Elite internet

antsp

7 hours ago, d9704011 said:

So I gathered from Steelers36's post.

You indicated: "My understanding is that if you purchase onboard, they provide a non-refundable OBC for half the onboard price ($15/day)."

My point is they do not charge $15 and thus there is no need to provide any OBC,

I did a search on Princess' site (I should know better).  Since this thread was buried on page 3, I felt safe to resurrect @antsp  Thanks.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/onboard/keeping-in-touch/

Guests can choose to bundle unlimited Wi-Fi (along with other perks) with their cruise with Princess Plus fares. MedallionNet Wi-Fi is also available for purchase in the MedallionClass® app starting at $9.99 USD pre-cruise for a single-device. Platinum and Elite Captain’s Circle members receive a 50% discount on their MedallionNet purchase.

https://cruiseradio.net/princess-cruises-hikes-daily-gratuities-wifi/

Also effective for voyages sailing February 20, 2023 and beyond, Princess Cruises’ MedallionNet wifi will cost $15 per day for a single-device plan, and $40 per day for a four-device plan. Currently, the single-device plan costs $10.

Does this mean that I can still purchase wifi and gratuities if I pre-pay before February 20 even if my cruise is after 2/20?  As always, Princess seems to present conflicting questions.  

And has anyone been able to purchase on day one.  Do you pay net price or are you "rewarded" with OBC?

59 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I did a search on Princess' site (I should know better).  Since this thread was buried on page 3, I felt safe to resurrect @antsp  Thanks.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/onboard/keeping-in-touch/

Guests can choose to bundle unlimited Wi-Fi (along with other perks) with their cruise with Princess Plus fares. MedallionNet Wi-Fi is also available for purchase in the MedallionClass® app starting at $9.99 USD pre-cruise for a single-device. Platinum and Elite Captain’s Circle members receive a 50% discount on their MedallionNet purchase.

https://cruiseradio.net/princess-cruises-hikes-daily-gratuities-wifi/

Also effective for voyages sailing February 20, 2023 and beyond, Princess Cruises’ MedallionNet wifi will cost $15 per day for a single-device plan, and $40 per day for a four-device plan. Currently, the single-device plan costs $10.

Does this mean that I can still purchase wifi and gratuities if I pre-pay before February 20 even if my cruise is after 2/20?  As always, Princess seems to present conflicting questions.  

And has anyone been able to purchase on day one.  Do you pay net price or are you "rewarded" with OBC?

a) The higher price for voyages after 2/20 was put into effect in December. There was about a week notice after the announcement when you could pay the old price.

b) If you purchase while on board, you pay the net price. When you pay with the app before the cruise, it is now supposed to only charge the net price.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, caribill said:

a) The higher price for voyages after 2/20 was put into effect in December. There was about a week notice after the announcement when you could pay the old price.

b) If you purchase while on board, you pay the net price. When you pay with the app before the cruise, it is now supposed to only charge the net price.

If I buy now - it is charging me $15 per day.

56 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

I had the same issue on the app. It shows full price. apparently not recognizing that we are elite. I called and got it added at the $7.50 rate. 

Back when the rate was $10, I called and was told it had to be charged at $10 with half back as OBC on board.

But I went to the app I was only charged $5/day.

Looks like the app is inconsistent, but it did have the correct Captain's Circle status for me.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

If you purchase while on board, you pay the net price. When you pay with the app before the cruise, it is now supposed to only charge the net price.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

If I buy now - it is charging me $15 per day.

That is way I said "supposed."

It did charge me half price in early December.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, caribill said:

Looks like the app is inconsistent, but it did have the correct Captain's Circle status for me.

I don't see the Captain's Circle status on the app. Other than the Princess logo is blue. Should it be black if you are elite? 

8 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

I don't see the Captain's Circle status on the app. Other than the Princess logo is blue. Should it be black if you are elite? 

That's a good question. The Princess logo on mine is also blue. I'm elite, and the discount on internet never show up like it did for our cruise back in August of last year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

I do not know the color answer, but since it charged me the correct price, I assume it was all knowing.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Sailaway617 said:

Great! Thank you, cr8tiv1. Is it something you can do at Wi-Fi desk on board or is there a way to do it through the app? 

I ordered the 4 device option via the computer.  It is currently showing up on my phone app.  I "believe" all you will need is your cabin number and birthdate to log on to any of the 4 devices.  I've only had single device in the past.  When I logged on, it would automatically log off the other device (or at least ask).  With 4 devices. you shouldn't be kicked off any of the other 3.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

That's a good question. The Princess logo on mine is also blue. I'm elite, and the discount on internet never show up like it did for our cruise back in August of last year. 

The color of the logo on your picture in the profile area should reflect your Captains Club status.

4 hours ago, Sailaway617 said:

Great! Thank you, cr8tiv1. Is it something you can do at Wi-Fi desk on board or is there a way to do it through the app? 

You can share any internet plan with any other guest(s) on board.  You would provide them your cabin number and birthdate.  Those are the MedallionNet login credentials.  No need to discuss with anyone other than with whom you are sharing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ldtr said:

The color of the logo on your picture in the profile area should reflect your Captains Club status.

I wonder why/how it changed. For our sailing of last August, the app clearly picked up the fact that we're elite since I bought the internet package at the discounted rate.