Club Continent Suite benefits

sarasotascott

I'm looking at booking our first cruise with Azamara and considering a Club Continent Suite.  After reviewing the amenities list online, I see "Complimentary in-room spirits" and "Complimentary seating in the specialty restaurants".   What are the details regarding the in-room spirits?  What are the details for the specialty dining?  Is there a limit to how many times you can dine on an 11-day cruise? Can you make reservations prior to boarding?   

5 minutes ago, sarasotascott said:

I'm looking at booking our first cruise with Azamara and considering a Club Continent Suite.  After reviewing the amenities list online, I see "Complimentary in-room spirits" and "Complimentary seating in the specialty restaurants".   What are the details regarding the in-room spirits?  What are the details for the specialty dining?  Is there a limit to how many times you can dine on an 11-day cruise? Can you make reservations prior to boarding?   

Club Continents are wonderful!  You can dine in the specialty restaurants every night if you like; best to make reservations as soon as you can after boarding as you can’t do it prior.  The in room spirits are typically a choice of gin, vodka, whiskey and rum; used to be one of each but our last cruise we were asked to pick one and it was a full size bottle.  You would also have a bottle of sparkling wine waiting for you in your stateroom.

Oh, suite guests also are served breakfast in Aqualina, wonderful way to start the day!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sarasotascott said:

No limit, but no, you can’t make reservations prior to boarding. You can make them at the reservations desk outside of the Windows (buffet) Restaurant right after boarding. 

• Like 1

Go for a Club Continent suite. The standard cabins are tiny with minuscule bathrooms. The club Continent suites are a great size with a decent sized bathroom. We chose one without a bath so we had a large walk in shower. As they matched our status with Celebrity that combined with the Suite discount gave us free Wi-Fi. You also get a free bag of laundry per week washed and ironed and afternoon tea delivered to your cabin as well as very substantial hors d oeuvres. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

Go for a Club Continent suite. The standard cabins are tiny with minuscule bathrooms. The club Continent suites are a great size with a decent sized bathroom. We chose one without a bath so we had a large walk in shower. As they matched our status with Celebrity that combined with the Suite discount gave us free Wi-Fi. You also get a free bag of laundry per week washed and ironed and afternoon tea delivered to your cabin as well as very substantial hors d oeuvres. 

Yes, the Club Continent suites are VERY nice, and I do like the showers. And yes, the Azamara regular bathrooms are smaller, although still fit for purpose.

But in general, the balcony cabins are very comparable to Millennium-class Celebrity ships: Azamara balcony cabins are 175 sq ft, plus the balcony at 40 sq ft. https://www.azamara.co.uk/our-ships/staterooms/club-balcony-stateroom. Celebrity Millennium class cabins are 150-175 sq ft, with a balcony of 38 sq Ft, according to the Celebrity website, https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/cruise-ships/celebrity-millennium/accommodations.

• Like 3

We have sailed with Azamara once and had another cruise on October and we also like the PH suited . We were able to eat in specialty restaurants every night except white nights , the alcohol in the room had changed as they gave us like 4 big full bottles! I am very interested to hear about delivering drinks to room with upgraded drink P as I don’t remember that but we may not have asked!

The in-room spirits amenity has been impacted by supply-chain issues, as Azamara is having trouble finding 375ml bottles [glass manufacturing is highly energy-intensive, so with natural gas being constrained in Europe the factories are apparently concentrating on larger bottles].  On Journey in October there were no bottles in our suite – our Butler showed us a menu and asked us to choose from among the list of 4 types of spirits.  I forget if we could have had all 4 types or if he asked for fewer choices, because I only wanted gin – and I don't know what size bottles he was going to deliver, because I said I didn't really like either of the two gin choices.  So he brought me 1 liter of Hendricks!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Yes, the Club Continent suites are VERY nice, and I do like the showers. And yes, the Azamara regular bathrooms are smaller, although still fit for purpose.

But in general, the balcony cabins are very comparable to Millennium-class Celebrity ships: Azamara balcony cabins are 175 sq ft, plus the balcony at 40 sq ft. https://www.azamara.co.uk/our-ships/staterooms/club-balcony-stateroom. Celebrity Millennium class cabins are 150-175 sq ft, with a balcony of 38 sq Ft, according to the Celebrity website, https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/cruise-ships/celebrity-millennium/accommodations.

We’ve only sailed Aqua class aft on Millenium class ships,  where the cabins have massive balconies and a great shower or in a suite. If I was to consider another Azamara cruise it would have to be a Club Continent suite as my husband who’s a big man couldn’t cope with the minuscule bathroom and shower. 

18 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

How do you select a CC suite with just shower? We are looking at booking Onward in November and cant work out which have batch vs just showers.

Thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, woodards said:

How do you select a CC suite with just shower? We are looking at booking Onward in November and cant work out which have batch vs just showers.

Thanks in advance.

Look at the deck plan.  CC suites with triangles have tubs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, shadowrider said:

In terms of suites getting specialty dining as part of the experience, how does Chef's Table work? I suppose that's still a supplement?

Yes, there is still a supplement for the chefs table if you are in a suite. Unfortunately I can’t recall if it’s a reduced rate or the same as everybody else. I will say this. The menu for the chefs table was substantially derived from dishes served in Aqualina and Prime C. If you plan to frequently dine in the specialty restaurants, the chefs table may not be as unique or special. The wine was very good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadowrider said:

In terms of suites getting specialty dining as part of the experience, how does Chef's Table work? I suppose that's still a supplement?

It's the same price for all cabins.  I disagree that you could duplicate the menu items at Aqualina and Prime C, but even if you could the wine pairings and the chef's and sommelier's explanations make it a unique evening.  We do it as often as we can every time we sail [even though DW doesn't drink] – the problem is getting in because it sells out so quickly!

9 hours ago, Shadow5501 said:

Yes, there is still a supplement for the chefs table if you are in a suite. Unfortunately I can’t recall if it’s a reduced rate or the same as everybody else. I will say this. The menu for the chefs table was substantially derived from dishes served in Aqualina and Prime C. If you plan to frequently dine in the specialty restaurants, the chefs table may not be as unique or special. The wine was very good.

Have seen no relation between Chef's Table menus and the specialty restaurant offerings.  Very puzzling assertion.

• Like 1

On an 11 night cruise last October I ate in Aqualina 5 nights, Prime C 5 nights, and chefs table once toward the end of the cruise. Afraid I did not successfully communicate my point. The component ingredients and their preparations as combined into menu items served at the chefs table substantially exist as component ingredients in the menu items served in Aqualina and Prime C. The meats, seafood, sauces, some of the sides - all are sourced from the menus of Aqualina and Prime C. If you were to make a Venn diagram of the items used in the chefs table menu they would have perhaps a 50% overlap with the specialty restaurant menus. The individual courses of the chefs table are not offered at the specialty restaurants, but if you ate at the specialty restaurants as often as I did, they will feel strangely familiar and not all that unique. That is my point. In retrospect, this is unlikely to be much of an issue for most passengers…

Edited by Shadow5501

43 minutes ago, Shadow5501 said:

On an 11 night cruise last October I ate in Aqualina 5 nights, Prime C 5 nights, and chefs table once toward the end of the cruise. Afraid I did not successfully communicate my point. The component ingredients and their preparations as combined into menu items served at the chefs table substantially exist as component ingredients in the menu items served in Aqualina and Prime C. The meats, seafood, sauces, some of the sides - all are sourced from the menus of Aqualina and Prime C. If you were to make a Venn diagram of the items used in the chefs table menu they would have perhaps a 50% overlap with the specialty restaurant menus. The individual courses of the chefs table are not offered at the specialty restaurants, but if you ate at the specialty restaurants as often as I did, they will feel strangely familiar and not all that unique. That is my point. In retrospect, this is unlikely to be much of an issue for most passengers…

If you're saying there's beef tenderloin in Prime C and beef tenderloin on a Chef's Table menu, that's true.  If you're saying there's similarity in the preparation of the dishes, I really have to disagree.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Shadow5501 said:

I don’t think any of the chef’s table courses were anything like the specialty restaurant offerings.  Everything about the chef’s tables is unique!  We dine every night in the specialties so have some experience with what’s offered.