Coffee machines Escape balcony room

kayjay76

6 hours ago, kayjay76 said:

Hi! Do the balcony rooms on the Escape still have the single serve coffee pots? If so is it the same disk kind and can you bring coffee disks with you on board? Ty!!

Since COVID, coffee makers are on request. (They are sometimes tucked away in the closet, but you need to coordinate with your room steward to refill the supplies). Still the Hamilton Beach single serve with round filter pods. 

image.thumb.png.2f765622577341e8f87807460fab6fbb.png

• Like 4

It brews, IMHO, a weak 5 to 6 oz. cup of joe ... like mine strong & need to use 2 pods together.  

Sometimes, it's semi-hiding in the back corner of the closet's top shelf, along with 2 cups, minus the set-up.  

• Like 1

Some ship stewards have recently reported having only decaf, so I bought and took my own disc pods on last cruise.  On recent cruises where regular coffee was available, pods were packed so tightly that water barely changed color.  At least that was my experience.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Travelicious said:

Some ship stewards have recently reported having only decaf, so I bought and took my own disc pods on last cruise.  On recent cruises where regular coffee was available, pods were packed so tightly that water barely changed color.  At least that was my experience.

Yeah. We never bother with the in-room coffee maker (on a ship or in a hotel). There is lots of coffee available on the ship. 

On 1/11/2023 at 2:22 PM, Travelicious said:

Do you happen to remember which disc pods you brought?  I’ve looked at several and I’m not sure which ones fit.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 11:59 AM, BirdTravels said:

Since COVID, coffee makers are on request. (They are sometimes tucked away in the closet, but you need to coordinate with your room steward to refill the supplies). Still the Hamilton Beach single serve with round filter pods. 

image.thumb.png.2f765622577341e8f87807460fab6fbb.png

That's what we had in our balcony cabin on the Joy.  Coffee was very good.  I do wish that the coffee makers were in the rooms, without our having to ask for them.

21 minutes ago, hunnypi324 said:

can we bring our own kurig with pods

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Yes, you can bring your own coffee. But Kurig pods won't fit in the machine above in Post #4 since it is a Hamilton Beach coffee maker with the small, circular filters. 

On 1/12/2023 at 5:47 AM, BirdTravels said:

Yeah. We never bother with the in-room coffee maker (on a ship or in a hotel). There is lots of coffee available on the ship. 

On cruise lines where good coffee (the only definition of good is what I like) is available as part of the drinks package, I venture out of our cabin with no make up or contacts, brandishing two thermos cups to forage for coffee for DH. On NCL the coffee maker is a huge plus. Room service and buffet coffee do not meet my requirements. Room service and buffet coffee do not meet my requirements.

49 minutes ago, Catchum said:

I venture out of our cabin with no make up or contacts, brandishing two thermos cups to forage for coffee for DH.

I asked my DW about doing this for me (we have Starbucks for our next cruise) the look I got can't be described 🤪

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2023 at 12:43 PM, Catchum said:

On cruise lines where good coffee (the only definition of good is what I like) is available as part of the drinks package, I venture out of our cabin with no make up or contacts, brandishing two thermos cups to forage for coffee for DH. On NCL the coffee maker is a huge plus. Room service and buffet coffee do not meet my requirements. Room service and buffet coffee do not meet my requirements.

I don't think that the in-room coffee maker makes good coffee at all. But that's just me. We never request one (used to be rooms by default and we could use it then). 

On NCL big ships, they serve over 15,000 cups of brewed coffee each morning. We're usually around 2 cups (may be 3 if we linger at breakfast). 

An alternative to the ship’s coffee is the Starbucks, extra charge, located midship, deck 6, in the atrium adjacent to the bar on the starboard side. A plain American coffee will be $3.65 and a latte will run $5.34, $5.94 if you add flavor, caramel, chocolate etc.

On 9/22/2023 at 2:29 PM, hunnypi324 said:

can we bring our own kurig with pods

You can’t bring a keurig since it has a heat element. There’s an amazing hand pressed espresso maker though that works Nespresso made by wacaco if your looking for an option.