lHow to pick your Arrival time on app?

matj2000

18 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Can anyone show me where exactly you find choose your port arrival time on the app?

Or the web version?

I have searched everywhere with no luck

I am tired of calling them to fix everything..

App

click Personal information and documents 

move down to gray bar SUGGESTED

click on arrivals

click on the arrival group you want

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

App

click Personal information and documents 

move down to gray bar SUGGESTED

click on arrivals

click on the arrival group you want

Got it.

This entire check in process has been a disaster.

We have 2 rooms and they have had every name & birthdate mixed up.

When ever I entered information it told me "cannot process not, try back later" etc.

I have had to make 9 calls to the philippine's 

It has been one of the most cumbersome tasks I have done in a while..

Thanks for the help.

55 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

That's where customer service reps are. 

I interpreted your statement to mean that you literally had to call a Philippines number to speak with someone! 😄 Doh!

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I interpreted your statement to mean that you literally had to call a Philippines number to speak with someone! 😄 Doh!

I was saying philippine's for two reasons.

To show they outsource overseas, which is not a big deal.

And to also show the difficulty with the language barrier, call drops, and misunderstanding when you are trying to explain the issues you are having.

In the end it not everything is fixed but enough to get me on the green zone.

The only thing I can do is log in by booking #.

I hope this doesn't reflex the actual cruise part.

• Like 2

It's difficult to know where you are departing from.  I will comment that, if you are departing from South Florida, like Port Everglades, do not waste your time trying to determine a time to arrive for embarkation.  It does not exist, regardless of what they say.  It is a jungle of passengers more or less in line, waiting their turn to check in.  Having your medallion will help a lot...you order that online when you enter your personal data on your account on Princess.com.

Further, if you have a carload of folks with differing boarding times how will a cruise line cope with that?  They seem to think that folks with a single boarding time only ride to the port with other folks of the same time.  Totally bogus!  So when you explain that at the port, they just usher everyone into the building to join the mass of humanity that will eventually find their way onboard.

17 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

When I check the arrival time for my booking out of San Pedro, CA it has early (11-12), mid (12-2) and late (2-3).  Does that mean you can't check in until 11 am if you get early?

If you follow those *bogus* recommendations, yes.  You absolutely can ignore the arrival time/group.  It's just their way of making you think that you *must* be there at a certain time.  NOBODY checks your arrival time/group at check-in.  Nobody has ever been turned away for this...and NOTHING will be said to you!  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

At this point, I am just going to ignore it.

This is TRULY your best course of action.  Many people stress out over this item and cannot just let it go.  If it was something that *really* mattered or was looked at that would be different.  But you do you!

• Like 1

Rick an Jeannie ,  We also had trouble locating the arrival time in the app and of course now , having found it , the arrival time available for us is "late ' . Also got notification that boarding is now delayed 2 hours and to adjust the arrival time accordingly which means our boarding time would be around 5 pm  ! We are Platinum with Princess and now cranky we will seemingly miss most of the first day if this goes down as such . We have Crown Grill booked first night early so thinking of cancelling as we may not even have time or luggage . Sail away now 7pm so would also miss that .

You mentioned this is a "bogus " cruise line requirement ? Thinking we will try and arrive earlier .

4 minutes ago, hammo said:

Rick an Jeannie ,  We also had trouble locating the arrival time in the app and of course now , having found it , the arrival time available for us is "late ' . Also got notification that boarding is now delayed 2 hours and to adjust the arrival time accordingly which means our boarding time would be around 5 pm  ! We are Platinum with Princess and now cranky we will seemingly miss most of the first day if this goes down as such . We have Crown Grill booked first night early so thinking of cancelling as we may not even have time or luggage . Sail away now 7pm so would also miss that .

You mentioned this is a "bogus " cruise line requirement ? Thinking we will try and arrive earlier .

I would definitely not go that late.  So, if the original boarding group was 1100 am, and it’s delay 2 hours, then they may board guests at 1pm?

I would still go early and the best time for you.  If it’s 1pm, then go at 1pm. We’ve had delayed boarding many times, and we still went at 1100 if that was best for us.  

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Does anyone know if your selected time stays and is reflected on the AP until you arrive.  I picked a time earlier, but the AP is asking me to pick an arrival time again.  At this point, I am just going to ignore it.

We always take a Screenshot on the phone once we have our desired early boarding time. On occasions it has disappeared, even on embarkation day. We have the screenshot to fall back on. All my cruises post-app have been from Australia and it absolutely makes a difference what your arrival time says. They always check and you are turned away, even if elite or suite, to wait until your boarding group has been called. Usually though they run up to an hour earlier than stated time.

7 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

We always take a Screenshot on the phone once we have our desired early boarding time. On occasions it has disappeared, even on embarkation day. We have the screenshot to fall back on. All my cruises post-app have been from Australia and it absolutely makes a difference what your arrival time says. They always check and you are turned away, even if elite or suite, to wait until your boarding group has been called. Usually though they run up to an hour earlier than stated time.

That’s good to know!  Thank you.

16 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

Good suggestion about the screenshot.

Most of our cruises are out of Los Angeles (San Pedro port). 

We show up when we want.  Our last cruise, just got home yesterday, we were suppose to show up at 11:00.  Then we received 3 emails during the two weeks prior to the start of the cruise, telling us to show up at 1:00 - ship is leaving at 3:00 - not happening.

We were in the parking lot at 11:00 a - walked over to the luggage handlers, turned over our luggage, went through security, walked to the elite line, got checked in and we were on board by 11:30

If you are told to wait in a holding area, then wait but it won't be long.

We had the smoothest boarding and quickest this past cruise.

My apologies if I have led anybody astray on my comments about ignoring arrival time.  My personal experience is limited to US ports along with Southampton, UK and Athens, Greece.  It never crossed my mind that Australia might be different...or Far East.  That being said...in almost 20 cruises so far *we* have never been asked about an assigned time...so you decide for yourself.