Riviera re-inspiration

jjeffjb

On 1/19/2023 at 7:37 PM, Jancruz said:

There never were divider curtains..they were small curtains for show..

FDR does not believe in dividing the cabin..

Jancruz1

FDR believes that dividing the cabin is an amenity reserved for luxury cruise lines.

Cabins on Regent have a lightproof curtain between the bed and sitting area. It's fantastic. I can work at the desk or open the window curtains in the morning while my wife sleeps late. She can read at night after I go to bed. It's like having a two room suite.

Cabin size isn't the issue. On RSSC Mariner last month our cabin interior was just 12 sf larger than Riviera's veranda cabins.

I wish all the cruise lines had divider curtains.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 5:25 PM, Robjame said:

There are two areas where the salads, burgers, waves grill are during the day.

One makes an appetizer - focaccia and different varieties of burrata or mozzarella -  caprese, burrata with arugula, burrata and balsamic, tuna.

The other makes whole pizzas maybe 14 inch - made to order. Margherita, vegetarian, pepperoni, all with red sauce.They will do two types of toppings on one pie. Thin crust.

‘One dessert pizza with Nutella.

image.thumb.jpeg.324ab4fe7e9cc6e5b4f511ab9d53240c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f09407b1e01c00627a461a7c59f0dbfd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fb7aeaff1af5fedfd719c5886e8dbc35.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dc7c40f2b99ef29b4e7e0252ed406c04.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2711b5c9111aefafb3760758ae3ca610.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

I read that Jaques space was redesigned. Do you have a photo of it by any chance? Just curious to see it. 

I do not have a photo but my Wife and I were disappointment at the redesign.

To us, it took away that French bistro look to just another restaurant anywhere in the world look. It did not seem as bright and light as before.

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and of course the service and food were excellent but, it did not look or feel "French".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We ate at Jacques two nights ago. I was also disappointed in the way it looks. Very generic with little flavor of France.  I do love the new PH1 suites. The bathrooms are beautiful. I love the shower and all the storage. I have also  been “under impressed” with the new decorations in the public parts of the shop. It’s all lacking any color.  But- that’s just my opinion! I’m still having a great time! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Robjame said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e55b8c48473fa18dd35be1a5d44add42.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.145972e5022c1682fdb6610657f74c96.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f621b1e6d8ffb6b3ce9cc396165b9b90.jpeg

We're fine with the reimagination. Still looks like a French Bistro to us. I will say however the tables seem a little more "snug". As long as the food is as good as usual, we'll not have an issue. We do have issue with the price increase in Le Reserve. It looks to have gone up at least $40 PP since last Jan. The food & ambience are excellent, but the menu does need changes.I'm referring to La Bourgeoise, which has been by far our favorite of the tasting menus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

If you look on the back wall of the middle picture, there is a window into the chef prep area where he is typically carving meat for the orders. We enjoyed sitting back there and watching his skill.

Wasn't it always there??

It looks darker than before but maybe the lighting & time of day the photos were taken

The Chairs  do look more comfortable

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/jacques-311083/jacques--v14124822/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

If you look on the back wall of the middle picture, there is a window into the chef prep area where he is typically carving meat for the orders. We enjoyed sitting back there and watching his skill.

Thank you for posting the photos. It looks lovely. I've only seen the original in photos, so I suppose I can see  how it looks less like a "bistro" but it still looks very nice.

• Like 1

We are seeing a number of waiters using masks. In talking to them, apparently the fluff is starting to come up on the new carpets (we have noticed this in the stateroom as well) and allergies are playing up. If you are allergic to dust or this type of thing, you may want to pack appropriate meds.

6 minutes ago, Robjame said:

We are seeing a number of waiters using masks. In talking to them, apparently the fluff is starting to come up on the new carpets (we have noticed this in the stateroom as well) and allergies are playing up. If you are allergic to dust or this type of thing, you may want to pack appropriate meds.

we found   the off gassing  when on Marina shortly after  her 1st sailings were an issue

DH  was having trouble breathing  so we would spend  more time outside

Thanks for sharing

We booked our first Oceania cruise on the Marina in 2025 and finally found out form Oceania CS that the Marina will get the new revisioning in May 2024.  I hope it is the same as the Riviera got last year. We are jumping ship from Celebrity and our high loyalty status to try Oceania. We have 2 more Oceania cruise we are looking at for 2024 and 2025.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2023 at 4:37 PM, terrydtx said:

We booked our first Oceania cruise on the Marina in 2025 and finally found out form Oceania CS that the Marina will get the new revisioning in May 2024.  I hope it is the same as the Riviera got last year. We are jumping ship from Celebrity and our high loyalty status to try Oceania. We have 2 more Oceania cruise we are looking at for 2024 and 2025.

We are the same. Elite on X but Celebrity is no longer the special line it once was. Remember the Michel Roux days? Chateaubriand in the MDR. Grilled to order salmon in the spa cafe. Those days are long gone. We are sailing Riviera in March. I already had a sailing booked with Celebrity on Summit to Bermuda in July. We will keep that one since there was already a deposit made... but I sure am glad I booked in Aqua. The Blu menu looks decent, but MDR menu looks lacking in every way. I'm sure Marina will get the same renovation that Riviera got since they are sister ships.

6 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

We are the same. Elite on X but Celebrity is no longer the special line it once was. Remember the Michel Roux days? Chateaubriand in the MDR. Grilled to order salmon in the spa cafe. Those days are long gone. We are sailing Riviera in March. I already had a sailing booked with Celebrity on Summit to Bermuda in July. We will keep that one since there was already a deposit made... but I sure am glad I booked in Aqua. The Blu menu looks decent, but MDR menu looks lacking in every way. I'm sure Marina will get the same renovation that Riviera got since they are sister ships.

We are also Elite and have seen everything go downhill on X.  Last year we did a X cruise on the Reflection is a Sky Suite and had a lot of misses in Luminae. We followed that cruise with one on HAL Oosterdam from Venice and all 4 of us agreed the MDR food overall was better on the Oosterdam than the Reflection Luminae. The 4 of us, DW and sister and BIL are booked on the Marina and looking forward to something better than X. If we hadn't received a really great deal on the 4 upcoming X Retreat cruises, we would have canceled them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We are also Elite and have seen everything go downhill on X.  Last year we did a X cruise on the Reflection is a Sky Suite and had a lot of misses in Luminae. We followed that cruise with one on HAL Oosterdam from Venice and all 4 of us agreed the MDR food overall was better on the Oosterdam than the Reflection Luminae. The 4 of us, DW and sister and BIL are booked on the Marina and looking forward to something better than X. If we hadn't received a really great deal on the 4 upcoming X Retreat cruises, we would have canceled them.

Not to hijack an O thread but I'm just off =X= Equinox in Luminae and they got it right about 90%.  The chef took beef carpaccio off the MDR menu at the last minute but prepared it for us special 3 nights in a row.  As with O, it's about the service as well as the food. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We're aboard Riviera now in a Veranda stateroom, and pleased with the upgrades.

I hate tiny night tables with flat tops that things roll off of, that you only discover when checking under the bed before debarking.

20230211_135232.thumb.jpg.69ba437b580332f8f5844434f320e935.jpg

Look! Three big drawers, a top about 15" x 15" - and fiddle rails!

On 1/28/2023 at 12:12 AM, the more ports the better said:

The set up is on both sides of the bed in PH

F320A14E-F3A2-4CFE-A3BF-EC5FEA4AD42F.jpeg

Also on the desk, and also in the Veranda cabins. 120v, 240v, USB charging port and USB-C port labeled "fast charge." So there's half a pound of chargers and my trusty lightweight 18 foot extension cord that I could have left home.

This is the first cabin I can remember with a surplus of drawer space. There's plenty in the cabin, and then the same corner drawer and cabinet unit shown in the PH photos.

Lots of useful improvements.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, toolworker said:

We're aboard Riviera now in a Veranda stateroom, and pleased with the upgrades.

I hate tiny night tables with flat tops that things roll off of, that you only discover when checking under the bed before debarking.

20230211_135232.thumb.jpg.69ba437b580332f8f5844434f320e935.jpg

Look! Three big drawers, a top about 15" x 15" - and fiddle rails!

Also on the desk, and also in the Veranda cabins. 120v, 240v, USB charging port and USB-C port labeled "fast charge." So there's half a pound of chargers and my trusty lightweight 18 foot extension cord that I could have left home.

This is the first cabin I can remember with a surplus of drawer space. There's plenty in the cabin, and then the same corner drawer and cabinet unit shown in the PH photos.

Lots of useful improvements.

Just got back from Riviera today(spent an extra night in Fl.)Really love the redo of the ship. The new shower is fantastic! I'll be doing a full review soon.

• Like 3