A new Price Increase - Classic and Premium Bar Setup

Jim_Iain

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

In the past week so the Price for the Premium Bar Setup went up from $150 to $230 (plus 20%) a whopping 50% increase.    Glad I purchased it  couple weeks ago.   

image.thumb.png.27e31959687cf34ff363035f82f8df4e.png

Holy mackinoly that's a big jump!  I'm glad I stopped drinking or I'd have one hell of a bill at the end of my cruise.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I think that was to be expected when the raised price of the beverage packages.

I guess Iain will have to just pick up his drinks at the bar on the way up to the room... He usually buys a bottle just for the convenience of having a drink in the room.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I guess Iain will have to just pick up his drinks at the bar on the way up to the room... He usually buys a bottle just for the convenience of having a drink in the room.

Don’t you guys usually stay in upper suites that include the two bottles of alcohol?

5 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Don’t you guys usually stay in upper suites that include the two bottles of alcohol?

We  usually stay in either a CS or a RS.  Only the RS and above come with the two bottles.  We often also stay in a SS when a CS isn't available.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We  usually stay in either a CS or a RS.  Only the RS and above come with the two bottles.  We often also stay in a SS when a CS isn't available.

Still, that is a lot of money for the convenance of having a liter bottle of alcohol and a six pack of soda.   I could see it for the old price but not the new price.   It'd be cheaper to drink the Tito's from the mini-bar 🙂

54 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Still, that is a lot of money for the convenance of having a liter bottle of alcohol and a six pack of soda.   I could see it for the old price but not the new price.   It'd be cheaper to drink the Tito's from the mini-bar 🙂

That's an idea.    I don't drink so really doesn't affect me.   When he doesn't have a bar setup I usually stop by a bar and pick him up one while he goes out and has a cigarette.

1 minute ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Still cheaper here. That is until the celebrity employee monitoring these boards finds this post...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-gifts/items-results?category=SPIRIT&collection=LIQUORPKG

Interesting -- Never looked at the gift shop.    Even if you have to get your own mixers could be a good deal until they find it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

That's an idea.    I don't drink so really doesn't affect me.   When he doesn't have a bar setup I usually stop by a bar and pick him up one while he goes out and has a cigarette.

Hopefully he does not mind Tito's instead of Absolut, which I believe is what you normally get when you request bottles. 

9 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Still cheaper here. That is until the celebrity employee monitoring these boards finds this post...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-gifts/items-results?category=SPIRIT&collection=LIQUORPKG

Thanks for the input.   We have a cruise coming up in May  -   Kinda a B3B but we get off for a week in Amsterdam.   I didn't buy a bottle for that cruise.

I just used your link and purchased a bottle -   Downside is you have to pay via credit card in lieu of OBC.   Upside the price plus at least when placing the order they don't charge a gratuity of 20%.    Will report back once the process the order -  it isn't immediate.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the input.   We have a cruise coming up in May  -   Kinda a B3B but we get off for a week in Amsterdam.   I didn't buy a bottle for that cruise.

I just used your link and purchased a bottle -   Downside is you have to pay via credit card in lieu of OBC.   Upside the price plus at least when placing the order they don't charge a gratuity of 20%.    Will report back once the process the order -  it isn't immediate.

Thank you, I'm also curious on the size of the bottle you get.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 8:48 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Just wanted to come back and report    I used the "HACK" of purchasing as a gift and it worked.   I got a confirmation to day -    $130 for a Liter of Gray Goose and they don't charge the 20% gratuity.  

Thanks for pointing this out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just wanted to come back and report    I used the "HACK" of purchasing as a gift and it worked.   I got a confirmation to day -    $130 for a Liter of Gray Goose and they don't charge the 20% gratuity.  

Thanks for pointing this out.

44 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Will report back once we get it in May as to what size bottle it is.

Glad you got the confirmation. Let's keep this on the down low 😉

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, RJM1017 said:

Quick question.  Was thinking of getting a bottle through this hack, but there is no way I’m drinking a liter of scotch or grey goose in a week.  Can I carry off the left overs?  Anyone done this?  

Thx.  

They are not going to require you to consume the whole bottle or give it back at the end of the cruise.  You can bring it home.

56 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

They are not going to require you to consume the whole bottle or give it back at the end of the cruise.  You can bring it home.

And I can confirm this...I didn't want to be staggering down the gangway...

3 hours ago, RJM1017 said:

Quick question.  Was thinking of getting a bottle through this hack, but there is no way I’m drinking a liter of scotch or grey goose in a week.  Can I carry off the left overs?  Anyone done this?  

Thx.  

No problems taking off the ship.   Just make sure you pack it will insulated in your suitcase as you will not be allowed to take it in you carry -on through TSA.

On 1/15/2023 at 11:49 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Ok.  Am confused.  Is Lain not Zenith +  ?