3 appetizers and 3 entrees on day specific menu

TrueCruiseaholic

23 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Food quality should go up as a result of a slightly reduced menu due to less chaos in the kitchen. If so, I welcome the change. Offer what's been good, not everything you got.

I wish but my WAG ("Wild A$$ Guess) is they're doing this to reduce the number chefs per ship

Hmm, i noted that this had happened on the app when I was looking at the menus for my Beyond cruise next month. I was hoping it was a glitch as for Evening Chic night, Beef Wellington had disappeared along with a few other of my favourite dishes. 

Not happy, but not surprised they’ve done this on Edge class due to the extra choices you get from each themed menu. 

edit; I’ve just been back through my photos from August on the Reflection and we had 6 apps and 6 entrees to choose from (as well as classics). Had this always been reduced on E class? First E class cruise is next month

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

20230107_172428.jpg

11 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

The restaurant specific items are still there. Again, just reporting.

Those plus the exclusive items are pretty much exactly how I remember the menus in Edge in Feb 2020 (I don't have pictures because I don't take menu pictures - there are enough out there, so I can't 100% compare, but it looks the same). I don't see any reduction there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I wish but my WAG ("Wild A$$ Guess) is they're doing this to reduce the number chefs per ship

Not a bad thing. Reminds me of the phrase, too many cooks in the kitchen. When Royal Caribbean began testing a reduced MDR menu, the reasoning as stated from the top management was that there were too many complaints about the speed of service in the MDR . I still see potential of a net gain in this situation.

8 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Food quality should go up as a result of a slightly reduced menu due to less chaos in the kitchen.

You're referring to preparation quality. For food quality to go up, that would require X to spend more $$ on ingredients, particularly proteins.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

You're referring to preparation quality. For food quality to go up, that would require X to spend more $$ on ingredients, particularly proteins.

You are correct. But also by slimming down menu options, they can work on ensuring with their vendors that the cuts of meat they are getting are higher quality since there's less variety. Less variety yields more focus.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

You are correct. But also by slimming down menu options, they can work on ensuring with their vendors that the cuts of meat they are getting are higher quality since there's less variety. Less variety yields more focus.

You mean like no longer offering Prime Rib so they can serve a more focused jerk chicken. I can't wait!

Honestly...if paring down the options help increase food quality I am fine with it.  We have ALWAYS loved our food on our 4 Celebrity cruises.  Lately there have been so many negative posts of the MDR food.  I am hoping those people are just really really picky?!  

14 hours ago, MamaToMany said:

pared down from what I see on the app.

1 less starter & 2 fewer mains---my bum out level is much higher than that.

14 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

What about on the other class of ships that have 1 MDR?

Silly shows 9 starters & 8 mains tonite---oh the humanity!

19 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

20230107_172428.jpg

Not yet cruised with Celebrity, but due to in July. I’m a little concerned if this is an evening menu as to what my vegetarian husband could choose - is it just the ‘chop chop salad’ as a starter. No main?

where is a choice for him? 

Edited by CaraLark

4 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Not a bad thing. Reminds me of the phrase, too many cooks in the kitchen. When Royal Caribbean began testing a reduced MDR menu, the reasoning as stated from the top management was that there were too many complaints about the speed of service in the MDR . I still see potential of a net gain in this situation.

3 hours ago, RichYak said:

Another way to increase food quality and ensure they’re immune to budget cuts is partner with existing food chains.  For example, with burgers most believe X’s burgers are below average.  RCI has Johny Rockets and CCL has Guy’s burgers and receive rave reviews

32 minutes ago, CaraLark said:

what my vegetarian husband could choose - is it just the ‘chop chop salad’ as a starter. No main?

This menu is misleading - it does not show the offerings that change daily. That said, your husband needs to contact the dining room as soon as you board and inform them that he is vegetarian. My vegan wife is usually very happy with the offerings they will put together. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jwlane said:

This menu is misleading - it does not show the offerings that change daily. That said, your husband needs to contact the dining room as soon as you board and inform them that he is vegetarian. My vegan wife is usually very happy with the offerings they will put together. 

Thank you for responding, that’s reassuring! 

1 hour ago, CaraLark said:

Not yet cruised with Celebrity, but due to in July. I’m a little concerned if this is an evening menu as to what my vegetarian husband could choose - is it just the ‘chop chop salad’ as a starter. No main?

There is also a vegan menu on the app , usually below the kids menu 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

20230107_172428.jpg

This is why we only cruise in suites with Celebrity for Luminae, nothing on that menu is gourmet and more like you can get at Denny's or Golden Corral. Oven Roasted Turkey and Tilapia is a joke, right? Tilapia is the cheapest farm raised fish you can buy, read about how some country's farm raise and what they feed Tilapia, I would starve to death before I eat this trash fish. Turkey is less than$1 a pound so no wonder they serve it, again this is Denny's type entree. I won't even discuss what they call starters, again this is nothing more than Diner Food fare.

Edited by terrydtx

2 hours ago, CaraLark said:

There is a separate vegetarian menu.  You need to ask for it it’s not on the app or posted anywhere’s  my travel mate is a vegetarian also and was very happy with all the choices 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jwlane said:

Actually the menu DOES Show the offerings that change daily; that's the Section labeled Celebrity Signatures. The upper portion labeled Classics are the choices that don't change. If this menu is from the E-Class ships what's missing are the restaurant specific specials.

FYI: The Restaurant specific specials are DIFFERENT on the Beyond vs the Edge or the Apex.