Is lobster served for free at the Slarium Bistro on Lobster night?

I was unable to book my preferred dining time at the MDR on the 2nd formal night. Being that there are 10 of us, I was only able to secure an acceptable dining time at Solarium Bistro. Will we be served Lobster tails? I KNOW I misspelled SOLARIUM!!!! I didn't proof read!

Edited by AspiringCindy
  • Haha 2

Not sure about that but I really don't know. Maybe someone else does. If it were me, I would talk to the MDR manager and try to get a table for your party immediately after you get on the ship. Good luck and happy cruising!

• Like 1

The last time we were in Solarium Bistro on  the 2nd formal night they did not include free lobster tails.

I also suggest you go to the MTD desk as soon as you board (with a list all cabin numbers) to make arrangements for your large party.

And remember, you can go to MTD without reservations; you just stand in a different line.  It may take longer (and you might offer to split into two tables to hasten seating) but you will be served. 

I believe that the "lobster night" you are talking about is the one in the Main Dining Room dinner menu and possibly also the Windjammer on the second formal night (usually day 6 of your 7 night cuise.)  

I do not think it's offered in the Solarium Bistro.   The Bistro menu is Mediterranean food and does include fish.  Possibly lobster is available for an uncharge, though.  The Bistro and the MDR have different menus.

Edited by foxgoodrich

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Allure it's a pay venue, Brazilian. 

Harmony its ala carte not free solarium dinner.

Which ship has a free dinner of any kind in the solarium?

Solarium Bistro dinner was free last time we ate dinner there on Harmony (except select up charge items) during the restart…and sadly that’s what it was worth.  I hope it has improved, as we enjoyed it before the shutdown (also when it was free). 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

All the Quantum and Oasis class class ships I've been on except Allure which doesn't have a Solarium Bistro for dinner but has Samba Grill instead:

Anthem, Quantum, Odyssey, Ovation, Oasis, Harmony, Symphony, Wonder

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lovelife said:

All the Quantum and Oasis class class ships I've been on except Allure which doesn't have a Solarium Bistro for dinner but has Samba Grill instead:

Anthem, Quantum, Odyssey, Ovation, Oasis, Harmony, Symphony, Wonder

Why is harmony solarium bistro listed as ala carte if it's free. I'm confused. 

20230110_215202606.jpeg

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Allure it's a pay venue, Brazilian. 

Harmony its ala carte not free solarium dinner.

You mentioned the Harmony.  Eating in the Solarium Bistro on the Harmony is free, unless you order one of the upcharge entrees.  Other than that, the food is included in your cruise fare.  🙂  This is true of almost all other ships that have a Solarium Bistro.

On the Allure, at night the venue is called Samba Grill, which is a Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria.  

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Why is harmony solarium bistro listed as ala carte if it's free. I'm confused. 

20230110_215202606.jpeg

Don' know but the times we've eaten there it was complimentary. We have a ressie at Harmony Solarium Bistro in a couple weeks at no charge.

Screenshot_20230110-200144_Chrome.jpg

12 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

You mentioned the Harmony.  Eating in the Solarium Bistro on the Harmony is free, unless you order one of the upcharge entrees.  Other than that, the food is included in your cruise fare.  🙂  This is true of almost all other ships that have a Solarium Bistro.

On the Allure, at night the venue is called Samba Grill, which is a Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria.  

Oh good to know. I've done allure. Oasis olden days ... harmony coming up. 

It is confusing. 

I was on the Wonder on May 2022.  While the Solarium Bistro was free, it was just a Mediterranean buffet.  I never saw lobster (and we ate there on elegant night because we were too exhausted for a long meal).  I don't think you'd want your lobster off of a buffet, would you? Cause even if they had it, that's what it would be.  

19 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Not sure about that but I really don't know. Maybe someone else does. If it were me, I would talk to the MDR manager and try to get a table for your party immediately after you get on the ship. Good luck and happy cruising!

I second ^^^ this 😉

• Like 1