Price Match for Ultra Deluxe Veranda

GuyeCO

We are sailing out on Equinox in January 2024 on the family veranda category (UC category) (The room that includes bunk beds)...

Is there an easy way to price match besides calling in? I would have to imagine it's more expensive than a SV (sunset veranda) category room. It's not listed as a room that you can book online..

You can only book 5 people by calling so wasn't sure if there was an easy way to track price drops online.

TIA

57 minutes ago, GuyeCO said:

We are sailing out on Equinox in January 2024 on the family veranda category (UC category) (The room that includes bunk beds)...

Is there an easy way to price match besides calling in? I would have to imagine it's more expensive than a SV (sunset veranda) category room. It's not listed as a room that you can book online..

You can only book 5 people by calling so wasn't sure if there was an easy way to track price drops online.

TIA

The quick answer is, no.  There is no easy way to check for price changes for UV (aka FV) cabins.  You have to call Celebrity or your TA to find out.  If all 4 UVs are booked, there won't be a price for you to compare yours to. 

We've booked the FVs for the past 20 years and it's very rare for us to get a favorable price adjustment after booking.

They are nice cabins, though.

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, GuyeCO said:

TIA

You could certainly watch the prices for sunset verandas or other standard verandas for your cruise.  It's likely that if the price of these goes down, the price of your FV should follow the same trend.

Even if they are sold out, I do believe that Celebrity has to ability to see what the price of the cabin would be if it were available.  Whether they will disclose that rate or allow you to reprice to that rate is up to them.

Agree with @jelayne at least one cabin has to be available to price match.

I often create a bookmark to the page where you select the classification of rooms to make it really easy to search on a daily basis.

e.g.   for my Key West Cruise in April -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=AX07W462&sDT=2023-04-15&sCD=AX&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1

On 1/21/2023 at 6:35 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Agree with @jelayne at least one cabin has to be available to price match.

I often create a bookmark to the page where you select the classification of rooms to make it really easy to search on a daily basis.

e.g.   for my Key West Cruise in April -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=AX07W462&sDT=2023-04-15&sCD=AX&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1

Love this idea.. Except you can't find Family Vernada rooms available online.

44 minutes ago, GuyeCO said:

Love this idea.. Except you can't find Family Vernada rooms available online.

It is still the easiest way to check, but you have to accept that you’ve picked a cabin  that tends to sell out very quickly, and rarely returns to availability much before sailing, if at all…

Edited by Mark_T

There is a German website I use for showing available staterooms.  On their first page for the sailing they have a summary of rooms.  Sold out cabins have the price with a line through.  Even though in Euros and pricing for the German market I believe if you see a change here you should call Celebrity and inquire.

image.png.6e9246be10d07a628c51acf99f6a19dd.png

And yes the Penthouse on this 13 night Connie sailing is available for the low low price of $75,000 if you include the $8,000 refundable deposit upcharge (final payment is next week!)

image.png.e3dbc2d43ab72fedec7083353df59855.png

10 hours ago, GuyeCO said:

Except you can't find Family Vernada rooms available online.

I agree.  I have never seen an S class FV cabin available on Celebrity's online reservation system.  Because there are more of them (12), it is not uncommon to see M class FVs online.

15 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

There is a German website I use for showing available staterooms.  On their first page for the sailing they have a summary of rooms.  Sold out cabins have the price with a line through.  Even though in Euros and pricing for the German market I believe if you see a change here you should call Celebrity and inquire.

image.png.6e9246be10d07a628c51acf99f6a19dd.png

And yes the Penthouse on this 13 night Connie sailing is available for the low low price of $75,000 if you include the $8,000 refundable deposit upcharge (final payment is next week!)

image.png.e3dbc2d43ab72fedec7083353df59855.png

Anyway to tell me what the German website is?

13 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I agree.  I have never seen an S class FV cabin available on Celebrity's online reservation system.  Because there are more of them (12), it is not uncommon to see M class FVs online.

It does happen, there was one showing for about a week, just before sailing on our 2nd Jan cruise, but seeing one before final payment would be much more rare…