restaurant specialty items  on E class that would be a choice of  11 or more Starters,  15 entrees and a desserts.  Sounds like plenty of choices.

Would be interested in seeing the menu from the other ships where they are not the restaurant specialty items.  

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

So are you saying that they totally eliminated the  3 Exclusive starters and the 3 Exclusive entrees from each of the 4 MDRs on the Beyond?

No, just the number of Signature Starters and Entrées.  Those are the ones common to all four dining rooms but change daily. I haven't notice any changes to the Classic or Exclusive Starters and Entrées yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

20230107_172428.jpg

We  could live with that..esp after being in Luminae on Beyond.not much there appealed. Fortunately,   the  every day Salmon and other choices were very good...Going back to BLU on Ascent

• Like 1

That Alex menu is definitely pared down from what I see on the app. Where will it end? I was so excited, and now I find myself increasingly bummed out. Will it be fun? Absolutely. Any day on a ship is a good day. But these changes are adding up and collectively SUCK.

8 minutes ago, MamaToMany said:

That Alex menu is definitely pared down from what I see on the app. Where will it end? I was so excited, and now I find myself increasingly bummed out. Will it be fun? Absolutely. Any day on a ship is a good day. But these changes are adding up and collectively SUCK.

A choice of 10 starters and 9 entrees doesn’t sound bad at all.  
DH does all the cooking and I don’t get near that many choices😉

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jelayne said:

A choice of 10 starters and 9 entrees doesn’t sound bad at all.  
DH does all the cooking and I don’t get near that many choices😉

I do all the cooking, and love NOT having to. And yes, it’s a reasonable selection, but they’ve removed quite a few things I was specifically wanting to try. Again- will it wreck my cruise?  No. Am I allowed to be bummed out? I think it’s reasonable.

• Like 2