Sky Suites - Any With Obstructed Views?

Wombservice

Hello all!  We are going on our first Crlebrity cruise, and have a veranda booked right now on the Summit.  We would like to upgrade to a Retreat cabin….the only one available for our cruise is a Sky Suite Guarantee.  I have never booked a guaranteed room, as I like to pick my own; in this case though, would any know if there are any bad rooms with the Sky Suites that would make me sorry I chose it?

Thanks for your help!!

The following are photos from Millie in 2017. The 1st photo is from 6132 sky suite looking forward The others are from about 6122 sky suite. The video moves aft. You can see the large deck of 6132 at the end. Never be in the mid ship suites. Millie and Summit are both the same class of ships. 

1499794599_IMG_20170123_045905811(1).thumb.jpg.088cf1270a4b4b0394206a584ac8d876.jpgIMG_20180327_083129679.thumb.jpg.3aabe04c8da511658a6883155edf93b2.jpg

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Here is an excellent website that has tons of pictures and information on most cabins on all Celebrity ships. I use this site to do my research before I book any cruise.

Cruise Deck Plan Database and Pictures (cruisedeckplans.com)

I really like that site and use it quite a bit.  I wish more people would use it and update the pictures.  I notice a lot of them are from 2019 or earlier. especially those for the M-Class ships. 

• Like 1

It depends on what you consider a obstruction. 

Some consider the large overhangs a obstruction as it blocks out the sun, or sky but it also protects from the elements

Some think that life boats below obstruct their view 

Some of the Edge class ships have poles on their balconies.

Some on the S class have poles in the cabin

Some think the Magic carpet obstructs their view when on the top deck. 

it isn’t any different than sitting in your car.   There will be some obstruction.   It could be the railing or the partition.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

To answer your question, I doubt there are any Sky Suites with a bad or obstructed view. The amenities far outweighs any possible bad views in a SS. 

👍  You beat me to it. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons

20 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Here are pictures taken from the balcony of 6119 or 6123 on the Infinity ( we were using both for photos). The “view”  isnt blocked but the lifeboats and equipment do get in the picture 

D329D8A6-0786-422D-B109-D6B2AA7AD008.thumb.jpeg.e1c66188ae5840528e75f193bbd34477.jpegA267F806-E175-4A68-8ABE-F4D1B9058A02.thumb.jpeg.12012113b5556bf725cde6d4f5d62e73.jpeg

Thank you for sharing. We are thinking of doing a move up bid on the Summit but we’re concerned about location since we obviously can’t pick the cabin.