Seascape - Looking for suggestions for Embarkation food and drinks

LICruiser61

We will be cruising on the Seascape in a few weeks.  Looking for any suggestions on a place to enjoy some fun food and drinks (included in cruise fare)  for embarkation day lunch.  On Royal and Norwegian we always found a bar-type place to enjoy the embarkation vibe.   Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance!!

I'm yet to sail on Seascape (April), but from my past experience on other MSC ships, the only place you can have lunch on embarkation day is a buffet. There will be a few bars open for drinks, usually in the atrium and by the pool, but for food it was always a buffet only. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 8:56 AM, LICruiser61 said:

Thanks all for your responses.  Sounds like a dud for embarkation.  Not a big fan of the buffet.  MSC needs to step it up.  Americans like bar food and Bloody Mary's!!  

Thanks again all!!

Sports bar has bar food but I'm not sure they serve on embarkation day. 

• 2 months later...

We just debarked on Sunday.

On embark, the buffet is open and a total madhouse!
Hola! is open on embark day (12-3 and 6-10), and has food à la carte. 
The sports bar is also open on embark day (I think at 3pm) and has food. 

Best bet is to eat something small before you get on because there is a lot happening.

3 hours ago, blueslily said:

Are there actually other places to eat included meals on the ship, beyond just embarkation day - any day? From what I've read, the buffet is it. Unlike Royal and NCL that has other options. 

Nope, that is it. You get what you pay for on MSC. That's kinda why I like it. I don't focus my vacation around food like quite a bit of cruisers. As long as they have some healthy options and a good gym I'm all set. Bar food is the last thing I want or need.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, blueslily said:

Are there actually other places to eat included meals on the ship, beyond just embarkation day - any day? From what I've read, the buffet is it. Unlike Royal and NCL that has other options. 

The MDRs are included....

41 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

but the MDRs are closed on embarkation day.

Also, the food in the sports bar is for fee; it is not free.

The person I was quoting was asking about any day of the cruise, not specifically embarkation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 9:53 AM, JamieLogical said:

The MDRs are included....

Thanks. Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant beyond the buffet and MDR. Like NCL has the pub and Royal (on Oasis class ships) has like 3 casual food included options. Sorry for not including MDR. I just meant other than those two of course. 

7 hours ago, blueslily said:

Thanks. Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant beyond the buffet and MDR. Like NCL has the pub and Royal (on Oasis class ships) has like 3 casual food included options. Sorry for not including MDR. I just meant other than those two of course. 

We are yet to sail on Seascape (Next Feb) but from what I have read I don't think there is.

You can get Burgers, Wings and Nachos in the sports bar (for a fee) but not sure about on embarkation day.

On 3/28/2023 at 6:31 AM, surfjock27 said:

We just debarked on Sunday.

On embark, the buffet is open and a total madhouse!
Hola! is open on embark day (12-3 and 6-10), and has food à la carte. 
The sports bar is also open on embark day (I think at 3pm) and has food. 

Best bet is to eat something small before you get on because there is a lot happening.

Is there an upcharge for the food at the sports bar and at Hola?