Pinkenba Renewal?

19 hours ago, joejoe 59 said:

Really! you would rather sit in an airport, wait for a flight, wait for luggage,  catch a transfer, maybe stay at least one  night at a hotel to insure being there on time all because of the Port of Brisbane.

Seems an extreme thing to do to me😏

I agree you may not want that.  But for me (and others I know who will choose Sydney over Brisbane) I have family and friends in Sydney. So I'm flying there anyway. I will do a cruise out of Sydney to coincide with that. 

I'm on the Gold Coast and if you don't want to drive or pay expensive shuttle it's a pain to get to the Brisbane terminal. 

Edited by sayaguru
  • Like 1

Leaving tomorrow from BCIT.  Parking filled up fast could only park in P3 a bit of a walk from terminal.  Lucky I am travelling with my daughter who will drop me at terminal, then take car and park it and walk back to terminal,  I knew I had those kids for a reason. Lol. I will have a coffee from the happy guys at the coffee cart while I wait for her.

Hoping embarkation is as good as last time, very quick and efficient.

• Like 3

We spent an enjoyable port stop in Brisbane on the Round Australia cruise last October. We sat in the Sanctuary on Coral, which is aft, all afternoon watching boats on the river, birds fishing in the river, and the industrial wharves across the river. It was quite pleasant and very peaceful. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We spent an enjoyable port stop in Brisbane on the Round Australia cruise last October. We sat in the Sanctuary on Coral, which is aft, all afternoon watching boats on the river, birds fishing in the river, and the industrial wharves across the river. It was quite pleasant and very peaceful. 

Sounds like a perfect port stop in Brisbane - stay onboard & relax. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

Agreed. We have had two port calls there, and a departure. The departure was as smooth as, so the terminal works a treat for what it is meant to do. A bit of a walk on a slight incline, but with the ship in clear view for much of the walk, it isn't the worst walk in the world. The distance from kerb or #1 carpark to the ship is less walking than the distance from CQ station to the ship at OPT, so that apparent issue is a storm in a teacup.

For the port calls we caught up with cruising friends. One lot parked and we sat down with a coffee from the cart and chatted. The immediate surroundings are quite nice. The others drove to the pick-up point and whisked us away - so much easier to do in each instance than OPT. The drive out isn't pretty - so what. 

Back next month to disembark there. They better have a coffee shop and a free transfer to the airport, or I will be quite upset!!! 😂

We used the (freefor us ) shuttle to and from the airport, good value.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sayaguru said:

I agree you may not want that.  But for me (and others I know who will choose Sydney over Brisbane) I have family and friends in Sydney. So I'm flying there anyway. I will do a cruise out of Sydney to coincide with that. 

I'm on the Gold Coast and if you don't want to drive or pay expensive shuttle it's a pain to get to the Brisbane terminal. 

I can see it's a nice excuse to go to Sydney if you have family there🥰  we don't. 

We have no option other then drive the 3hrs from home, we have no public transport at all to anywhere.

If you don't drive you go nowhere. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr walker said:

Sounds like a perfect port stop in Brisbane - stay onboard & relax. 

We used to enjoy going into Brisbane city from Portside on the ferry, pottering around some of the shops then having a leisurely lunch before catching the ferry back but the shuttle times were too restrictive so we didn't bother.

On 1/13/2023 at 6:19 PM, Hogbay said:

Pay $2:50 to travel Sydney , cab cost $41 this morning ? Back BICT on Sun Lomanosa 

20230113_190333.jpg

16735979641515690640591797942755.jpg

How do you travel Sydney for $2.50?

Last time we caught a taxi from the airport to Port it cost $65.00 & this was a long while ago, not sure what year but it was to hop on Aria for the 5 ship spectacular.

10 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

How do you travel Sydney for $2.50?

Last time we caught a taxi from the airport to Port it cost $65.00 & this was a long while ago, not sure what year but it was to hop on Aria for the 5 ship spectacular.

Public transport (but not by train from the airport) using a Gold (Seniors) Opal Card. $2.50 daily cap no matter how far you go.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Public transport (but not by train from the airport) using a Gold (Seniors) Opal Card. $2.50 daily cap no matter how far you go.

What age is the seniors Opal card, not sure we are quite old enough yet😁

On 1/13/2023 at 8:51 AM, arxcards said:

Back next month to disembark there. They better have a coffee shop and a free transfer to the airport, or I will be quite upset!!! 

In November, Princess did provide a shuttle to the airport from the BICT, but it had to be booked in advance and it wasn't free. I paid $40. 

It was quite disorganised. There was also a Brisbane Highlights tour that ended at the airport. I was directed onto that bus. Fortunately, the driver checked with me when my flight departed and when I said 1pm, he said that I would miss it, because we didn't get to the airport till 3.30pm. It turned out I was on the Brisbane Highlights bus. They had to unload a lot of luggage to get my suitcase out of the bins underneath and transfer me to the correct bus.

The airport looks as if it is right alongside the new terminal, and you can see parked planes from it. In fact, to get to it, you have to drive round three sides of a square to get to the actual terminal buildings, so it is not really so close.

14 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

In November, Princess did provide a shuttle to the airport from the BICT, but it had to be booked in advance and it wasn't free. I paid $40. 

It was quite disorganised. There was also a Brisbane Highlights tour that ended at the airport. I was directed onto that bus. Fortunately, the driver checked with me when my flight departed and when I said 1pm, he said that I would miss it, because we didn't get to the airport till 3.30pm. It turned out I was on the Brisbane Highlights bus. They had to unload a lot of luggage to get my suitcase out of the bins underneath and transfer me to the correct bus.

The airport looks as if it is right alongside the new terminal, and you can see parked planes from it. In fact, to get to it, you have to drive round three sides of a square to get to the actual terminal buildings, so it is not really so close.

Yes, I have done the trip. I was being tongue in cheek about the free shuttle, in line with others expectations of BICT. $40 each seems a bit much, so for the two of us I think I will get a cab.

Some have suggested a tunnel under the airport to BICT, but I know that is never going to happen.

Boarded P&O Encounter on Saturday, 2nd time from here,  So organised and quick, our boarding time was 11,30 am.  We were in our cabin at 11.15.  Didn’t even have time for coffee from stand outside terminal, had to have one on ship instead.lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We had a similar experience when we boarded the Quantum of the Seas. Had a transfer at 11am from the airport organised but ended up with a 1.30pm check-in time. We arrived at 11.30 and I dropped the bags, they said we could check-in straight  away and was in the hot tubs by 11.55am, drink in hand.

• Like 1