Did You Sail on Princess in 2022?

Rick&Jeannie

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm in the middle of reading it right now...

@PescadoAmarillo Wow!  Amazing story.  I don't consider myself specifically a "Princess cheerleader"... but it disappoints me greatly what you and DH had to endure.  Sorry it's taken me this long to "find" it.  (Maybe increase the font size just a bit in your signature so it is a bit more visible...?) 

Regal in early July for a two week cruise starting in Barcelona and ending in Athens. Family of 4 (38, 38, 11, 16). We all had a great time. The itinerary was great, the service was great, and everything went smoothly. We felt the crew worked really.

We had booked an inside cabin but were upgraded to a balcony obstructed cabin - though the obstruction was very minor and we had a great view as we were at the very back of the line of life boats, so there wasn't a lifeboat in front of our cabin.

I can't comment on the "kids club" as my two didn't want to participate. They always found lots to do on the 3 sea days we had.

There's a good chance my wife and I will cruise with Princess again this year for our anniversary. 

In 2022 we only sailed the Discovery in July to Alaska- the ship was full capacity. All of the pre cruise Covid testing was too stressful, and we were denied sailing several itineraries due to vaccine/booster requirements. We had a wonderful time on the Discovery: received a balcony upgrade and were honored ‘as most traveled passengers’. It was a great cruise! We have 3 cruises booked in 2023: Caribbean, Panama Canal, and Iceland.

Caribbean Princess back to back eastern/western February, NCL Pride of America Hawaii September. Both were great. First b2b cruise, always wanted to do that but had to wait until retired. Hawaii cruise was bucket list, very different than Caribbean cruising, going to do this one again in 2024 for our 40th wedding anniversary. 2022 was a good year for travel. Also went to Anna Maria island in Florida. Very nice. 

On 1/8/2023 at 9:30 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I thought maybe we could deviate a bit from the range of complaints and other such topics and try something different.  How many of my fellow Princess cruisers actually sailed in 2022?  Please only respond if you truly *did* sail in 2022...primarily on Princess but feel free to include sailings on a different cruise line as well.

For myself, we did 4 cruises but had 6 on the books.  We literally "missed the boat" on the second booked for the year due to a delayed Delta flight.  The third we cancelled ourselves due to the concern over Omicron.

1) Sky, Eastern Carib.

2) Sky TA (missed)

3) Grand, Hawaii round trip, LA (cancelled)

4) NCL Gem, Greek Islands

5) Discovery, Alaska

6) Island, Oktoberfest Capitals of Norther Europe

What about you?

I cruised:

1) princess in March /April Barcelona to Rome

2) carnival pride Northern Europe in July 

3) MSC Caribbean in September b2b

4) NCL sun transatlantic oct/nov 

5) MSC inaugural Barcelona to nyc nov/dec

6) island princess Panama Canal dec. 

getting on diamond Princess transpacific 2/12 San Diego to Tokyo. 

guess who recently retired 😍🛳😍🛳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carlicita1227 said:

I cruised:

1) princess in March /April Barcelona to Rome

2) carnival pride Northern Europe in July 

3) MSC Caribbean in September b2b

4) NCL sun transatlantic oct/nov 

5) MSC inaugural Barcelona to nyc nov/dec

6) island princess Panama Canal dec. 

getting on diamond Princess transpacific 2/12 San Diego to Tokyo. 

guess who recently retired 😍🛳😍🛳

So I have to ask, which cruises did you like the best?

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

So I have to ask, which cruises did you like the best?

I LOVE Mediterranean, but wasn’t my first time there. The two transatlantic trips were great as the other solo travelers were so much fun!  The Northern Europe was a combo of great times on board- met great new friends and loved the ports. Took a train to Berlin that was amazing.  So, to say overall, the Northern Europe - fun on ships and amazing excursions.

• Like 1